Is KITAP holder allowed to work? Thank you for your time

@vk4aad...Hi there, thank you for the message and I am really appreciate you.

I go to a agency get advice and use them to apply a spouse visa maybe better  but ask advise from agency is best good luck

-@vk4aad

Expensive and mostly pointless.

if you are legally married AND meet all the other requirements, you can get a visa yoursef

@Fred  What resources did you need to get the KITAP on your own? My visa sponsor wants 25 million

My ? too. I need to get the visa for working in Indonesia for 2 years.  Without paying the 17-25 million my visa agency wwnts. How can I do this myself? TIA

@Darcyya they pocket most of that then you need them to renew your next one (price goes up). Go to immigration website and get the latest info on the process and do it. Its in English or Bahasa.

If you do the Kitap on your own it only costs around Rp6 - 7 million, sorry I cannot remember the exact cost). If you are already married to an Indonesian wife then just do the application yourself. Go to the immigration office and ask them the requirements and then get all the required documentation and make the application yourself.

It seems.noone has tried to answer your question

Working with KITAP you have 2 options:

Get employment from a company; this will STILL require them to process a work permit for you (IMTA). OR work as a 'sole entrepreneur '..which I can only guess means self employed..but what job you can do I do not actually know under this rule.

For example, can you be a sole-entrepreeur as a driver? Villa manager? Not sure. I don't think anyone is. It is stated as a KITAP holder (if spo sorted from spouse) you ARE allowed to work to support your family...nothing is perfectly clear by the way.

And if processing it yourself, it costs around 5jt or 10jt if it's your 2nd KITAP which becomes 'permanent' and then only have to report to imigrasi every 5 years .