Menu
Expat.com

How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

Last activity 17 October 2024 by Juniar Fajrien

DurbanP

Hi all,

I can see several cases of appeals for EP/SP applications - even tho with long timelines - being approved, luckily. Anybody here for scenarios where is getting rejected after more than 3 appeals? And what’s the max number of appeals possible?

Have a nice weekend smile.png
D.

beppi

Normally, only one appeal is allowed per rejection. The decision about the appeal is then final.

DurbanP

Hi Beppi,

In this thread Silvercode is saying that his 2nd appeal was accepted and EP approved

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 38#5089578

Date of application : 6th July
Rejected : 14h July
1st Appeal : 17th July
Rejected : 7th Aug
2nd Appeal: 27th Aug
Approved : 21st Sep

Currypuff

Hey guys,

Can I check how long does an EP renewal process take these days? Renewing EP under a same company that I have been working for 5 years with all latest EP eligibility criteria met. This is my 2nd time renewing but seems to be taking long. It's been 11 days.

If you could share how long it took to renew your EP recently, will help a lot. Thank you!

shirokuma007

Anyone has experience with applying EP while holding WP?
Long story but I’m holding a WP because back then my EP didn’t get approved and it’s either go back to Malaysia and wait or hold a WP and then convert to EP after a few months.

My HR seems to be able to get a letter where the company is exempted to advertise my role and jump straight into the application process. Just curious if anyone here also got their EP via this method?

lululilylululily

Mine took less than 2 weeks.

Currypuff wrote:

Hey guys,

Can I check how long does an EP renewal process take these days? Renewing EP under a same company that I have been working for 5 years with all latest EP eligibility criteria met. This is my 2nd time renewing but seems to be taking long. It's been 11 days.

If you could share how long it took to renew your EP recently, will help a lot. Thank you!

Rome812

Hi, just want to check if anyone have idea or same experience.
I hold spass before and my pass was cancelled April 09.
I got new employer and they applied spass for me on April 14.last week
I tried to check online but my status show old record like the cancelled spass.
From what I know before is that once you have new application the status will change to pending or did the change new rule?. Please advise if anybody experience the same.
By the way I'm in F & B industry.

Thank You.

beppi

Rome812: This has been discussed many times on the forum. Did you try to find the answer by yourself?
In short: No new application has been entered into MoM's system. If your employer did indeed submit it, they should contact MoM to find out what happened - maybe it was lost?

Rome812

Hi Beppi,

Thanks for replying. I also find it strange, since I work in Sg for the past 9yrs.
I know the status will change to pending if there's new application.

I remember the day when they applied, my employer called me to verify some info.
Then the next day they message me to let me know that the MOM acknowledge the application.
But for many times I check the status online,  cancelled never change to pending.

Maybe I will check again this coming Monday with my new employer. And I will update here.

Thanks Again.

surya2k

The update at MoM site is very slow. Even approval data are updated after few days. So, wait if your new application indeed updated at MoM DB then it will reflect this coming week. Good luck

Noname1

Hello everyone! Hope everyone here is well. I have been a long time silent reader in this forum since last year Nov, and I’ve decided today to share my experience with my pass application. Thank you beppi and surya for ur kind respond in this forum! Even though it is not a direct answer for me, but it is extremely helpful. 

My first application was in November of last year, but my pass was rejected for the reason that "if your candidates are in Singapore, you can submit an appeal." My Hr submitted an appeal directly that day, but it got rejected because the company didn’t have sufficient quota. They decided to submit a new application for me, but the status been stuck at “we need an input from other agencies” for more than 6 weeks.

However, when I received a job offer from a better company in February, I decided to contact my previous company's HR department to withdraw my application. And, thankfully, they are willing to do so for me. But, my pass was rejected after only one week of submission because my second company did not have enough quota!

Fortunately, I received a job offer in mid-March. Here is the timeline for my 3rd company application;
25th March application; submit application and status changed to pending
8th april till 23rd: we need an input from other agencies
24th morning 9 am: approved

Thanks god finally I get my pass after 5 months of waiting. It has been a very though journey for me, but it all are worth it in the end. For those who are still waiting for approval, good luck!

