Just about to arrive

I am moving to Bucharest in a few weeks, Is there anything I need to know or be careful of?

Thanks

James

Is it a long term move?

Will you work here?

Do you have family too coming with you?

There is not really anything you really need to know, there are no real dangerous things anyway that i can think of.

Romanian people tend to be quite freindly and helpfull once you get to know them, its a different pace of life to the UK, so dont expect some things to be done asap, people here are more relaxed than in the UK for example, but on the flip side they tend to be more freindly too.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I'm moving from Spain to open an office and run our UK operations from Bucharest.
It's just me and my boy (Norman the Shar Pei).
I have been told there is always a lot of paperwork involved with everything?

I will be in Bucharest in 11 days to find an apartment, can you recommend any good estate agents?

Thanks

James
P.s
I am also looking for a hotel in sector 1, nor cheap but not mega bucks, Any ideas?

Would be a good idea to get a Romanian friend to call ahead for apartments, as least to establish the price and conditions before visiting (if they are not stated in the ad). Otherwise, prices could 'vary'...

Make sure you bring everything with you so you can get your residence certificate easily. You have to apply for this within the first three months of arriving. The process isn't too difficult, but again, a Romanian to help you will make things easier (I'm assuming you don't speak Romanian). The paperwork for the certificate isn't too bad to be honest, but make sure you bring some proof of healthcare, as that can be the tricky one.

The majority of apartments are privately advertised here. You do get 'agents', but most of them are just guys re-advertising apartments and pocketing a fee. Make sure you get a contract (you'll probably need it for your residence certificate application) and check all the utilities are paid up-to-date otherwise you could get a nasty surprise.

Depending on your budget, in the last few years a lot of gated residencies have been built. They're expensive (up to and beyond 1000 Euro per apartment) but have secure underground parking and other facilities. A normal apartment in a regular block (one-bedroom) in sector 1 will probably cost you from 300-500 Euro.

hello James
i have a lovely double studio flat top central. the rent is 450 euro/month and this include also house maintenance, electricity and cable tv and internet. it will be available from the 1st of november. let me know if you are interested. Cintia Weston.

Hi,
Do you have any photos?
How many square metres is it, Really looking for over 0 / 90 square metres in Sector 1.

Thanks

James

[url=https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/105252055147753046207/albums/5831164074699904705]pictures

these are the pictures of the flat - it is small 30 square meters but you have everything in it and it is bang in the middle of the city - opposite MAGHERU ONE - the newest office building in the center. Address is Bd. Balcescu 36 and there is a parking space in the back of the building. The bedroom area is separated by a curtain from the living room area. The bed is large enough to accommodate 3-4 people, not just a couple or a man and his dog. :lol:
The flat will be free between 8th -15 of october, so you can come and take a look, and will become vacant from the 1st of November.
Cintia Weston 0744643169

Hi there
As a romanian,I will not advise you  to choose a flat before seeing it with your own eyes.
And I will also advise you to not accept any prices untill you will get an idea about the actual prices here..
If you wish,I could help you with this.Just tell me.
I am not looking for offering you my properties and I don't want any fee.
But I am an artist and I always look for good taste decorated flats.(I have also renovated some flats by myself)
As I already saw,you are looking for a flat in sector 1.
But you know,the sector 1 is large enough so depends where?
How many rooms?
Which level?unfurnished,fully furnished,etc?
Quiet street,main roads?
For one year?or less?6 months?
I can also inform you that the prices are low here and there are plenty of flats..so,it's not difficult at all to find something.
Regarding the prices,you will have as well a lot of choices .

You have here a link,but this is just for you to get an idea.

imobiliare.ro/inchirieri-apartamente/bucuresti?id=15585410