Relocating to KL, help please

Hi,  we will be relocating to KL in August and I was wondering if someone can let me know a nice place to live, that has security and nice apartment, not so much concer about the price as the company will pay it and the budget is high.
Also we have 2 kids and one will be going to school, they told us we could choose the school, does any one know wich one is the best.
Any othere advice would be great as is the first time we will be moving to Asia, we are currenty living in Turks and Caicos.

Thanks for all your help

Teresa

If budget is high, expats usually choose Mont Kiara.

There are also a couple of good, high-end International schools there
- Mont Kiara International School: mkis.edu.my,
- Garden International School: gardenschool.edu.my

Which part of KL will you be working? With traffic jams here, you probably want to spend less time an the road.

There are other good international schools here in other locations such as Alice Smith International School, Fairview, and the Australian International School.

Most of the other so-called "international schools" here are of lower standard, but that's only my personal perception. There is a good Indian one too in Brickfields though.

Good localities here are usually Bangsar, Damansara and Ampang.

Most good apartment complexes will have good security. You can also look for gated housing areas.

Thomas

Hi! if you like your kids to have more spacious living, try Country Heights Kajang, there are also quite a number of international schools such as Australia International School, Nexus International School, and Tanarata International School. There is a big community of expatriate living in Country Heights Kajang right now.

Hello Teresa,
Did you have a look in Kuala Lumpur Classifieds - > Accomodation section?
Cheers
Arlette

Hi Sir, if you would like to bring some personal effects items and need to do a customs clearance and also unpacking at your final destination, please feel free to contact myself so I will arrange it and give the best rate for that particular job.

Dear mtpourteau,

My answer.... First Choice definitely MONT KIARA area. There is a ready international school there and plenty of condominiums and high end bungalows and houses to choose.

As for taxis, there is a NGV gas station where most taxis fill up there ... hence no problems in calling a cab.

Other means of public transport .... a drawback in this area.

Entertainment.... plenty .... restaurants .... plenty  ..... getting in and out .... easy ... many links to go around ....

2nd Choice .... Bangsar ... Advantage nearby LIGHT RAIL TRANSIT (LRT) stations ...

3rd Choice .... KL Sentral .... The transporation hub ... plus lots of commercial and residential building ... coroprate & government .... but a bit quiet ... not so happening for nightlife ... got to get out from this place at night ...

4th Choice .... Desa Park City ... Nice housing development - gated and guarded ... believed by the chinese to be of good feng shui area ... wealth to multiply here ... but i still don't think forbes billionaires live there .... ha ha...

5th Choice ... KLCC & Pavillion .... Everything there ....plus the irritating traffic jam .... good city life .... but personally felt that it should be left as a business district strictly....

So, if you do require assistance on the getting accommodation, do contact me personally with some of your criterias....

You may reach me though email. I might be able to assist you (if the timing is right).

Regards,
jd.habib@yahoo.com

Hello mtpourteau

I used to live in Kuala Lumpur and rented a 1-bedroom service apartment in Somerset Seri Bukit Ceylon Kuala Lumpur. Of course, it has 2/3-bedroom apartments suitable for family as well and provides facilities like a gym, swimming pool and even a coin-operated laundry (all on the same floor).

The building is in Changkat Bukit Bintang and has an Italian restaurant and sandwich shop (owned by the same chef) on the ground floor. Just 2mins away is a stretch of cafes/bars/pubs/restaurants that I used to frequent for my afternoon beer or a simple lunch. Located smack in the city, you can walk to the nearest mall and do your grocery shopping. The LRT is also just a short distance.

Below is the link of the place, I hope this helps! somerset.com/malaysia/kuala_lumpur/somerset_seri_bukit_ceylon

Hi,
We are relocating to KL early next year. Have been looking at Country Heights in Kajang. Glad to hear there are lots of expats there. I checked out the Australian International school while on holiday early this year; what an amazing school! Although could get very expensive with as I have 3 kid..
What about having dogs at Country heights? We are bringing over our two beloved poodles. I thought it would be ok there as the land is quite spacious.

I strongly recommend to come here first stay short term apartments and feel the country then it would be an easy to make decision to what to do and where to stay.
Making decision and make a commitment advice of the people here might be helpful only.