packetyacht wrote:

Small update from my side, guys..

EP approved today.
Applied on 29th Sep., 2021
Approved today.
Field : Cyber Security
Salary Hike :27%
Current location : Singapore..

All the best to the ones who are waiting for their approvals !

That’s a relief, else your repetitive Q’s would have taken this forum by storm. Congrats anyways.

packetyacht
Shekhz wrote:
packetyacht wrote:

Small update from my side, guys..

EP approved today.
Applied on 29th Sep., 2021
Approved today.
Field : Cyber Security
Salary Hike :27%
Current location : Singapore..

All the best to the ones who are waiting for their approvals !

That’s a relief, else your repetitive Q’s would have taken this forum by storm. Congrats anyways.

Hehe !
Good that I didnt DOSed the site enough..  lol.png

AndyHCMC
sgarry2255 wrote:

Good details so far. I'm so much glad to know more about it. Thank you so much!

Please use the "Quote function" so we know who you are replying to

marshalloo

Hi guys, here's my info to add to this pool of visa application information.
Will update on the result later.

Nationality: Chinese
Visa: First time applying EP
Industry: Research
Education: Local uni undergraduate, local uni final year Phd
Salary: ~7k
Applied date: 10 Oct 21
Current status: Pending

wuhang89

Hi, Here is my information
A first-time applicant for EP:
And my occupation: Software Engineer
apply: 01/09/2021;
Rejected:24/09/2021
Appeal:07/10/2021
Approved:20/10/2021
So happy ^_^

lucasverygood

Hi all!

Just would like to share my experience with EP application smile.png

> Timeline:
Application: 28/6
Rejection: 7/7
Appeal: 10/7-ish
Another Rejection: 25/8
Another Appeal: 24/9-ish
Approval: 20/10

> Reasons for Rejection:
1st Rejection: unknown
2nd Rejection: The actual designation needs reflecting in the job ab. Therefore, my company post the job again for 28 days for a second time and then made an appeal application.

> Why not Expedite the Appeal Process?
I did urge my company to expedite the process but after all it’s MoM’s game and there was not much we could do to secure an EP or even an expedition. Luckily though, in the second appeal, my company applied to expedite on 18/10 and EP was approved on 20/10 smile.png

It took me nearly 5 months to get approved, with two 28-day advertisements because of some compliance issues with the first ad sad.png

Hope you all goes well with your EP application!

spcb007

Oh boy.What kind of patience is this...

Well done.Congrats!

Miranz

Hello all! My EP just got approved so I would like to share my information regarding my EP for others' reference:
My Personal Profile:
- First-time EP applicant. Currently in Singapore.
- Thai, just graduated from one of the renowned universities in Singapore in June.
- Bonded with MOE Tuition Grant that requires to work in Singapore for 3 years.
- Soon-to-work for a Sales position in an MNC tech company.
My EP application timeline (1 Month 2 Weeks):
- 10/09/2021: Applied and Pending
- 01/10/2021: Pending inputs from vetting agencies
- 05/10/2021: We want more inputs from vetting agencies...
- 15/10/2021: Back to Pending
- 21/10/2021: Approved
To those who are international students in Singapore, most people that I know take around 2 weeks to 1 month for the EP to be approved. In my case, it is surprisingly longer than expected. I don't know the exact reason for this delay but based on my employer's talk with the MoM hotline, it might be because the MoM is waiting for the inputs from agencies and it took a longer time than expected.
Additionally, my Student Pass got canceled right after I graduated in June and I was holding Short Term Visit Pass which lasted for three more months. International students are allowed to hold either Short Term Visit Pass (STVP) or 1-year Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP). I first decided to not go for LTVP since I already got a job offer in Mid June. However, there was an internal issue that postponed my EP application date. Thus, I had to extend my STVP for another one month and paid $40.
For those who faced the same situation as me and need a longer stay (Tuition Grant Scholars), I personally found out that we can ask MOE to help issue another letter to support our stay in Singapore by filling in the MOE Tuition Grant inquiry page on the website (https://go.gov.sg/tg-enquiry).
I hope the information I shared would help other expats especially fresh graduate international students. I would like to thank everyone in the forum for sharing so much useful information, which has helped me a lot. Also, I would like to thank Beppi for replying to my question earlier in another forum. Have a great day and hope everyone EP's application goes well :-)!

marshalloo
marshalloo wrote:

Hi guys, here's my info to add to this pool of visa application information.
Will update on the result later.

Nationality: Chinese
Visa: First time applying EP
Industry: Research
Education: Local uni undergraduate, local uni final year Phd
Salary: ~7k
Applied date: 10 Oct 21

Hi guys, an update. EP approved today (25 Oct 21)

EBAE

Just adding to the list as a new applicant:

EP Request done on 22/10/21
Field of work: Cyber Security for large MNC
Salary: 23K+
Start date is hopefully 1/12

Corporate relocation whilst maintaining the same role, only changing country.

sanjeevyadav2019
sanjeevyadav2019 wrote:
sanjeevyadav2019 wrote:

Dear All,

EP applied - 2nd Sept 2021
Additional Documents requested by MoM - 9th Sept 2021
Documents submitted - 28th Sept 2021
Current Result Status - Pending

I'm going to be the first employee of the Singapore office. It is a new setup for the company and our company wants to expand in Asia Pacific region. The company has submitted a letter stating the same. What is the probability of getting an approval in this case? If anyone has the same case.

Thanks

Update

EP Rejected  - 7th Oct

1st Appeal -19th Oct

EBAE
EBAE wrote:

Just adding to the list as a new applicant:

EP Request done on 22/10/21
Field of work: Cyber Security for large MNC
Salary: 23K+
Start date is hopefully 1/12

Corporate relocation whilst maintaining the same role, only changing country.

Status update: EP and DP approved today! Really happy that the ministry was able to turn this around in 10 days!

elissagowika

Hi,

I’m a recent masters graduate from a local uni
Degree from NAFA
Dip from NP
living here since 6 years old, with MOE bond

I’ve applied ep on 22/10/2021 as I am going to work in my school as a researcher, may I know how long it would take for the results? sad.png my stp expires on 4th dec. Current status is “inputs from other agencies”

Thanks!

beppi
elissagowika wrote:

may I know how long it would take for the results?

It takes between two weeks and two months in most cases, but special factors might delay it - especially if the authorities/schools/agencies in your home country do not respond in time.

mcb345
CeeBee_88 wrote:

Hi all here’s a summary of my EP
Applied on 26th Oct 2021
Approved on 8th Nov 2021
Industry: IT

in my case, the application date was 27th Oct 2021, and it still pending from 3rd party checking until now

Also 2nd question, did you pass this stage too (3rd party background checking) ? or straight from pending to approved ?

smdsg

Hi All,

This forum was very insightful for silent lurkers like me.

Sending some hopes to all those who are waiting on their Pass applications.

My status: Resigned from previous job and currently on STVP

Date of EP application : 3 Nov 2021
EPOL Self check Status: Approved on 10 Nov 2021

Awaiting IPA letter and completion of formalities.

As the experts here say, anything can happen please don’t lose heart!

Best wishes

Shekhz
smdsg wrote:

Hi All,

This forum was very insightful for silent lurkers like me.

Sending some hopes to all those who are waiting on their Pass applications.

My status: Resigned from previous job and currently on STVP

Date of EP application : 3 Nov 2021
EPOL Self check Status: Approved on 10 Nov 2021

Awaiting IPA letter and completion of formalities.

As the experts here say, anything can happen please don’t lose heart!

Best wishes

Congrats! That’s a fiery quick one.

Shekhz
KiwitoSinga wrote:

Hi, This thread was very informative. I am a Kiwi and have got a job offer from a startup in Singapore. My employer has applied for my EP on 4th November. The status in the system is still "Record not found". But thats a story for a different day. My question is, my partner's employer in NZ has allowed her to work remotely for however long she wants. Can she continue her work remotely from Singapore in DP? We are planning for her to continue in the same job for 10-12 months before finding local employment. Would anyone have any information around that? Thanks in advance.

Legally, you can’t work in Singapore for a foreign company whilst you are not on a relevant work pass- any kind of work.

Shekhz
KiwitoSinga wrote:

Thanks @shekhz her organisation doesnt have any presence in Singapore. So i reckon the only option is to resign before arriving in Singapore. Not ideal, but yea, it is what it is!

Yes, that’s right. Issue is that if you continue to work without a relevant work pass in SG on a DP and are being paid in a country outside of SG- you violate the employment framework for expats. If Govt learns, you could be charged, penalised and may even be banned from entering SG.

There are a few other threads on the forum, you may want to read through.

beppi

KiwitoSinga: Contrary to what Shekz wrote above, I heard that under certain circumstances it is possible to remotely work on a DP if the employer has no presence in Singapore, no customers here and the results of the work are entirely used abroad.
I have not yet encountered such a case, and this information is hearsay. So you better check with MoM if it is true and how to go about it.
The income for such work (no matter where and how aid) would still be taxable in Singapore, though.
(Remark: I have heard of people doing remote work without permit, too. The chance of being found might be low, but the consequences severe. In addition, it is not allowed to discuss illegal acts on this forum, so I must leave it at that.)

sgexpat107

Thanks to all the unsung heroes who helped administrated the Singapore forum on visa and work pass issues, I've been learning a lot from reading the responses to all the questions here.

Just want to update my work pass application process to give hope to those who are still waiting for the MOM portal's update

Type: S-pass
Date of application: 03-09-2021
Request for foreigner hiring justification from MOM: 13-09-2021
Date of approval: 13-11-2021
Total time of waiting: 10 weeks

Not a first-time pass applicant so this has never happened to me before, I almost took another offer cos I thought the application would never go through, but then finally it did! After week 8 I did nudged the company HR to request for expedition and still it took another 2 weeks for the status changed. For those who are still waiting, you'll get there so do not lose hope and be prepared for backup plan anytime.

Cheers big_smile.png

Shekhz
sgexpat107 wrote:

Thanks to all the unsung heroes who helped administrated the Singapore forum on visa and work pass issues, I've been learning a lot from reading the responses to all the questions here.

Just want to update my work pass application process to give hope to those who are still waiting for the MOM portal's update

Type: S-pass
Date of application: 03-09-2021
Request for foreigner hiring justification from MOM: 13-09-2021
Date of approval: 13-11-2021
Total time of waiting: 10 weeks

Not a first-time pass applicant so this has never happened to me before, I almost took another offer cos I thought the application would never go through, but then finally it did! After week 8 I did nudged the company HR to request for expedition and still it took another 2 weeks for the status changed. For those who are still waiting, you'll get there so do not lose hope and be prepared for backup plan anytime.

Cheers big_smile.png

Congrats! Glad things worked out.

ExpatLahore

Hi guys, my new company applied for my EP on 31/09/2021 and the status is still "We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. " to date. I am just worried that if its take a bit longer, how I would be able to serve my notice period as my current company pass is gonna expire soon and they will soon apply for renewal and get to know that another application is already in progress.

Is there any way my current company can request MOM to let me complete my Notice period in case if my new IPA is approved? since they won't be able to apply renewal then - I would like to server my full notice period ethically.

beppi

You can only work (incl. notice period) if you have a valid work pass.
If MoM does not give your employer a renewal (for whatever reason), this is not possible and they have to lay you off. There is no fault of yours and therefore no ethical dilemma in this!

anilchoudhary84

How long we can expect the status : need inputs from agencies to process this application,  what is going in backend during this status ?

beppi

Anilchoudhary: This has been exhaustively discussed on the forum before, please fund and read related threads!
In short: There is no clear answer, it depends on how fast your home country authorities, schools and agencies reply.

anilchoudhary84

Update , I got my ep approved today,
1st application  18/10/2021: pending

21/10/2021:rejected (related salary )
26/10/2021: applied again with revised salary
29/10/2021: we need inputs from agencies to process ...
16/11/2021: approved,
Thanks and good luck guys

expat20211116

There appears to be an issue with the site. Same case here - applied on 5th and shows "no records found" when I check. My new employer confirms that they can see the status on their side.

Johncena89

Hello all,

First time EP applicant from INDIA

Application date:- 01/11/2021

It's still pending as of today

elissagowika
elissagowika wrote:

Hi,

I’m a recent masters graduate from a local uni
Degree from NAFA
Dip from NP
living here since 6 years old, with MOE bond

I’ve applied ep on 22/10/2021 as I am going to work in my school as a researcher, may I know how long it would take for the results? sad.png my stp expires on 4th dec. Current status is “inputs from other agencies”

Thanks!

Hi! Updating you guys with news, it got approved today!!

Johncena89
Johncena89 wrote:

Hello all,

Hey all

Stil status is pending. What can be the problem

Shekhz
Johncena89 wrote:
Johncena89 wrote:

Hello all,

Hey all

Have you scanned through the forum? Average time is 8-10 weeks, have patience.

beppi
Johncena89 wrote:

There is no problem, just normal process.
Maybe your case is complicated, or the officer in charge has too many cases.
Anyway, there is nothing you can do but wait.

ExpatLahore

Hi guys, my EP got approved in about 3 months smile.png

Applied date: 31st August
Approved date: 23rd November.

Thanks to this community.

sqctp8

did you got rejected and then approved?

ExpatLahore

MOM asked for degree verification after 2 weeks of submitting the application and it took about 3 weeks to get the result from RMI, and then MOM again took about 2 months to approve it. Meanwhile HR asked for updates and they said they were doing verification... they didn't share any other info. So patience is required and in most cases applications get approved smile.png

Thanks & regards.

Srdjanm

Hello,

I have done Ph.D. in Singapore for 4 years and submitted my thesis on 10th of November 2021.

Area: Research, Postdoc-Research fellow
Nationality: Serbian

My process is this:

12th November 2021: HR of the company reaches to me and tells me to pay some company to do the background check and verify my Diploma and accreditation of home Uni.

In the meantime, the job is signed..

31st November 2021: After roughly three weeks, the company that works with MOM comes back with some forms.

2nd December 2021: HR of my company applied for the visa. However, I still can't check my status the day after. I am not sure if it is normal (?), but I guess I will check it on Monday, and if I still can't check it (gives an error message) I might contact HR.

Overall, as I see most ppl get back the response within 2 week-1 month, so I hope I hear back from my case by the end of the year, considering that the company that works with MOM already performed a diploma verification check.

Best,
Srdan

Johncena89
Johncena89 wrote:

Hello all,

Finally approved on 4 December

Thanku all for your guidance

sqctp8

takes almost a year?  are you rejected and then appealed?

beppi

Sqctp: Not the best in Maths, aren't you? Or is it a mistyping?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Relocating to Singapore
    Relocating to Singapore

Moving to a new geography is an exciting step – new home, new friends, new adventures, but leaving your ...

• Moving with your pet to Singapore
    Moving with your pet to Singapore

If you're moving to Singapore and don't want to leave your pet behind, you'll need to follow some ...

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles