Moving Pet to Ecuador

Hi everyone, this is my first post after joining expat.com, and i'm happy to interact with all of you :)

Here's the thing, i'm currently working in China and going to move to Ecuador in late October this year, now i have a cat i would like to take him with me to Ecuador if possible.

The problem i've encountered is that i am unable to get to official in Ecuador and i have no ideas what documentations or pet health related certificates i should prepare in advance for entering Ecuador with my cat. Is there anyone with experience bringing pet from asian countries could share your experience or suggesting who should i get to in order to make this happen smoothly.

Thank you.

You can check with Lord Guau in Quito (They have a Facebook page)- they assist with pet relocation.

amyf wrote:

You can check with Lord Guau in Quito. (They have a Facebook page) - they assist with pet relocation.

Lord Guau has pet lodgings and 'vet' care in addition to their pet-relocation services.  Their website, lordguau.com, is in Spanish, with an English-prompted chat option, and there's an email address listed:  puembo(at)lordguau.com

Expats usually encounter the word guau in its common exclamatory meaning of "wow!" 

According to wordreference.com, it also can mean 'woof' or 'bow wow'.

cccmedia

Another resource for this issue is your airline or prospective airline(s).  The airlines fly pets all the time so they have to be on top of the regulations.

cccmedia

Sandra Baquero, another recommended service provider I will link to when the  glitch on the Business Directory is fixed, also works with bringing in pets.

Her specialty is shipments for import and export and she is someone I have worked with and who has high marks from literally hundreds of fellow expats over the past 9 years that I have known her during my time here.

By the way Lord Gua ...was the name of that vet's first doggie :-)  And they do provide great service. If anyone remembers Arthur, the dog who followed the Swedish adventure team around and eventually travelled home with them, Lotrd Gua helped with that trip. And for those here, they are the folks to go to for more serious services, they do pet cremation too.

Susan

cyrus1016 wrote:

Hi everyone, this is my first post after joining expat.com, and i'm happy to interact with all of you :)

Here's the thing, i'm currently working in China and going to move to Ecuador in late October this year, now i have a cat i would like to take him with me to Ecuador if possible.

The problem i've encountered is that i am unable to get to official in Ecuador and i have no ideas what documentations or pet health related certificates i should prepare in advance for entering Ecuador with my cat. Is there anyone with experience bringing pet from asian countries could share your experience or suggesting who should i get to in order to make this happen smoothly.

Thank you.

Many people do this on their own especially for small pets which can be carry on. Call the airline(s) as they usually provide information that you'll need. If you decide to call a company providing the service then simply collect the information rather than paying for a relatively simple matter, again small pet. It will be a long flight(s) so plan accordingly, cats can become restless, a layover will definitely be a good idea.

This is common sense, but if you're taking multiple flights then call the airline that will land in Ecuador for the required documentation.

Best of luck.

You can get info at the following web page> www.aphis.usda.gov/pet-travel/health-ce … r-cat.pdf.

Also, if you want personal help you can contact Aeropets, they help with documents and permit and shipping pets in/out of Ecuador. They have an office at the Quito airport.  www.aero-pets.com/ecu

Thank you very much

Thank you all for all the information provided, I appreciate that very much and I'm trying to get in touch with some of them and see what we can work out.