Menu
Expat.com

How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

Last activity 17 October 2024 by Juniar Fajrien

kdb64

Hi,

Do anyone of you know if MoM has started processing EP applications for those who are not based in Singapore?

I did read somewhere online that they have. Can someone please confirm? I run the risk of losing my offer and my current job (already on notice) if I don't get it through.

Thanks

mailarunkumars

Hi All,
EP Approved today. Currently in SG , switching jobs.
Applied: 10th June
Approval: 23rd June
Domain: IT

All the best for others who are waiting. Be Patience and never Give up.

scipy

I'm not sure they have started application for people not in Singapore. The MoM website says the its 'very limited'. I am also waiting for it to start. Do you remember where you read that they have started it?

kdb64

https://www.mondaq.com/government-measu … -singapore

scipy

Thanks for sharing article. It does mention that processing has started for EP for people not based in Singapore. Would be nice if others can share their experience if new EP application has started for people outside Singapore.

Sapphire17

“ Employers are urged to defer bringing foreigners into Singapore during this period until further notice.

Approvals for any new applications will be limited. You may continue to apply passes for foreigners who are already in Singapore.”

- indicated in mom website as of today

GuestPoster238

I am an EP holder for last 3 years. Still located in Singapore. I got an offer from a new company. They applied EP on 20 May. After 2 weeks MOM came back with a note to verify my master degree. My company took a service of MOM accredited verification agency. Verification report submitted 2 weeks ago. But still no response. My company contacted MOM last week. It ensured an outcome will be shared in a weeks time. Still status shows pending.  Thoughts?

Nyc_bom

Have Anyone applied for entry approval on EP?

zoeli1994

My company just applied for the new EP last week and hopefully will turn out to be okay. I am currently outside Singapore. Lets see whether it will be processed this time,

GuestPoster238
zoeli1994 wrote:

My company just applied for the new EP last week and hopefully will turn out to be okay. I am currently outside Singapore. Lets see whether it will be processed this time,

Hi, please keep us updated on your status. Thanks!

mikomido

Hi All!

EP application Applied 12 March.
Still Pending 108 days (Vetting Agencies)
Currently, in Singapore

GuestPoster238

Hi - Any reason that MOM has mentioned for delay?

mikomido

Nothing at all.

mikomido

This is my 3rd EP, first 2 applications takes about 2 weeks to get approved.

hyhyhy

Hey guys can I check if its true that all new applications will be rejected during this period, only to appeal if you are in Singapore?

Thanks!

Sapphire17

Hi, just want to share my colleague’s timeline:

June 12 Spass applied
June 19 Rejected after (if in sg can appeal)
June 23 Appeal pending
June 30 Approved

Both application took just 1 week. She’s currently in Singapore. Construction sector.

Henem75

From the posts above - its seems that any applications made from applicants currently in Singapore after CB have been processed *a lot* faster than those applications that were filed during the CB.

MY92

My EP application has been pending for 20 days already, and I received email from mom yesterday saying they need 3-4 months to proceed, what does this mean? Anyone received the same email?
I hope the “3-4 months” is a typo, cuz what I see from above are normally 3weeks...

GuestPoster238
MY92 wrote:

My EP application has been pending for 20 days already, and I received email from mom yesterday saying they need 3-4 months to proceed, what does this mean? Anyone received the same email?
I hope the “3-4 months” is a typo, cuz what I see from above are normally 3weeks...

u are in sg ? or outside ?

goblueforever

My EP application was submitted on 5 June, and is still pending.  Since the very beginning, the status has been stuck at "We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer."

I'm currently in Singapore on an existing EP, switching jobs.  Not really sure what to make of the timeline, but hoping to hear this week since it will have been four weeks as of Friday.

MY92

Same as mine, but they told me 3-4months, which scared me. Hope we all get approved by this Friday!

MY92

Currently working in SG

mrdada

After a long time waiting my EP was approved yesterday smile.png

Timeline :
EP applied: 25/02/2020
Rejected: 09/03/2020
Appealed: 23/03/2020
MOM informed us that they need more time to review: 14/04/2020
MOM ask for additional documents : 03/06/2020
Approved : 01/07/2020

I am currently in Singapore. It was a new EP not a renewal.

