I am looking for a job in Amman

i am a very cute lady very diplomatic and very active looking for a job in Ammas as VIP customer care or hospitality position in a hotel or sales corporate Manager. i have 10 years experience in different fields with international Teams.Please who may be interested  or knows some one who may be interested can send me a message on my e-mail carel19@hotmail.com thank you in advance

Hi sweety123!

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I have moved the topic on the Amman forum. I hope other members will be able to help you.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Try these sites to find a Job..
akhtaboot.com
bayt.com

Hi Christine, if you're looking for hospitality jobs Deyafah is the right link for you. They are hiring! They're looking for people to fill variety of service positions. If you're interested send your cv at deyafah.com

Good luck to us :):):)

If u are cute and smart ,u will find a Job in no time ..

Well sweet heart I first want to sincerely wish you good luck with this endeavor.

Hotel jobs in Jordan in general require these things:

1. Tasreeh al 3aml--or Work Permit which costs from JD250-350

2. Many times and most of the time they require for Hotel management positions previous experience working in a Major Hotel or the same hotel, in order to consider you.

3. If you are just looking for an hourly position like Guest Relations ect... you need either to be
and OR YOU MUST :

4. Have a daftar al Aa'ilah( A Blue Book that acts just as important as a passport--given to you and your Jordanian husband when you get married(be married to a Jordanian and have legal Jordanian Residience) and or B. A Jordanian Passport.

5. Iqaama (that is when you have your passport stamped by the police saying that you have a visa to stay in Jordan ( you will get one for an automatic three months when you enter Jordan's boarders.  You can get a Jordanian Residency Card I believe only when you get married to a Jordanian -If I'm not mistaken.

So you're best bet is to come here, send out C.V's, by physically going up to H.R or by doing them online.

6. Unfortunately most of the management positions are held as first priority to Jordanians  or Jordanian Passport holders.

7.International company's might hire you but again, you have to prove to them that you have a Work Permit.

8. WE are in HUGE competition in Jordan when it comes to cuteness. There are sooo many Jordanian and Palestinian girls that are in Jordan that look and dress like Models, and they are sooo pretty. We foreigners have our own charm, but unfortunately, (speaking from experience) Charm isn't always enough to get you into a job. Unfortunately, because you have Jordanians who are not only really cute and hot, ect but they are also many times comming on behalf of a major high-ranking goverment official--like  the Prime Minister, or a Prince, or a Parliment Member, ect, from a very well known family. In Jordan it's not about what you know! It's about WHO you know.

Foreign expat positions are there but again they require the expat to have prior experience in the same Hotel or Company.

Also you need to know that there are many opportunities for foreigners in the Tourism companies. They don't pay more then JDs 500/month--and you are basically required to work there for a period of three months unofficially(no health benefits), but with out an official status. And you will be required to sign a contract that states at anytime--they can fire you without notice and without reason. (It's called a Trial Period and this is enforced by the Ministry of Labour). They also are not required to hire based on equal opportunity(they can discriminate against you because of your race, color, and religion -and not be held accountable for that (This is for private businesses) Jordanian Government Jobs are only for Jordanians even in order to be a diplomat-you have to be from a Jordanian tribe with Jordanian grand - parents.

Some places to try might be the UN, UNRWA, USAID. But those are very very highly competitive jobs and also require you to have a loop hole or someone who knows somebody (Wasta) Because most of their human resources are Jordanians. The same goes for the U.S Embassy.

So Good Luck!! Hope I didn't discourage you...but give it a try!

(p.s.-- I have lived in Jordan for the past 5 years, and I am educated, and am NOW back in the states just to earn some money and then I'll Go back in January to my Jordanian Husband).

Also you have to know that 30% of All Jordanians are unemployed. So the job market is very very very competitive. And I have been doing both the Akhtaboot and bayt.com thing and like I said, it's very very difficult to get your foot in the door even with a " Wasta " or Hook up......so good luck!

Wow FouadsBaby ,Even I agree with everything u said ,
I would say women have better chance to get a Job than Men
in Jordan ,Trust me I seen women in Jordan withno Degree
with nothing have Good Jobs because they were Cute.
Must be bad luck for u FouadsBaby,u were not able to get a job.

But May I ask FouadsBaby,if u left Jordan to earn some money,
why wouldn't u take ur husband with u?I am sure not matter
how bad it is USA it is better than Jordan..

Chris

I actually had jobs at Tourism Companies... (3 different ones in the past year) But they have usually a high turn over rate and it is very hard to become an official employee at those companies, there is stiff stiff competition with Russians, Romanians, and French and Germans at those companies ( and just so you know, most of them were not attractive, frumpy and overweight--who wear the same clothes everyday--the tourism business is not a beauty competition. BUT at Royal Jordanian it is just that and a wasta competition. United Airlines got sued with a multi million dollar lawsuit for age discrimination for their flight attendents. My husband is 8 years younger than I, and he didn't marry me because I'm rich( definitely NOT that -haha--and not for citizenship either--I had him convinced that I'm not going back to the states --way looong before we got married--so there you go! I'm totally confident and attractive but not cocky about it because there are always better people out there! I am also multi-lingual and a marketing exec. and most people don't believe I'm an American and think I'm from the Gulf because of my Arabic accent. But that is not enough at those companies. And any mistakes you make in your bookings, can cost you a fourth to a third of your pay check. So they are not the most lucrative choices, but there are not many other options, just to keep trying and trying.

My husband and I are awaiting to do his paperwork (the 1-130 costs $355) So When I get that I will do it for him right away , and we will need anywhere from 6 months to a year for the American Consular section to grant him an Immigration Visa. So That is definitely a main priority.

I have actually two job interviews today, and one with the Banana Republic tomorrow...-they are hiring like crazy right now. Jobs are like busting open now in the states all over because mainly due to seasonal hiring. There are a lot  more opportunities here in the states.

I'm also planning on perhaps going back to the Military most likely the U.S Navy this time... job security is a must in life. The only other options he has is going back to the Jordanian Special Forces and I don't want that...because that would mean we couldn't come back to the States ( HE Couldn't) until after retirement.

My husband is my everything, and I have never been given a better gift from God then  him.....I am willing to do whatever it takes to get us secure and stable.

sweety123 I would say come and see in real life Jobs and Live in Jordan...Good Luck..
FouadsBaby I wish u good luck with your Job interviews and best life for u and Foud,he is a Good man ..

Thanks for that Kalamir!

Dear ,,,,
we FWI international company at amman ... looking for sales and marketing manager for VIP accounts ...

wish u a good luck
regards

Hello fadiagri,

Please post your message on the job section of Amman classifieds page!

Thanks

Thank you Dear ,,,,
ill do
regards

Hi all, I think they are recruiting now in Amman. You can read the waseet weekly... it is very useful for job vacancies..