Menu
Expat.com

Looking for Advice on getting job/visa to move to New Delhi

Last activity 15 March 2011 by thibeau

HeatherAnne

Hi!
My name is Heather.  I am looking for advice on the easiest/quickest way to find work in New Dehli.  I spent 5 weeks last summer there volunteering for an NGO and I really want to go back to work there. I am a recruiter and I have been applying to jobs there via Monster India and a few other India job sites. I think I may be going about this all wrong.  I'm not sure if I need a work visa or ajob first. The NGO I worked for has offered me ajob as well but again, no idea how to go about the Visa thing. I would also like to know how easy it is to get accomadations for a single 30 something women.
Any and all advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Heather

EmilioArmani

If you are looking for a place to live, i have become good friends with a decent agent who will find you somewhere with good rates. Most agents are like used car salesmen here I once had 21 missed calls from an agent I was avoiding! So any help in that department just let me know x

Yud

Welcome on board Heather wink.png

HeatherAnne

Thank you that would be great.  I was speaking to a potential employer this evening and he is in Chatturpur which is where I volunteered this summer, but don't think I want to live there...I used the train, and rickshaws mostly while there..not the buses so would prefer to be on metro line...I will drop you a note if I get the gig!!  Is there good expat get togethers? I'm in m 30's and plan on being there a year or so...don't want to be a hermit!!

EmilioArmani

haha, well the same for me really, I have only been here a month or so and havnt met many people yet, I have only recently joined this site so hopefully I will meet people soon. Im setting up a nightlife photography company, if you like taking pictures maybe you could join me. It will also give me something social to do during the evenings lol! x

HeatherAnne

Sounds fun...I didn't get to experience any nightlife last time as I lived at the orphanage and it wasn't really safe to go out at night!  Did you find a place to live easily?  How much do you pay if you don't mind my asking? Just trying to get a feel for how much I should make. Thanks again, Heather

adnan khan

Hello heather Anne do u have a job in hand or ur looking for a job in Delhi . If u have  a employer who is ready to sponsor u a work visa then ur concern is about the accommodation that can be arranged easily. Reply me . do u have a job confirmed ? or ur looking fror a job in india. If u have any queries feel free to ask . thank s and reagrds.
have a nice day . take care All the very best for ur search .

HeatherAnne

I am looking for work in either sales, recruitment or with an NGO...

adnan khan

okay have u been to India before ? what is Ur qualification ?do u have a work experience ?Kindly mail Ur details to adnankhan020@gmail.com

EmilioArmani

Another spamming broker on the loose! x

EmilioArmani

Yeah, i looked at about 25 properties but I like modern furnishings etc so I only liked about 3. I met with about 4 different agents and they where all very persistant at trying to pressure me into renting something but i found one that was great. Im currently paying 55,000 for a modern one bedroom serviced apartment in Nizamudin, its really nice and opposite the *hermayans tombs x

Yud
EmilioArmani wrote:

Whom??

adnan khan

@emilio Armani
I think ur out of topic.

thibeau

so if you find good accomodation where you want to live in new delhi i propose you lajpat nagar virkam vihar so that many foreign live here me too it's nice place and very quiet place

Kabir 001

Heather,

finding good accommodation is not difficult. You will have considerable choice. Once you are certain about your job, put a post here and anyone who has moved in recently would be able to help you out. I got great help from folks on this blog. It was a cake walk to find a place and get settled.

And, yes you will need a work visa before you start work. My impression is that, you can travel on a tourist visa and get it converted here into a work visa. I would ask my secretary to confirm it for you.

Cheers!!

twinkle53

hello Heather Anne....

I hope you are getting help...I am in a similar position.

would really love to work in India.  Just don't know where to start.  You sound further along in the whole thing than I am!!!

wish you well...may see you in Delhi some day!!!...Lois

gagan.mumbai

Wish u all Gurls All The Best . For any help u can ping me . Will surely do best what i can.

thibeau

i think india is currently the good place for apply job but you have to find compagny about your profile

Articles to help you in your expat project in New Delhi

• Work permits for India
    Work permits for India

If you wish to work in India you will need to obtain a valid work visa. Work visas are specially designed for ...

• FRRO
    FRRO

List of documents that are required at the time of registration with the Foreigners Registration Offices in India ...

• Visa requirements for India
    Visa requirements for India

If you are travelling to India, find out more about the important documents and formalities required for your ...

• Visas for India
    Visas for India

Just like any other country, India requires you to have a valid visa and a passport for staying in the country. ...

• Developing your social circle in New Delhi
    Developing your social circle in New Delhi

New Delhi is home to a wide variety of people from different backgrounds and cultures. Everyone here has varied ...

• The work culture in New Delhi
    The work culture in New Delhi

Being the official national capital of India, New Delhi is a rich city with a population of all age groups and ...

• Things to do on weekdays in New Delhi
    Things to do on weekdays in New Delhi

New Delhi is an exciting city and offers a wide variety of attractions for some quality leisure time over the ...

• Getting around New Delhi
    Getting around New Delhi

If you are planning to relocate to New Delhi, it is important to understand the transportation system across the ...

All of New Delhi's guide articles