Should I renew my passport

Hi everyone,

I would love any information you may provide me with before I make my move to live permanently on St Lucia, retired with a passport expiring within 3 weeks after my move.  Should I renew my passport prior to moving or would it be better to do it there with a St Lucian address?  Since I won't be working I heard that I will not be needing a visa just a permanent address once I get there...is this correct?  And if so, is it okay then to purchase a one-way ticket instead of having a return trip?  Thank you for any and all information you can help me with.  I will be relocating from the USA.  Thank you again. :)

Rowan

Hi Rowan,

I have created a new topic with your post on the Saint Lucia forum for more visibility and responses.

All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

We are also from Texas now living on Saint Lucia. I would recommend getting a new passport with a US address makes things less complicated, if not you may create confusion with one or both countries. You do not need a visa to live here but you need a current passport with at least six months left on it. You also need a return airplane ticket we paid a bit extra to have a return date good for a year. If we can answer any questions please let us know.

Mytcar34 wrote:

We are also from Texas now living on Saint Lucia. I would recommend getting a new passport with a US address makes things less complicated, if not you may create confusion with one or both countries. You do not need a visa to live here but you need a current passport with at least six months left on it. You also need a return airplane ticket we paid a bit extra to have a return date good for a year. If we can answer any questions please let us know.

Hello Mary (whales), :cool:

What MYTCAR is saying is true.
There are other options AFTER you live here for a while. ;)