Menu
Expat.com

casual football

Last activity 18 August 2013 by sghsaigon

iamchris

Hi I have just arrived in HCMC and am staying for a few months. At the moment I'm in a hostel just off bui vien in district 1. What I really want to do is find somewhere where people play football regularly, maybe a local park that will have games happening or a regular game that welcomes new people. Any help would be appreciated.

Also if anyone could direct me to a good place to watch football on TV the would be great.

Thanks again.

Chris.

chirstmax

oh, you can refer to this link

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=289392

there is a football match tomorrow, you can come and join with them

laidbackfreak
iamchris wrote:

At the moment I'm in a hostel just off bui vien in district 1. Chris.

iamchris wrote:

Also if anyone could direct me to a good place to watch football on TV the would be great.

There are at least 2 bars on the street your staying that show football regularly and another 3 within 20 yards of the area depending on the time of day the game is on.

Spotted Cow 111 Bui Vien is my preferred spot, good screens and good staff who look after you. If the games not on just ask them and they will try and find it.

nguyentran28

Hi Chris,
I am living in Ho Chi Minh, i play  football not bad big_smile.png. two games per week, if you like playing with me.
p/m my email: ballackfanvn@yahoo.com
see u soon!
Tuan.

sghsaigon

Universal Bar, 90 Bui Vien, Pham Ngu Lao, District 1. No. 1 Football Bar and No. 1 Football team ...

rojamin

still playing football? Now you've got A TEAM???
since I had to work i play less and less, where u guys playin these days? dont tell me in the park near Bui Vien smile.png)

sghsaigon

Rojamin, things have changed a lot since i last seen you, i started my team in the end of January. I started a 5 a side team, won a league. Then by the 2nd season, i expanded to two 5 a side teams. Now i have enough players to play 11 a side. Have won 3 trophies so far and played 2 friendlies in a 11 a side. In the 2nd game, we defeated the SIFL champions. I would love you to come and watch sometime ...

Steven.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Ho Chi Minh City

All of Ho Chi Minh City's guide articles