Menu
Expat.com

Home educating in Luanda, meeting up with other parents and children

Last activity 12 February 2016 by CobusKriek

mrscardoso

Hi,i am wondering if anyone has had any joy with home educating in Luanda, or meeting up with other parents and children for activities or play dates. My children are 7 and 7 months, and we are not a part of any communities as yet. We will be arriving in Luanda at the end on this month and I am hoping to meet other families with smaller children in the capital. Plus see if we can pick up a Portuguese tutor for my eldest, as she can speak Portuguese but still needs to master writing and reading it.
Any tips/ advise would be happily received. Thanks!
Sabrina

mrscardoso

Hello,
I am mother of a wonderful 7 year old and 7 month old. Moving to Luanda, Angola at the end of February. We are a home educating family currently living in London, UK.
I joined the group to see if there are any other families, living in the city that would like to meet up for play dates or activity get togethers. Also any advise on places to go in the city with the kids and activities and things to do. We are keen to find a music group. Our eldest has been in activities here like rock climbing, forest school, museum visits and science groups. But I realise finding similar activities in Luanda might be an arduous task. So any experience and advise on what's good is most welcomed.
Thanks!

Bhavna

Hello Sabrina,

Welcome on board  smile.png

A new thread has been created from your post on the Luanda forum so that you may easily get some feedbacks. One of the threads on which you posted is from 2013, hope you get some tips on the new one.

As far as the Portuguese tutor is concerned, it will be better to drop an advert in the Language classes in Luanda section of the website so as to get some offers.

Maybe a few hints here : Children in Luanda

All the very best
Bhavna

CobusKriek

If anyone can assist with an Angolan Police for a fee clearance please let me know

Thank you

Cobus Kriek

Calgary Canada

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please share personal contact infos only in private.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Luanda

• About Angola
    About Angola

Angola is in Southern Africa and borders the South Atlantic Ocean on its west side. The landscape of Angola is ...

All of Luanda's guide articles