Menu
Expat.com

Is there any way to find accomodation without agencies?

Last activity 18 November 2010 by Aisylu

Aisylu

Dear friends,Is there any way to find accomodation without agencies? I have been searching everywhere, all of them seem to work with agencies. Thank you!

Christine

Hi Aisylu, smile.png Did you try the "accommodation in Barcelona classifieds" ?

I wish good luck.
Christine

dox

There are several websites on which individual persons (and agencies, indicated as such) can advertise the places they have for rent or for sale.
habitaclia.com/
idealista.com/
fotocasa.es/
yaencontre.com/
ivive.com/

JPope

I don't know about the others, but on both idealista and fotocasa, you can specify to see only ads from private people.

You could also try Craigs List, but it is not overly active in Barcelona, and there is always ebay.es - there are quite a lot of property rental adverts on there.

diddly6969

Just be careful, when I was looking for rentals, there would appear to be a fantastic flat at a really cheap rental price with everything included.  I sent off an email requesting information, I would receive an email back giving details, then I would receive another email saying that they are sorry but they only have 1 set of keys and have had to move away from spain and the only way you can have the flat is if you send the months rent and you will receive the keys at the same time.  It is a total con so watch out for it.
Happy hunting.

Aisylu

Thank you very much, everyone for your attention and advices. You really make lives easier!)))

Articles to help you in your expat project in Barcelona

• Accommodation in Barcelona
    Accommodation in Barcelona

Barcelona sits on the coast of north-eastern Spain, the capital and largest city in the autonomous community of ...

• Barcelona's neighborhoods
    Barcelona's neighborhoods

Choosing the right neighborhood is an important step before moving to any new city. If you're planning to live ...

• Buying property in Barcelona
    Buying property in Barcelona

Barcelona, the vibrant capital of Catalonia, has long been a magnet for expatriates seeking the perfect blend of ...

• Rental options in Barcelona
    Rental options in Barcelona

When making your big move to Barcelona, one of the most important decisions is where you will call home. Finding a ...

• Accommodation in Spain
    Accommodation in Spain

From picturesque coastal towns to bustling city centers, Spain offers a wide array of options for anyone hoping to ...

• Study in Barcelona
    Study in Barcelona

Barcelona is Catalonia's cosmopolitan capital and an ideal place for university education. The city has a ...

• Working in Barcelona
    Working in Barcelona

Are you an expat looking for work in Barcelona? Spain's second-largest city is Catalonia's ...

• Student life in Barcelona
    Student life in Barcelona

Barcelona attracts thousands of international students to its universities and colleges. In addition to receiving ...

All of Barcelona's guide articles