Menu
Expat.com

Saudi under red alert

Last activity 12 May 2015 by Full Monty

shabbatage

Hi everyone

Just wondering how everyone feels about the current situation in Saudi with what's going on in Yemen.   Not looking to start a political debate on any rights and wrongs so please keep such opinions out of this thread.

how safe does everyone feel?

JasfurJQ

hmmp scared!! I just read read on FB that there will be a terrorist attack in Riyadh in crowded area like malls. We expat, our passports has been handed over to us for possible commotions. All we need now is pray and In sha Allah let hatred  and fear be soon gone....... gloria.png

Full Monty

I'm more worried about crossing the road  yikes.png

karen carpenter

My advice don't worry Saudi is probably safer than most countries in the world
And even with the war on Yemen. Your no more in danger

Randy11

Karen,

I really appreciate your input. Thanks again. Where are you located in Saudi? Just curious. Hopefully I can stay in the Dharan area. How long have you been there etc....

karen carpenter

Hi I live in Dammam and I've been here 25 years so you can ask me about most things

annecollins

I live in Jeddah, on the Red Sea.  We don't feel threatened by the situation you mention, which is far away.  I remember a couple of decades ago, the eastern coast was invaded by a hostile.  Everybody in the east came to Jeddah, as far west as they could get without leaving the country and going on to Africa.  There was no threat to Jeddah, but schools were closed for a time, and many of us took our kids Home for a few months, until things settled down.

karen carpenter

What are you saying .the east coast was never invaded ..you mean the time of the gulf war right?

Ehtesham

i remember that invasion, bring back memories of childhood. CNN all day, also relatives came from Riyadh to Jeddah and went back when it was over.

karen carpenter

But people Saudi was not invaded just under threat

live.ali

There was perhaps an exchange of fire as far as Khafji but as Karen mentioned. Eastern part was never invaded. Eastern region is the most important region for Saudi economy and guarded heavily.

h17mmemini

Well said Full Monty

Full Monty
h17mmemini wrote:

Well said Full Monty

Thanks h17mmememmimminini  proud.gif

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles