Jobs in hospitality

Hello guys,

My name is Lucie and I am originaly from Czech Republic, currently living in Ireland, so please excuse my English;)

I also have a Czech husband and 5 months old baby boy. As many others also we are now considering moving to Malta as we have enough of cold rainy days here in Dublin. My husband works in hospitality for past 17 years usually as a waiter or barman. So I was just wondering if any of you could tell me honestly how much can a waiter earn (including tips) in let's say fine dining restaurant. It would be very useful for us to know so we will know how much we can afford to spent for a rent etc...

Also I was wondering if me and my child is entitled to free medical care, if my husband will have a job but I will be a stay home mum. Hope you can help me to answer those questions...thanks a mill.:)

hi there,

if you like you can get in touch with me on my private email maura@europe.com and i will do my best to try and ans your questions,

I believe waiters/barmen earn around € 8,000-12,000 per annum in Malta

"Also I was wondering if me and my child is entitled to free medical care, if my husband will have a job but I will be a stay home mum. " - yes

Tips in Malta - from my experience tips are low, so I wouldn't rely on tips if the salary doesn't seem enough. On the other hand, I am not often in fine dining establishments, so maybe tips are more generous there.

Tim

Thank you all for your help....wish us luck! I'll keep you posted. :D