Menu
Expat.com

New In The City

Last activity 02 November 2013 by hani 1976

Sinta9

Hi, I'm female, married, not working yet and just moved to Dubai about two months ago following my spouse, and while in the meantime I'm still a bit busy with all paperworks & setting up home, I'd like to start to meet people and hopefully can find like-minded (female) friends who would also like to explore the city by foot/public transportations as I haven't got around to get driving licence here, try new eateries, go to music concerts, enjoy the beach (sunbath, walk), picnic in the parks, and the last but not the least: learn Arabic. Thanks.

Maximilien

Hi Sinta9,

Welcome to Expat.com happy.gif

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

M.R.McCool

Hi there Sinta9

I am also here a few months. I am working in a school and would be very interested in meeting new people and also learning Arabic. I live in Al Nadha 2 is that local to you?

Best Wishes

Margaret

Sinta9

Thanks, Maximilien!

Sinta9

Hi, Margaret, I just googled it, is it nearby Mamzar Beach? I live in Jumeirah so I guess it's a bit far but as I'm not working yet, I'm still quite flexible with my daily schedule. Are you looking for Arabic course? Please send me message when you have some free time and want to meet smile.png.
Thanks & Cheers, Sinta

M.R.McCool

Hi,

Its near sharjah. But ive have got used to taking the bus and metro. So i'm quite willing to travel. Im free over this weekend if you want to arrange something?

Let me know

Best Wishes
Margaret

hani 1976

Hi there Sinta9

Articles to help you in your expat project in Dubai

• Accommodation in Dubai
    Accommodation in Dubai

One of the first things you will need to settle when relocating to Dubai is accommodation. If you are relocating ...

• Finding a job in Dubai
    Finding a job in Dubai

Home to 9 million expats, the UAE is a very popular relocation destination. If you are employed by a company in ...

• Study in Dubai
    Study in Dubai

Are you looking forward to studying in the United Arab Emirates? Dubai is a perfect choice, and the article below ...

• Buying property in Dubai
    Buying property in Dubai

Dubai is like a drug; from the minute you step into the city as a tourist, the love affair starts. Within a short ...

• Relocating to the UAE
    Relocating to the UAE

Relocating to another country, especially to somewhere like the UAE, involves a lot of preparation. However, with ...

• Discover Dubai
    Discover Dubai

The UAE is a country with over 9 million expats — and this alone says a lot. Dubai is the country's most ...

• The work culture in Dubai
    The work culture in Dubai

Dubai has become a second home for many nationalities from around the globe, which makes the work environment even ...

• Customs in Dubai
    Customs in Dubai

If you are relocating to Dubai, you might be bringing some items in your luggage in addition to what you're ...

All of Dubai's guide articles