Menu
Expat.com

Essentials to live in Sweden

Last activity 23 February 2016 by appa1971

Christine

Hi,

As an expat living in Sweden, what would you advise the ones about to pack to bring along?

What are the items you can easily find in Sweden? On the other hand, what is less common or quite expensive?

Share with us what you would recommend to bring in ones suitcase or container when moving to Sweden.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

Wally-E Black Elvis

Well winter gloves and winter hats socks are easy and cheap to find in sweden
I recommand to pack along winter jacket and sport clothes

Maryshaa

Nothing. if you cannot get something here you can use Amazon wink.png I moved in from Poland and had no difficulties in buying what I needed. Food is more expensive but clothes, IKEA things are almost the same prices as in Poland... which is quite scary when you compare Polish average salary to Swedish...
The only thing is hard to find here are friends...so pack group of best friends with you!

Hoobatrine

I agree with Maryshaa, although the cost of postage can be quite high, for example I was looking at buying an item which would have been the size of 3 very small pencils for drawing, the seller tried to charge me £26 for shipping, the item was only £2.50 yikes.png  so be careful if you go that route.
Friends are also hard to make here, and honestly most guys I have talked with only looking for a quick one nighter which they are soon to learn I don't give out! 
Good luck with your move.

appa1971

i really want to meet you at sweden i like t come there

Articles to help you in your expat project in Sweden

All of Sweden's guide articles