Sponsoring widow mother on residence in Abu Dhabi

Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone has any clue regarding the above issue. I am on an AUH visa and meet all criteria with rgds to salary,2bhk...blah blah blah...i recently approached the Directorate of Residence and foreign affairs but my request was rejected stating " You can sponsor parents only on visit visa" This reply was given by the 3* chap in the humanitarian counter. I seriously don't know why this counter is available for public. My mothers a widow and I have all the documents in place. I got to know from a few sources that residence visas for parents in Abu Dhabi have been stopped...is it true? Is there any chance for me to sponsor my mother on residence?...the law changes here everytime the shift in the department changes i feel. Someone pls. advise....

Cheers
RL

Welcome on the forum RL,

I hope that other forumers will comment on this issue soon.

Regards

Yes I went through this problem (quite)a few years ago. It's a big problem and as you say the "rules" change from time to time. However when I finally managed to get a residence Permit (for my mother) I needed to provide an affidavit from the home country stating that she was dependent on me (i.e. No house or income other than me) and that I was her only child and so she was totally dependent on me. Lots of other "normal" documents also required and lots of visits to the immigration. Try to see at least Captain or Major level and explain your problem correctly. If you are not able to provide the above then sorry not much chance.

Hi I live in fujairah I have all the documents even dependence Certificates my sal is of 15000 still i have to face the same problem why they have stopped these visa why what would be the reason for this why they are this tough on this we need to get thiz answer I went to all the officer cabin no result