Travelling from England to Bulgaria by road (route)

@romaniac

Will agree to that..they will prosecute for any misdemeaners...and btw

Dont forget your headlamps ON .day and night..in Hungary..Romania
Bulgaria..dont use Serbia..i never do and never will...and have done the journey loads of times..as a truck driver..and a car driver to POMORIE
My 2nd home.
@Stephen_T

Yeah..but they do..especially when holding your passport.!!
@denisbruce59

Yes no probs..Belgium..Germany
Austria..Hungary..Romania..Bulgaria.
4 days for me..2/3 B&B. en route.
@JEC 1949

Ok..your stumped mate..firstly the cost of transport will outweigh your profits..so its a loss.

Buy your own vehicle..and if its a hire
And reward jobby
As of the 21st May..you will need an international Operators licence
A transport manager for any vehicle between 2.5 and 3.5 tons..plus buying the van..commercial m.o.t.
Commercial insurance
Commercial road tax
Still want that honey.??
@stepool1970

Think your braver than many..if you lost your belongings..will have to go back to the uk and be homeless.
In that scenerio..how will you survive
No work..little money.. good luck

Btw  no frighterners mate.but i knew of people who lost a great deal.all the white goods..not even unwrapped.they even took the new windows and doors..

Another who lost a home to squatters...changed the locks..took her 3 years to get it back . Just to make you aware...sorry.
@Stephen_T

Ah..but they can make it very difficult if you dont pay them a bribe..last time i paid 60lv.

BEWARE.

do you guys think it is safe for two ladies to travel to Bulgary by road (mother/daughter) and do you find places to sleep not to far away from the highways.

It depends. Just how aggressive are the two of you. Do you carry shotguns or hunting knives? :-)

I refer to you saying safe and wondered if you meant for the Bulgarians...

do you guys think it is safe for two ladies to travel to Bulgary by road (mother/daughter) and do you find places to sleep not to far away from the highways.
-@Miekeke

I regularly drive back and forward alone, in good weather I sleep across the front seats of my van at services, roadside, wherever, in cold weather I stay in cheap hotels, I've never felt in any danger at any time.

it's actually harder to do in UK, not allowed to stay in services or generally park overnight without charges.

@Miekeke

My impression (admittedly, I'm a bloke) is that the route is pretty safe. But it's definitely nicer to have a bit of company on the drive (and, ideally, share the driving).

There are loads of cheap (and good) places to stay on the way, I just use booking.com to see what's available on my route. There are plenty of services too, so if you just want to rest for an hour or two, that's also no problem.

@Miekeke Hiya,

I have driven from UK to BG several times now, I used to drive until I got tired then pulled over and stopped in a motel or hotel over night I never encountered any problems whatsoever. I am just coming up to 74 in April. I think the most dodgy part of the journey was France, until I got well away from the port area I would get in behind a lorry just to clear the port.

@Miekeke I made the journey alone with my dog and it was absolutely fine. I used Google maps and booking.com to plan as I went - drove as much as I wanted then used the apps. Make sure you have internet access and you'll be safe

@SandraW

Hello,

I asked you which countries you went through to go to Bulgaria and for dog if everything went well.

Have you had a check up for your dog and what does he require.

How many hours did it take you to arrive in Bulgaria?

I ask you all his questions because I too will be leaving Belgium with my 2 large dogs alone.

Thank you.

Sophie

Hi Sophie, my wife and I drove from England to Bulgaria with to large dogs, and other than getting of the ferry in Holland we weren't asked to soe any paperwork for the dogs at any boarder! We did need health certificate and insurance as well as worm treatment and rabies jabs before we left England. I hope this helps.

Hi..you will need a pet check up and a pet passport. Before you leave the vet will check the dogs..and a rabies check and vaccinations too if needed 2 weeks before you leave..and the same coming back unless the certificates of health are out of date..some check..some dont..safe journey folks..

Btw  flying this year..cos of animals  wife leaving tomorrow for 1 month

I leave 31st june..for an early flight on the 1st july..till middle of september.

@garrycollins295

Hello,

Many thanks for answering me.

Sophie

@wtruckyboy

Thank you for your reply.

Sophie

@BruceLeeTheHealer

Hi..done the trip many times..dov..cal..

Lille..head towards lille..then bear left onto the motorway towards Brussels Liege..Charleroi..Namur...then

Head towards Frankfurt..Wurzburg.

Nurnburg.Regensburg..Munich.

towards..Linz..St Polten..Vienna..  Hungary..Gyor..Budapest..Kecskemet.

dir

Seged..Romania..Arad..Timisoara..Lugoj

Caransebes..Orsova..Negotin..Calafat

BG border..Montana..Vratsa..Mezdra..

SOFIA then Plovdiv for Trakia highway to Burgas..or from Mezdra to...

Botevgrad..Lukovit..Sevlievo..Kazanluk

Stara Zagora..or whatever route..

Good luck..i live in Pomorie..burgas region on the black sea..safe driving.

Regards

Raymond.

@BruceLeeTheHealer
Hi..done the trip many times..dov..cal..

-@wtruckyboy

You're responding to someone who hasn't been active on this site in several years.  Unlikely he'll get the message or respond.

Romaniac

I'm glad I've seen this. Heading off later this year

@wtruckyboy How long does it take you?