Shekhz
Noname1 wrote:

Hello everyone! Hope everyone here is well. I have been a long time silent reader in this forum since last year Nov, and I’ve decided today to share my experience with my pass application. Thank you beppi and surya for ur kind respond in this forum! Even though it is not a direct answer for me, but it is extremely helpful. 

My first application was in November of last year, but my pass was rejected for the reason that "if your candidates are in Singapore, you can submit an appeal." My Hr submitted an appeal directly that day, but it got rejected because the company didn’t have sufficient quota. They decided to submit a new application for me, but the status been stuck at “we need an input from other agencies” for more than 6 weeks.

However, when I received a job offer from a better company in February, I decided to contact my previous company's HR department to withdraw my application. And, thankfully, they are willing to do so for me. But, my pass was rejected after only one week of submission because my second company did not have enough quota!

Fortunately, I received a job offer in mid-March. Here is the timeline for my 3rd company application;

Thanks god finally I get my pass after 5 months of waiting. It has been a very though journey for me, but it all are worth it in the end. For those who are still waiting for approval, good luck!

Congratulations! Do well in your new professional challenge. Patience pays, indeed.

vigneshcoke

Hi All

Those who got New IPA Approved this year, how many Months IPA issued, is it 6 Months or 2 Months

Last Year IPA issued with 6 Months validity, is it same

Thank you

vigneshcoke
Noname1 wrote:

Hi

How many months the New IPA issued, is it 6 Months or 2 Months

Thank you

gaiiki

Hi,

Same situation for me. I will call and check with hr tom. Please keep me posted as well.

When did they apply for your pass?

aryanshi89

Hi All,

Is there any case like where mom hasn’t given any feedback(approved/rejected) and has kept the ep status “pending “ for a long time(>3months) ?

Thank you!

beppi

Aryanshi: Yes, there were. Search the forum to find them!
I usually advice that, once the duration published by MoM (up to three months) has passed, the employer should contact MoM to find out what is holding it up.

aryanshi89

Thank you Beppi for your reply.

Oddto1

I understand that the company must post the job position in the careers.gov website before application of spass.
Is it after 28 days they can only submit the application or after 14 days of posting they can already submit?

Because the form that I filled out for the application that the employer gave from mom was 14 days.

EP12Mar

Into my 9th week now and already going crazy. Can’t even think what >3 months will feel like 😬

gaiiki

Hi EP12Mar,

Did you call your new employer to call MoM for the update?

gaiiki
EP12Mar wrote:

Into my 9th week now and already going crazy. Can’t even think what >3 months will feel like 😬

Hi,

Were you able ask for your new employer to call MoM for update?

EP12Mar

Yep. Twice now. Once checked after 4 weeks and again last week. No specific response from MoM other than that it is still pending. No queries either.

gaiiki wrote:

Hi EP12Mar,

gaiiki
EP12Mar wrote:

Yep. Twice now. Once checked after 4 weeks and again last week. No specific response from MoM other than that it is still pending. No queries either.

gaiiki wrote:

Hi EP12Mar,

Hi,

Thank you. May I know if the pass is already updated as pending online as well?

EP12Mar

Yes. Has been in the Pending status since day 1 - I have been checking 10 times a day since day 1 😐. No change to status at all. The employer also uses an external agency to co-ordinate the application. They say there have been no queries from MoM either.

gaiiki wrote:
EP12Mar wrote:

gaiiki wrote:

Hi EP12Mar,

Hi,

gaiiki
EP12Mar wrote:

Yes. Has been in the Pending status since day 1 - I have been checking 10 times a day since day 1 😐. No change to status at all. The employer also uses an external agency to co-ordinate the application. They say there have been no queries from MoM either.

gaiiki wrote:
EP12Mar wrote:

Hi,

I’m so sorry to hear that. I know how you feel. I have been waiting for an update for two weeks now, feeling anxious.

May I know if you are currently in SG?

EP12Mar

Yes I have been working in SG since 2010.

gaiiki wrote:

Hi,

I’m so sorry to hear that. I know how you feel. I have been waiting for an update for two weeks now, feeling anxious.

