Menu
Expat.com

Dentistry

Last activity 31 July 2018 by kaztravels

Donna Maree

Hi all. Had anyone been to Dental4you in Chiangmai? It might be my first port of call! Also, Morying Clinic? Thank you.

Donna Maree

I had a very good experience getting a crown at CDJ Dental Clinic in the Nimman area on Soi Sukkasem.  They have a FaceBook page.  Have a look.

bill kip

In Chiang Mai I went to Grace Dental for extensive work. They are in the Nieman Hieman area. From my understanding they are expensive, relative to Chiang Mai. But many Farangs go there because of the quality of service. In the winter or peak season it takes as much as a month to schedule an appointment. Irrespective of anything I have been very happy with their service. I had a quote for service in the Phoenix area. Grace provided the same service for 10% of the Phoenix price. Later I had a dental exam and was told that it was as good as any professional service in the Phoenix area. (America has out priced it's own service's.)

That's been my experience.

eastcoast816

Hi Donna, I think the local ones are good if you are just leaning towards basic dental treatments. But if you are planning to have some sort of a major dental work like mouth reconstruction, dental implants, etc. I do recommend that you choose an established dental place. I recommend Thantakit Dental. Very popular in the international community and most of their patients are expats. Qantas uses this clinic for their pilots and flight crew. It's in Bangkok, but definitely worth the trip. Be very careful when opting for a facility for your health and dental needs. Cheers.

cusanus

Went there many times 10-12 years ago. They're ok, maybe quite good, but high priced relative to many good dental clinics that don't cater to farangs. I went to Elite Dental for my five implants and seven zirconia caps (Pantip Plaza) and they were by far the best I've ever had. No charge for any X-rays or appointments, 56,000 for one Osstem implant with zirconia cap. Not a bit of pain, the surgeon extremely efficient and treatment top rate. For most dental work, including any bridge work or ordinary zirconia caps, I go to the government hospital here in Sanpatong. They're perfectly ok, too, you can't do better, but they are half as much for a cap and most of the work I don't pay for because my wife is a government officer.

MisterStretch
eastcoast816 wrote:

Hi Donna, I think the local ones are good if you are just leaning towards basic dental treatments. .

Goodness, if Donna waited that long for information most of her teeth have probably fallen out.  The OP was in August of 2017.

But all info is good info.

kaztravels

Hi Cus,
Can you please advise the name of one or 2 dentists there, that did some caps for you? Assuming it wasn't too long ago?
An address is good, but for things like dentists, and hair-dressers! - I like to choose the 'artist' specifically if I can.
I must now research what a zirconia type cap is....
(I need a few veneers, if I can afford it, plus 2 'caps' for sure)
cheers
Kaz in Oz

Articles to help you in your expat project in Thailand

All of Thailand's guide articles