Is it safe to visit serbia???

hi i am from india migrated to australia 7 years ago. I willbe coming to serbia for holidays for couple of days.

The most intersting thing i have found about serbia is that Serbian and Sanskrit (india's old language) are pretty much identical. Many words and style of language is same. AMAZING !!

Could anyone please advise on this.

Thanks

Here's a link. Stick to what is explained there and you should be alright. Cheers.
http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/ … ice/Serbia

Hey, I'm Serbian, living in Serbia (Belgrade).

Although most people here are "white", you will definitely look like a stranger/tourist here, but trust me, you won't have troubles just because of that. There is a lot of open-minded and easy going people that really don't discriminate people by their color, which is really stupid, in my opinion. Personally, I judge people by their behaviour and character, not by their physical looking.

This country is really safe, I'm female and I live 2 years in Belgrade, and I never had any troubles. Serbian people are very welcoming and friendly so I'm sure you can meet a lot of nice people!

Best regards.

Hi! Hopefully I can provide my own experiences.  I am not Indian, but I am half Thai.  This mix of half thai, half white makes me look very Indian because of my olive skin and dark hair.  I have been traveling to Serbia almost every other year since 1996.  I have NEVER had issues with racism in Serbia. Everyone treats me with respect and curiosity if anything when it comes to my background.  Enjoy yourself, and if you run into anyone with a closed mind, do not give them your time.  They aren't worth the effort!

Thanks everyone for your beautiful advise !

XX :)

No worries. My opinion is that Serbia is among safer places in that respect. In case you face any trouble, which I doubt, just make it loud - meaning let passers by realize that you have a problem. Then they will involve and sort it out. This needs an explanation: It comes from the way we were raised, specially before so called "globalization". One example - we had centuries of Turkish occupation, but when Turkish ambassador got killed by two Armenians in Belgrade, unarmed civilians on the streets tried to catch them, and two of them got killed (civilians). So we have developed sense of justice more then sense of belonging to the "whites". That`s why we were supporting Vietnam against USA, or all fights for independence in Africa and elsewhere against "white" domination. Sure by adopting western values we are less and less like that, but still you can count on ordinary people help.
Interesting point about similarity to Sanskrit, it`s worth to search it. I think I read that remark somewhere before.

безбедност у србији је велика, и нема потребе за били каквим страхом. За разлику од многих дриугих земаља у Србији је све природно и нема лоше хране и воде.-

@ miodrag > Can you please post in english on this english speaking forum, it will help all the members to understand and be able to participate. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

No problem my dear net friend. In Serbia is nice place and every to be very safe, nice people