Menu
Expat.com

Best place to meet *young* expats

Last activity 01 April 2011 by shickooo

T-DOG

Me and my partner are finding it difficult to meet other expats who are within our age range (20-28). It seems most of the people we come across here are either past mid 30s or are married with kids.

Where is the best place to meet expats around our age group?

roro911

@T-DOG

Actually there are no such fixed places where you would find expats of age range (20-28).......At first try to make friends around where you stay.......then it would be easy for you !

saltsandsurf

Go to Diva's.  That's your best bet.

~j

GuestPoster12020

There is no specific places for that matter, try to identify them through the Internet Aoualemqahi but Beware of bad friends:)

mimi09

hey...me and my partner are in dat age range and we have the same problem....

GuestPoster12020

me also in same date range m not married also what say heheheh

care for me
Freaky faisal wrote:

me also in same date range m not married also what say heheheh

ooooh Freaky Faisal,  you are not married right?!?!

hehehehe.

L..r 

Ciao...

eazyyass

well...i am in that range and if you actually have a lot of friends who are commenting here,we should organise a get together ourselves....what say??

All in favour say I...

care for me
eazyyass wrote:

well...i am in that range and if you actually have a lot of friends who are commenting here,we should organise a get together ourselves....what say??

All in favour say I...

yaaah it sounds good bro!   smile.png

can i join ya?!  i am around 30 not yet 30 but ..  sad.png  next March i am 30.. sad.png

Ciao...

cdedbdii

@ T-Dog / eazyass

I know its pretty frustrating trying to meet ppl here... The vast majority of ppl Ive met have been coworkers, though Im trying to step out of that, as it gets a little stagnant... If you look on another thread, there are some ppl (myself included smile.png) planning on meeting for dinner at Meis Al Ghanim next weekend... I have no idea what their ages are, and I've never actually met any of them, but you should meet some cool ppl... well, atleast one cool person, as I'm going smile.png

On a side note.. and this may seem weird, because I don't know any of you, but whatever, I feel like meeting new ppl...
...I'm usually at starbucks at the avenues on friday mornings (the one thats outdoors, near the food court and caribou coffee) to try and get some planning done (I'm a teacher) and just relax... I'll be the white girl surrounded by books looking frazzeled if you care to join...

libano

There's a place near 'Al-Bida' round about (I don't know if I spelled it right:P). Its got many restaurants and cafes(chocolate bar, starbucks, etc. And i've seen so many people from all ages. I really liked this place cuz it was so fun I got to meet a sweeeet guy (he's 24). So I think you would find people there from that age.
Hope I helped smile.png

Emz83

Im around that age range too and new to Kuwait so let me know if anything happens as I am trying to meet new people too

abbas30

Just try visiting to kuwait city aljahra street Malia area on Friday Thousands of ppls crowded there.they are mixed up of natinals. I saw this many times during driving but could not know how to choose the friends from them by age and status wise.  it has to do with own intelligence...

care for me

roll.png

kapayaan!   mapooti    hahahahaa

Ciao..

legacy

well, if you and your partner are sports acitivists, i might suggest rugby; q8scorpions.com

you get an active social life, and also get fit in the process!

malenn

i am 33 and single..whats the problem with the age..as long as you enjoy the group activity..hang out...

GuestPoster12020

lets c who wants to meet me

ace117

wierd

legacy

now that i think about it, this couple sounds kinda ominous, looking for a certain age group... organ harvesters i reckon tongue.png

beware!

seaworld

hi  guys  im 40  i search  good friends

OmR

Well....why not every one on this page have a get together.
Hope that solves.

shickooo

let us meet guys smile.png

Articles to help you in your expat project in Kuwait

• Leisure activities in Kuwait
    Leisure activities in Kuwait

People might assume there isn't much to do in Kuwait as the country is so small, but that would be wrong! The ...

• Banking and finances in Kuwait
    Banking and finances in Kuwait

Soon after arriving in Kuwait, you will likely want to open a Kuwaiti bank account. Opening a bank account can be ...

• How to drive in Kuwait
    How to drive in Kuwait

If you are planning to move to Kuwait, obtaining a driver's license should be at the top of your to-do list! While ...

• Find the best location to live in Kuwait
    Find the best location to live in Kuwait

It is important for us to live in a community that we feel comfortable and secured. I wrote this article for ...

• Phones and internet in Kuwait
    Phones and internet in Kuwait

Staying in touch with friends and family both inside and outside of Kuwait couldn't be easier with today's ...

• Accommodation in Kuwait
    Accommodation in Kuwait

One of the first things you will need to take care of when moving to Kuwait is your accommodation. If you're ...

• The tax system in Kuwait
    The tax system in Kuwait

One of the most attractive features of working in Kuwait for expats is its tax-free personal income environment. ...

• Finding jobs in Kuwait
    Finding jobs in Kuwait

I would like to give you some tips on how to market your skills to stand out from the crowd. I've ...

All of Kuwait's guide articles