May I know if you are currently in SG?

aryanshi89

@EP12Mar...understand your situation that you are currently going through.Hope it gets approved in few days time.I know the wait is much unusual than expected.
Don’t lose hope. Good luck for your Ep to get approved soon.  smile.png

GuestPoster311

8th week running. EP application submitted on
22nd March. EP status still shows ‘Pending’. No verification or added inputs from external agencies required till now. Future employer has called MOM several times for expedition. I am already on my third extension to stay in SG. The current extension is expires on 30th May.

In a nutshell, we can only wait. Going to India at the moment is not a viable option due to corona situation and there is a ban on entry from India. If it helps anyone here, I have booked flights to dubai and will be heading there instead, if EP stands pending till my last day of extension. Emirates is offering free flight cancellation and date change. If you need Dubai visa, you only need to pay for the visa. At least it’s better than heading to India.

strepto

I've been benefited by this website as well and want to share my experience.

Nationality : Indonesian
Sector : IT
Bachelor, Graduate from local university

Timeline :
21/04 : Date of application
22/04 : We need inputs from...
10/05 : Approved

Really worry about recent Covid development and whether there will be implication on my application, and glad things work well so far. Hopefully all good news on your side as well

kaushikpal12

Hi Satdal , you have mentioned
How do we get this extension or is this automatically given.
If you need to request then how to request

GuestPoster311

Your former employer can request for an extension to MOM. My first two extensions were 14 days each and the third one is 24 days. There are many threads on this topic in this forum. Please have a look.

Shekhz
kaushikpal12 wrote:

Hi Satdal , you have mentioned
How do we get this extension or is this automatically given.
If you need to request then how to request

Extension requests can be made through your previous employer. A lot of people have secured extensions, as rightly pointed out, there are a few posts in this forum which you may find useful and have personal experiences. Good luck with your extension plea, and of course your pass thereafter.

Shekhz
strepto wrote:

I've been benefited by this website as well and want to share my experience.

Nationality : Indonesian
Sector : IT
Bachelor, Graduate from local university

Timeline :
21/04 : Date of application
22/04 : We need inputs from...
10/05 : Approved

Really worry about recent Covid development and whether there will be implication on my application, and glad things work well so far. Hopefully all good news on your side as well

Great news, congratulations on your approval. Yes, agree with you, this forum is a treasure for people looking to seek guidance and clarify doubts on work permit related matters, lot more too.

michael.tj

Hi all,

Just a brief introductory, I changed job earlier this year. Applied for EP / Spass but rejected on SPass, appeal made and got approved today.

Timeline as follow:
Application:                         2021-02-26
Rejection:                             2021-03-08
Appeal:                                 2021-03-18
Pending agencies status:  2021-03-29
Approved:                            2021-05-11

So basically the appeal took about 7.5 weeks. Be patience and good luck!

Shekhz

Congratulations! Michael

michael.tj

Thank you sir!

Mar9

Hi Michael,

When you got Pending Agency .... does it mean that you need to verify your education certs? or MOM will do their own verification?

Thanks

michael.tj
Mar9 wrote:

Hi Michael,

When you got Pending Agency .... does it mean that you need to verify your education certs? or MOM will do their own verification?

Thanks

Hey, pending agency is basically they're engaging third party agency to check the education (from what I heard). Nothing to do from your side, you just have to wait.

user80

Hello Everyone..!!
This forum has always been a source of great information, many who don't post still keep a close look on what's latest going on, certainly provides lot of help.

Have a query today,
I have 6 years of working experience in Singapore (total 10+ years of experience in IT)

Stuck overseas (India) last year due to pandemic, pass got cancelled as I couldn't come back.

Now a new employer(one of the big company in SG) is offering job.
offered monthly salary 12k+

Given that currently entry approval is nearly impossible, is it still safe to apply the EP now (get the IPA, and wait for few months until travel restrictions are lifted)

Any challenges in getting the EP approved (i.e. if MOM is rejecting EP application just because travel is currently restricted) ?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Relocating to Singapore
    Relocating to Singapore

Moving to a new geography is an exciting step – new home, new friends, new adventures, but leaving your ...

• Moving with your pet to Singapore
    Moving with your pet to Singapore

If you're moving to Singapore and don't want to leave your pet behind, you'll need to follow some ...

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles