Menu
Expat.com

Restaurants in Khobar

Last activity 28 June 2013 by MustafaGoldsmith

RockyBalboa

at corniche ,,,in the same block as tamimi market

deadlymad

You may even hang out to Chilli as well. They are offering TGIF style menu. People who like TGIF will definitely like it as well. Steaks, sandwiches, pastas everything i hv tried, and found great.

Staff: Friendly
Service: Excellant
Price Average: 60 - 80

twaone

They Patis France by Tamimi on the Corniche is closed...did they move?

rehanfisher

The only thing I get my hands on in khobar is fast food. big_smile.png
And lo! I saw the post of TGIF. Seriously. i did buy a drink out there and i saw a stupid fly in it.
thats the last time i went out there. sad.png (except those days when i had gone there fr Bday treats and with frnds. tongue.png )

twaone

The Surf & Turf is awesome. Been there 3 times. Very eclectic menu that will cover everyone. Very clean and super polite & knowledgable staff. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Cynthia e

Hi, the best Italian restaurant I have gone to twice is La Caravalho, the food is great.  The pasta cooked perfectly, and the tomato sauce tastes like real Italian.  Worth the money for sure.  From 50 per head depending on what you order.  Sorry, not quite sure where it is, being a woman and can't drive, I don't recall exactly, I think it is in Dharan on way to khobar.

twaone

Had a nice lazy lunch at Tuscano by Saad Medical Center last week. It was very good with excellent service. The antipasto selection was very good and the pasta dishes were tasty.

Also finally got into have a meal at The Perk. Super find. Thanks Red Goblin! The gnocchi were light as a feather and the Rocket salad was dressed just right. Best of all, some of the best prices in Khobar.

RedGoblin

@twaone: sorry mate, I had promised to take you there.. but ended up u going alone! ... But Then I hope it was worth it!I liked the food there myself.Go there enought hat the manager knows me.. big_smile.png

Stimstar37

Where is the best place to get " Shedguff "  I hope I spelled that right.  Its the large cup of fruit/yourgurt/nuts drink that you can get in the mornings.  I have had some really good ones and some really bad ones.  Same with Swarma's as for indian restaruants and "hole in the walls"  My indian co-workers have taken me down some darkened allies and from appearances, i was like no way but to eat the food was amazing.  I guess it goes anywhwere, let the locals lead yeah to the good grub.

Goblin posted some items on the Steakhouse, I have been there a couple times but would not make a special trip just to eat there.  The staff were great but I come from western canada where beef is king and well lets just say, for the price I pay here, I can wait till I get home.

Any info on the Shedguff would be great

Cheers

twaone

Agree with you on the Steakhouse!

meme

Previ Italian Restaurant in khobar... awesome place smile.png)

RedGoblin

@mem: so where is this place? pervi.. never heard of that one before.

meme

RedGoblin.. previ restaurant in cornich near costa cafe and asfhani restaurant.. small place but nice
and there is anther Italian restaurant in same place name is Ciro's Pomodoro..

RedGoblin

Right! thanks, will check it out sometime! big_smile.png

RockyBalboa

there are 2 Patis France on corniche. 1 of them is closed. the one that's open is right beside tamimi on the 1st floor... you will see a small tawanuyia insurance office at the ground floor. take the elevator near it for Patis france.
Separately, where exactly is Surf n Turf and The Perk? detailed directions would be appreciated smile.png

RedGoblin

Surf n turf : 

The Perk

Its ont he King fahd road.. on 25 or 26th cross North Khobar.

twaone

The Perk is a real gem of a place., King Fahd and 25th. Reasonable prices and very good food...just wish there was some Chianti to go with the pasta!

RockyBalboa

thanks a lot guys smile.png

hamlay

How about Thai food? Any thai restaurants in Khobar?

Also any places to get some good Dim Sum?

Thanks.

PS I'm new. Hello to everyone big_smile.png

charmedhart

Hi guys, im new here and i want to try nice restaurants in khobar - dammam area with reasonable price w/ a nice ambiance. so far i have only tried chillis dharran 2X & corniche 2X, tony romas in dharran & corniche, TFIF 2X, Applebees, Baba Habbas corniche, Sizzler House Dharran 2X, Romanos Grill Dharran, Pizza Company dharran 2X& other fastfood chains.

Any recommendations for a birthday celebration where women can be free of abaya and eat comfortably?

TnX smile.png

RedGoblin

A really decent Pakistani/North Indian food fare: The gourmet restaurant. unlike what the name suggests though there is nothign gourmet about their dishes.. just some good food though that is for sure. The locale is mediocre if at all. But soem of their fare is good..

Price per head around 35 lets say? smile.png

djkirsh

Meridian has a sushi all you can eat ( heard that from a friend, need to check it out)
Carleton hotel has a great Arab food buffet for lunch and dinner ( they also have a fish and sushi night, highly recommended)
There's this tiny place called fawar on king fahad about 4 streets up from pepsi street, they have THE BEST shawarmas in town. Get the jumbo with cheese 6-10 SAR
Gondola is always good when I go their lasagna is great but it's a small portion
I've heard a lot of good stuff about surf and turF but it's a bit pRicey

axa0910

Relating to Meridian Sushi... I tried that.

I have tried couple places that serves Sushi like Fushi, Sheraton and couple others... Merdian by far has the best.As good as real Japanese Sushi.

It cost around 250 SAR for the open Sushi buffet and drink but worth every penny

charmedhart

hi naimelah

we went to Surf N turf to celebrate my aunt's birthday and we love the ambiance... we occupied the balcony side as per your recommendation and had our dinner around 7:30-8:30 when they dont have much guest yet.

Any other place you will recommend for a group girls?  tnx for all the suggestions guys.

charmedhart smile.png

borntobemild

Sea food, Tulip inn tuhrsday night buffet - about 180/head
Sushi, soul kitchen - 200/head
Lunch, Steak house - 40/head for all you can eat soup,salad,drinks and huge sandwich off the menu
Barbecue, that brazil Ian place next to Sofitel - 150/head
Quick byte, shrimpys next to jarrir - 10/head
pancakes, my place, free if you're a female! Lol

charmedhart

borntobemild,

thanks for the nice suggestions and offer smile.png i thnk we weill try the blue strawberry restaurant recommended by my friends friend.. but ill keep your suggestions in mind...

smile.png

borntobemild

Where is this blue strawberry????

charmedhart

that i need to find out tomorrow morning. as of now this is the only thing i know;

BlueStrawberry Restaurant Reservations
Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia 
P.O.Box  90 
City  Al-Khobar 
Country  Saudi Arabia 

Tel  +966 (3)882 5408 ext 71 
Fax  +966 (3)882 5112 
E-mail  bluestrawberry@rezayat.com.sa

let u know if it is worth it after our dinner smile.png

charmedhart

Blue Strawberry is inside rezayat family village. their food taste good, in adequate portion, they have nice table set up, interior decorations and the prices are very reasonable smile.png

All of their guest are western... except for our group smile.png all the western female arrived without abaya so we also had the chance to take pictures without worrying that somebody might be caught by our camera...

Over all rating is 4.5 smile.png (-.5 for the not so nice waiters) hahaha

winteryrose1984

Someone asking about Chinese food?

Coming from the U.S, the closest to Chinese takeout is Mama Fu's. If you like sweet and sour chicken or General Tso's chicken then you would like their Honey glazed chicken. They used to be open in Rashid mall but I think they closed for renovations? They are open in Dhahran mall though near gate 10.
They have good asian salads and prices are very reasonable.

Also, if you like shrimp then I suggest you try the "Kickin' Shrimp" at Tony Roma's. It is an appetizer but it's one of the most delicious ways I have eaten shrimp!

EDIT: Is there ANYWHERE where I can get some fresh bagels here?! I'm DYING to have one.... why don't they have some at DD?

RedGoblin

@Rose: now we talking! smile.png From the above description you seem like a connoisseur of good food. Chinese I am still to try out the places in Dharan Mall - ( Entrance restrictions! Single and all!BAHH!!!) Mama fu's - where is that?

Kickin Shrimp- Oh yeah they are perfect! though I have experienced the shrimp to be sometimes overcooked, which spoils it all.

borntobemild
winteryrose1984 wrote:

Someone asking about Chinese food?

Coming from the U.S, the closest to Chinese takeout is Mama Fu's. If you like sweet and sour chicken or General Tso's chicken then you would like their Honey glazed chicken. They used to be open in Rashid mall but I think they closed for renovations? They are open in Dhahran mall though near gate 10.
They have good asian salads and prices are very reasonable.

Also, if you like shrimp then I suggest you try the "Kickin' Shrimp" at Tony Roma's. It is an appetizer but it's one of the most delicious ways I have eaten shrimp!

EDIT: Is there ANYWHERE where I can get some fresh bagels here?! I'm DYING to have one.... why don't they have some at DD?

I FREGGIN MISS PANERAS!! but i highly doubt they will ever open a begal place out here because its a jewish concept. im up for opening a Hilal Begal place around here!!
Same this goes for pretzels! I can't find a soft pretzel to save a life here!!

as far as chinese, the nicest (by that i mean cleanest) chinese joint ive been to here is that chinatown place near valencia mall.

winteryrose1984

@RedGoblin LOL yeah I have tried SO many Chinese dishes in search of one that is close to what I'm used to. I even gave up for a while and tried to recreate them by cooking (FAIL) but Mama Fu's seems pretty good. It is located near Gate 10. When you enter you have to go towards the back section where there are a whole bunch of other restaurants. It is next to Chili's and Macaroni & Grill all the way on the left side closest to the bathrooms.

As for being single.... I guess you can try to go during lunch hours? I heard that they allow singles or is it only in the food court. Good luck with that sad.png This place has the weirdest laws ever.....don't get me started.

@borntobemild: I never knew bagels were a Jewish concept? Wow... I just thought they were a delicious concept. Especially poppy seed toasted with veggie cream cheese... YUM!

borntobemild

i miss my poppy seed with cream cheese and locks! *Droooole*

RedGoblin

@Rose: lets not get started about the laws over here, this forum is strictly for food! and people who love em! big_smile.png But going to Dhahran mall on a weekday for lunch and getting back, it might not fit in with my lunch schedule, if you know what I mean. Hey, if nothing else goes, give me a buzz when you are going as a family. I might hitchhike! tongue.png

@ BTBM and rose: bagels are a thing of rarity here. I did have one when i went to the Le meridian for a brunch. But it was nothing to be drooling about, I have had better ones.

mms25

Anyone try Gino's next to Citymax on the Corniche road? Contemplating going there for some italian relief.

hs789

Surprisingly, no one mentioned "Fuddruckers"! It's located in Al-Rashid Mall, right next to Gulf Royal Chinese. They have some nice selections and the restaurant falls under the Chili's/TGIF/Applebee's category.

I would recommend the Buffalo Chicken Salad. It is absolutely amazing! I'm not much of a salad person, but when I tried that, I was hooked! I order it every time we go there!

The rates per person vary, depending on what you order, but I'd say it's about SR 50 per person.

@borntobemild: There's a place in Al-Rashid Mall where you can find pretzels. It's called "Wetzel Pretzel", and it is located right in front of Carrefour. It's not a sit-in kind of place, but the pretzels are good. For the soft kind, I'd suggest their pretzel bites, which are REALLY soft. Oh, and they taste good with the mayo packets they provide (you might have to ask specifically). They also have different flavors, and the pretzels are made on the spot so you can watch as well! The price per pretzel is SR 8, and they've got pretzel dogs too. I'd suggest the Jalapeno Cheese Pretzel!

Has anyone tried "Fushi" on Corniche? I'm looking for some new places to try, but can't seem to find any that seem worth it!

reachmum

Try Kabab Factory in Mall of Dhahran Gate no 11, food is really good, so is the ambience.

reachmum

Lol there is a restaurant "queens of India" Managed by Filipinos i guess. Food is not good, they even charge you 4 times for a small bottle of water. Service at its worst, cant even give a single star *.

borntobemild

taya restaurant....the one in khobar with the lobster for a sign....ironically has the crappiest sea food in khobar.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Khobar

All of Khobar's guide articles