Will it work?

Hi,

I am a career Chef, considering relocation to Belize. I need feedback as to whether any of the following would be well received by the Ex-Pat community;
Gourmet meals prepared in your home for you and guests with/without cooking lessons
Small,take-away gourmet food shop
Catered events for up to 200
Thank you for your thoughts
Chef Tom

Gourmet food restaurants are becoming quite popular there are small communities and a new idea might work depending on the demand. I would recommend that you choose communities that are large  like San Pedro or Placencia peninsula.

Good suggestion. I think your advice is sound. By the way, you might want to try to sell the Josh Freeman jersey I sent you. The Bucs released him after 4 straight losses to begin the year, and he signed today with the Minnesota Vikings. I probably shouldn't say I told you so, but "I told you so!!" LOL!! RICK DAY

OK, could not let that Josh Freeman shot pass by, as I am a Kansas State grad!  LOL

Chefpeppers:
No offense intended, but I'm a huge Bucs and Dolphins fan and I live in West Palm Beach. Over the past 3 years I've attended 5 Bucs games (Tampa) and every time I've seen Freeman play, he stunk up the joint. Re the response from Kenubelizeit, I consider Ken to be a good friend. He live in Corozal and is a top-notch tour guide. Whatever he recommends you can bank on it as being true. As a token of our friendship I mailed him a J.F. jersey with a note that his days may be numbered with the Bucs. Sorry to say it but I was right. By the way, we'll be moving to Corozal in June. Maybe our paths will cross. (I'll suggest to Ken that if he gets tired of the jersey to look you up!! LOL!!

Thank you for your input! Will be scouting in Nov, maybe we'll cross paths

My opinion is that the Corozal Expats will not support a chef.  Just my opinion.   San Ignacio is a little more affluent and a larger population.

Ken:
Let's plan to get together when Linda and I are in Corozal in March (6th-10th). By the way, the Bucs (0-5 so far) released Freeman (still owe him 6M) and he signed with Minnesota Vikings for 3M for rest of the season. Ain't that a hoot?!! RICK