Positive Experiences

OK I know it is hot and very different but people must be driven to take these assigments in Saudi Arabia.  I know the money is good, absolutely AMAZING in my offer, but that can not be the only reason. 

Tell me what has been you most positive experience as an expat in the KSA?  Particularly interested in American or British expats as I have experience with both cultures, being an American currently on assignmernt to the UK.

Cheers,

Doug

i would suggest u to read Alliecat's post she is one of the most positive Expat i have seen.I would have hardly noticed her whining about Saudi and its life she has taken the life very positive.Specially read the post where she mentions her feelings when she came back from states after her vacation.
She has surprised me.....Huh! enough admiration of Allie:P

Money can not be the only thing but money is the the biggest reason to move Saudi or none of us would be here.[probably]
I bet the peace of mind and the amount of saving you gonna have in this part of world its beyond your imagination.Western Expats could achieve better life comparatively to us and i hate the fact:mad: and you will know this soon.
Rest of info u will be getting from other members.They r quite helpful regarding sharing the information.

I just hope u find good friends around u:)

I also find that the pace of life has changed.

I used to work in the heart of London's financial industry and regularly would be up early, home late, never see the family, working like hell just to stand still.

Now, here in KSA life seems to move at a much slower pace. This can be really frustrating but quite liberating if you embrace it.

The result is that I now achieve about the same at work but also get to spend tinme with my family.