Car accident

I met with an accident last month. what is the procedure for the insurance details? How they decide the repair of  the car or how long will it take for the insuraance company to complete this?

what did police say after reporting the accident? who is the wrong one? and what is the type of your insurance? is it 3rd party?

Police say the mistake is with me. And my insurance is comprehensive type.

okay..dont worry my friend...
i will tell you what i know and what i have experienced...the first thing you have to do is to take the accident report (the pink copy i guess) to your insurance company...they will tell you to pay 70 OR at least i guess (it depened on your company and its written in your insurance documents all the prices)..

this 70 OR is for contribuation...so if both of you (you and other one who u made accident with)if both of your car damages need to be fixed with less than 70 OR..its better that you go to mechanics and fix your cars there and you pay less than 70 OR...

you can do that in one week i guess from your accident report date...again look at what comopany said in your insurance documents (the one you signed when u choose your insurance company)...

if you still have doubt that you are not the one who did the mistake...you can ask another policeman to re-view the accident...but they are rarely going to change it. :(

thats what i know...and sorry if i didnt give you what you need...

selvap wrote:

I met with an accident last month. what is the procedure for the insurance details? How they decide the repair of  the car or how long will it take for the insuraance company to complete this?

some insurance company can issue a repair but you have to have the necessary documents for the issuance. they can go any auto repair shops not necessarily the insurance company can provide that.

I too had an accident once. Let me share my first-hand experience :
A vehicle in front of me took a U-turn (with the indicator on), in a 'No U-Turn' road (opposite to Bareeq Al Shatti). I went and banged his 4x4 in the side. There was no damage to his vehicle, but my left front side had a sizeable dent. The 4x4 owner claimed that he had indicated, so it is not his fault. He refused to take the blame. There was a dispute. The insurance company passed the dispute to the higher-ups. They reviewed the case, with drawings etc. And finally, they very plainly told the 4x4 owner that he had tried to take a U-turn in a road where it is not allowed. They awarded the case in my favour and made the 4x4 owner pay up - in full. (Mind you, I'm an expatriate and the 4x4 owner was a local). I paid absolutely nothing and my car was fixed for free. The only hassle that I faced was the few trips that I had to make to the insurance company and to wait for a few days for my car to be repaired, in the insurance company's garage.

Hey all,

Just refer to my post titled "Accidents.." for few tips.

Hope it will be an added point to discuss

Regards

Anooj