Menu
Expat.com

Are student residences reliable?

Last activity 01 February 2017 by christosrountos

christosrountos

Hello,

I am moving in Toulouse at the end of March and I am a student. I will work there for 6 months. I am thinking of renting a studio in a student residence, specifically at Promologis. Does anyone know about this residence and generally is it a good choice? I think it will be nice because there will be other students and it is located close to the center and my job too.

Jobboard_Finder

Hi,

Student residences in France are very popular with young people and they are usually very reliable, so I am sure this one in Toulouse will be the same.

If the residence does not have a canteen, it can be a little bit difficult to meet people, but there will usually be a good mix of international students there as well. I'm sure everyone will be keen to make friends, so just knocking on people's doors will be a good idea.

Good luck & let us know how you get on!

christosrountos

Thank you very much. I have contacted some real estates too. If I live in a studio from real estate I will have to pay bills for electricity and internet. Do you know which company offers a good internet connection for a student? I have the same question for mobile phone company. I am a bit out of the blue and I need to learn some basics for France.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Toulouse

• Accommodation in Toulouse
    Accommodation in Toulouse

Located in southwestern France, in the Occitanie region, Toulouse is known as "la Ville Rose" (the Pink ...

• Accommodation in France
    Accommodation in France

France's lifestyle, culture, and history bring in millions of visitors every year. Many fall in love with the ...

• Study in Toulouse
    Study in Toulouse

With more than 100,000 students, Toulouse ranks as the fourth-top student city in France. Known for its warm, ...

• Working in Toulouse
    Working in Toulouse

Toulouse is fondly called "la ville rose" (the pink city) due to its distinctive red-brick architecture. ...

• Toulouse public transport
    Toulouse public transport

In Toulouse, public transport is the easiest way to move around. Public transport is managed by Tisseo.

• Things to see and to do in Toulouse
    Things to see and to do in Toulouse

As the capital of the Midi-Pyrénées region, Toulouse, affectionately called "la Ville ...

• Getting around Toulouse
    Getting around Toulouse

The greater Toulouse area features a well-developed transport network managed by the Tisséo transport ...

• Working Holiday Visa in France for Australians
    Working Holiday Visa in France for Australians

A true love affair has developed between Australians and France. The reasons for this are numerous but often ...

All of Toulouse's guide articles