Accomodation in Muscat (Oman)

Hi,

Currently analysing a job proposal for Muscat in Oman, I would like to know if with 840 OMR, it is possible to find a 3 bedroom villa (with pool if possible) in Muscat area.

Thanks for your inputs.

Dav

hey Dav,

My mother lives in oman. rented a 2 bedroom apartment for 380 RO per month! Rent has become even more expensive this year. its much better if your employer provides housing. she now rents an apartment through her employment and only pays 260 per month. but i think you can find a villa with 840 with a pool an all... your employer can also help you find one. there is also the option of renting a villa within a housing compound of maybe 5 or 6 villas and then sharing a pool or other facilities with them. i know of such a compound in an area called Qurum in muscat...(its close to everything too, and plenty of expat neighbours)... my mum's apartment is also in Qurum.

and i have to warn you that there are no public schools in oman for expats so you have to pay loadz if you've got kids. there are really good schools though. the british school and And (ABA)-american british academy and TAISM the american international school in muscat. i went to The Sultans School, they do IB there now. Its around 3500 per year. TAISM and ABA are more expensive. there is also MPS (muscat private school) they have classes for expats and they do A-levels. its 3000RO per year.

the cost of living in oman is also very high. normal grocery shopping is more expensive because they don't produce anything locally so everything is imported.

but there are plenty of expats living in oman and they all do extremely well. And save plenty of money!!btw utilities are usually included if your residence is provided for by the employer. but they are not that expensive anyway. high speed internet(starts at 9RO per mont!!), cell phones and house phone bills are very reasonably priced.

living in oman in general is very nice i lived there for 8 years. cars are REALLY cheap. ppl are very nice. and life is soooo calm and slow! its  unlike any other city in the world. its like you're living in the suburbs of USA probably!!!.... and there's also the proximity to Dubai, its a four hour drive, no visa req. for all europeans and north americans and i am sure you wont be able to resist a decent shopping trip to there... I wish you all the best. let me know if u have any more questions.

How is it been the life there??!! Did you try?!Did you get this house with pool??!! :/

dav wrote:

Hi,

Currently analysing a job proposal for Muscat in Oman, I would like to know if with 840 OMR, it is possible to find a 3 bedroom villa (with pool if possible) in Muscat area.

Thanks for your inputs.

Dav

hi, if anybody knows the contact to rent an appartment in muscat near the beach for a week? not very expensive.

Hi, I'm looking at applying for a teaching job in Oman. Does anyone know anything about the accomodation that the schools provide?

Also what is it like to live and work in Oman?

Cheers
Lou

Hi, If you looking Villa in Muscat with 4 Bedroom with Garden also less kilo meter from Villa to beach annd 2 kilo meter distance for larget mall in Oman.

Rent is almost R.O 700 and also so few property in Wave Muscat with pool but cost 3 or 4 Bedroom aound R.o 1200 to 1600.

Regards

Syed