For those who are waiting a long time like me, I hope you will have a positive result soon !

LittleFlower96

gratz to you!

davidling96

My EP just gets approved today.

Out of SG, first EP, financial services.

Applied on 11 Feb and rejected.
Appealed on 3 Mar and rejected again due to CB.
Re-submitted on 12 Jun.
Status changed to pending on 25 Jun.
Approved on 2 Jul.

GuestPoster238
davidling96 wrote:

My EP just gets approved today.

Out of SG, first EP, financial services.

Applied on 11 Feb and rejected.
Appealed on 3 Mar and rejected again due to CB.
Re-submitted on 12 Jun.
Status changed to pending on 25 Jun.
Approved on 2 Jul.

are you sure ur out of SG ? why is there a "singapore" location tag on your post below the timestamp

davidling96

I am currently out of SG. If you look into my account details, it shows I "would like to move to" SG. Hope it clarifies.

clayderman2109

Congrats to those with your approved passes.

My timeline:

Submitted: 16/04
Rejected: 17/04
Appealed: 30/06

Fingers crossed as I’m waiting for the results.

zoeli1994

Wow congratulations! Are you waiting on your IPA now? Do you mind me asking where you are currently based?

zoeli1994

Hey guys, good news to share! My EP is just approved and I am outside Singapore.

New EP Application: 6/24
Approved: 7/3

Good luck everyone!

hyhyhy

It seems like new applications made after circuit breaker got approved much quicker than those who applied pre-circuit breaker, and appealed.  My appeal has been pending for 1.5 months. Should I get my employer to cancel the current application and make a new application to hasten to process?

goblueforever

I don't think there's any logic to this.  Mine was applied after CB and it's still pending.  It'll vary from case to case, based on things like industry of the job, current location, past experience and associated checks required, etc.

Henem75

Tempting indeed - not sure the trick would work though! Let me know if you do and it works.

clayderman2109

Hi Zoe

Congrats! May I know what industry you’re in.

zoeli1994

Hi I work in consulting. Hope this helps. My sense is that after July1st MOM has been more relaxed in terms of approving the visa and borders have been gradually opened.

Osman2104

Hi I am having same issue.How did your case go?

Osman2104

Hi Everyone! Please can you give some info for my case?

I am a work permit holder and currently in Singapore.I got a new job and employer applied S pass for me in 02/07/2020 afternoon. I checked on mom web and status is showing “ we need inputs from other agencies....” You have any idea for possiblity of approving or rejecting S pass for me?How long do I need to wait regarding this status to hear any news by your experiences in these days? New job is an essential service. Thanks.

beppi

Osman: As we have explained several times before (please read existing posts before asking the same again!), the vetting status can take anywhere between two weeks and three months or longer, depending on the external agencies in your home country or elsewhere that MoM asks to verify your credentials - and how quick your schools, ex-employers, etc. reply to them.

MY92

Hi, was told MOM is investigating my case and the whole recruitment process of the company. Will take a long time.

kdb64

Asking for my wife here:

Do companies post on mycareersfuture only as a formality ?

Because the company where my wife is interviewing has not told her any decision, however the role has been posted on mycareersfuture. When checked with the company, they say she is still in the process and have not decided on the candidate yet. I read online that employers post the role only as a formality (in case they have selected maybe another candidate). I wanted to get a sense if they have already selected some other candidate (or) they have selected my wife but don't want to communicate the decision till the 14 day listing period of mycareersfuture.

She is currently contemplating whether to wait for this company's offer or accept the offer of another firm which has already offered a role.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Relocating to Singapore
    Relocating to Singapore

Moving to a new geography is an exciting step – new home, new friends, new adventures, but leaving your ...

• Moving with your pet to Singapore
    Moving with your pet to Singapore

If you're moving to Singapore and don't want to leave your pet behind, you'll need to follow some ...

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles