Menu
Expat.com

Banking Software Professional job offer - Please Advise

Last activity 25 April 2014 by TheLegendLeads

sridhar12

Hi All,

I got an offer in Saudi Bank as a Software Professional .They offered 13000 SAR per month + 4 months bonus .
No accommodation provided by them
Is that sufficient ,considering accommodation and living expenses . How much one can save per month ?

Sorry to repeat this question
What is the average salary for Software professionals in Riyadh ? because i am confused as i am already working in Germany and if i decided to move to Gulf , then its difficult to come back to Germany again .

Looking for your valuable suggestions . Thanks

TheLegendLeads

Software Professional is such a subjective title. So, the range is diverse 5K-35K in my view. More info about roles and responsibility can help us advise better.

Is 13K the basic salary or allowances included?

sridhar12

Thanks for your response .

Role is Technical Application Support (L3 Developer) .
Package which they mentioned 13K includes basic salary + allowances .

TheLegendLeads

If 13K is the monthly cash package, the basic should be ~10K (30% of the package is allowance bundle roughly speaking). That's what is usually paid as year bonus multiples. Do have a look at 4 months bonus statement. Are the bonuses fixed or performance based? Does it say like: 4 months bonuses in maximum?

These were just a few things to understand.

If you plan to live with your family, it's an average package that can't be called good enough to lay aside any special savings.

sridhar12

Hi ,

I went back to them and clarified these things .
13k+ 4 months bonus = 17333 is actual salary per month .
Accommodation is not included , Health insurance covered by company and performance bonus is separate depends on the ratings . 

Quote:
If you plan to live with your family, it's an average package that can't be called good enough to lay aside any special savings.

Unquote:
Could you please tell me what is average expenses per months for 2 person (only me and partner)

vkrmbhtngr

Hi Sreedhar,
If you aren't a lavish style couple, you could get by in terms of accommodation, food and occasional purchases in about 5 to 6 grand. Then comes a bit of sight seeing, trips abroad etc. you could save like 4 to 5 grand.

Trapezius

For 2 people:

Housing: 2k
Food: 2k
Other: 2k

TheLegendLeads
sridhar12 wrote:

Hi ,

I went back to them and clarified these things .
13k+ 4 months bonus = 17333 is actual salary per month .

So, 13000 is your basic salary. 4 basic salaries in a year i.e., 13000*4=52000 divided into 12 months = 4,333.33 is the Housing Allowance per Saudi Labor law.

17.3K is a good package to live comfortably and save a good portion.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

• Starting a business in Saudi Arabia
    Starting a business in Saudi Arabia

With Saudi businesses increasing by 16 percent in the final quarter of 2023 and a 23% increase in commercial ...

• Working in Saudi Arabia
    Working in Saudi Arabia

Finding a job in Saudi Arabia is mostly done before entering the country. Employment visas are still the most ...

• Working in Jubail
    Working in Jubail

Jubail is a city in the eastern province of Saudi Arabia, and it has a population of around 500,000 people. It is ...

• Working in Riyadh
    Working in Riyadh

As the capital city of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh is one of the biggest urban communities in the country and is home to ...

• Working in Dammam
    Working in Dammam

Dammam, the Eastern province's capital city, is a very dynamic city in Saudi Arabia, almost as much as Khobar. ...

• Working in Jeddah
    Working in Jeddah

Jeddah is the most diverse city in Saudi Arabia. It is home to 3,75 million people and to the largest ...

• Working in Yanbu
    Working in Yanbu

Yanbu, which is found near the Red Sea, is deemed to be a port and industrial city. Situated on the ancient ...

• Internships in Saudi Arabia
    Internships in Saudi Arabia

Performing an internship in Saudi Arabia can be an interesting and enriching experience for young professionals. ...

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles