Menu
Expat.com

How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

Last activity 17 October 2024 by Juniar Fajrien

ashok101

@mcb345 Applied on 7th March. Approved on 13th March.

mcb345

@ashok101 may I know if you are Malaysian ?

dinesh96

Hai.

I'm currently in India. I got a job offer previously. The employer applied SPass on Jan 11 and it got rejected. They did not apply again.

I got another job offer in February. And the employer applied SPass on Feb 6. My SPass has still not been approved.

I tried to check the SPass status on MOM website. But it shows only the Previous employers application.( INVALID). Why am I not seeing the new application?

beppi

@dinesh96 You only see an application if it is submitted AND entered into the system. If your employer submitted it more than a week ago, they sould contact MoM to find out what is holding it up.

But first make sure what you see as "invalid" is really the old application - and not the already rejected new one!

dinesh96

@beppi alright thank you.

Alexander Chen

This forum has been helpful.

Throw in my 2 cents for other's reference.

21 Mar '23 - First submission

30 Mar '23 - Rejected because wrong entity was sued.

30 Mar '23 - Resubmitted on the same day.

4 Apr '23 - Approved

Pass: EP

vblank95

Hi all,

Is there anyone willing to share their EP application progress applied within the March - April 2023 period. I would like to roughly understand what’s the estimate waiting time of the EP application process during this period.

Thank you so much beforehand!

My Timeline

Vendor Applied : 21/03/23

> Supposedly after 10 working days, there should be an update. But my status is still at:

Pending (Application is being processed)

This is my second time applying for an EP. My first EP was applied back in 2020 with a processing time of under 3 weeks.

Thank you!

Priya R88

@vblank95

Here is my EP status:

Vendor Applied: 27-Mar-2023

Still pending (Application is being processed)

This is my second EP.

First EP was applied in Jun 2022 and it got approved in a week.

vblank95

Hi @Priya R88

thank you for sharing!

Actually I have another thing to wonder. To anyone that can help me clarify…

Must the status go from

Pending => Asking for documents / vetting status => Approved

or it can go directly from

Pending => Approved

beppi

@vblank95 Not all applications need verification - only if there is a doubt, or on a random spot check basis.

vblank95

@beppi I see thanks a lot beppi for the explanation!

and does anyone know, from experience, generally the approval from MOM come in the morning or just before office our ends?

Priya R88

do let us know when you get your result.

I'm also on a nerve wracking wait .

17 calendar days and still pending

bgen
@beppi I see thanks a lot beppi for the explanation!
and does anyone know, from experience, generally the approval from MOM come in the morning or just before office our ends?
-@vblank95

Anyone who experienced. Please kindly help to answer. Thanks

rehanakbar342

Hi,

Here is my EP status:

Vendor Applied: 30-Mar-2023

It shows pending (Application is being processed) till 12 April 2023 morning

but after 6 pm 12 April 2023, it shows no record found

any one have any idea about this please help me

minzsut

Hi All,

Just wanna get more insights about the employment pass application procedure.

So long story short, I got an offer from my new company, and They applied for my EP on the 24th of March 2023. As of now, the status is pending (application is being processed).

I shared this experience to one of my friends who's also holding an EP now. He mentioned a form from MOM with the details of employment that I have to sign to acknowledge whatever the employer declared to MOM on the job. However, my new employer never asked me to sign anything for this EP application.

I am currently on s-pass and I am not really sure about it as this is my first EP application.

I did some research on it and as stated in the MOM's latest EP application procedure they did not mention the form that my friend mentioned to me.

(https://www.mom.gov.sg/-/media/mom/docu … s-pass.pdf)

Should I be worried? Would really appreciate any help and advice smile.png

Priya R88

My EP got approved today.

Applied:27-Mar-2023

Approved - 13-Apr-2023

I'm currently in Singapore on STVP.

It is valid for another 2 months.

My old EP expired last month.

I would like to go back to India and return next week.

Please advise if I can go back using my STVP and come back using my new IPA.

vblank95

@Priya R88

glad to hear that! Hopefully my approval will come soon as well!

beppi

@minzsut Please read my (long) first post in this thread to learn about the processes during a work pass application. EP and S-Pass are the same in this regard!

If additional documents are needed, MoM will contact your employer. But I am puzzled by your statement that you didn't sign anything - an agreed upon employment contract is necessary for them to apply for a work pass!

minzsut

Hi @beppi,

Thank you for your reply and clarification.

I have signed the employment contract and am certain that my employer uses that to apply for my pass. I am puzzled too when my friend mentioned to me that MOM will give me another form to sign.

No worries. I will wait for the approval then.

Will keep this updated!

00DS----

Just want to track my journey here.

Vendor Applied: 27-Mar-2023

Still pending (Application is being processed)

Industry: Tech (SWE)

Monthly salary bump: 2% (absolute number is >9k)

This is my second EP. First EP was applied in Nov 2022. Company didnt do well.

For @Priya R88 what is your new position and what is ur salary bump? I have a similar application date as yours but havent heard anything yet.

minzsut

@00DS---- @vblank95 have you guys gotten your EP yet?

vblank95

@minzsut

Nothing yet, exactly 4 weeks since the day of application

minzsut

@vblank95 mine too! This week is gonna be my 4th week. Not really sure what’s happening.

Hope that we all get the pass soon 💪🏻

00DS----

@minzsut I havent heard anything from mine too.

@vblank and @minzsut have you asked your EP agent to check with MOM? I think the week 4 point is where MOM will give another update or at least thats what my agent told me. Also my agent told me this "we received an update from MOM that the application will require external vetting, and it will take up to 4 weeks to process the EP application." So I hope that she is right/MOM keeps up to their own prediction.

Next Monday will be my forth week. Fingers crossed.

Please update if you have any news from your end.

minzsut

@00DS---- You are right!

I just asked my new HR in regards to my application, mine also says the same as your case (We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time bla bla". My 4th week is gonna be this Friday.

@vblank95 probably you can ask your employer why is yours taking longer. If it's applied on the 21st, today is exactly your 4th week.

Will keep everyone posted

vblank95

@minzsut @00DS----

I see.. let me ask my new HR and see what they say. To clarify, you guys see the status change from Processing to Requiring Verification is it?

minzsut

@vblank95 on our end, it will say “Pending (we are processing your application)”. However, from the company’s MOM platform, it says the requiring verification things.

SV123

Mine is 3 weeks now. It is mentioned as pending. Applied 28th march. I used to be able to check with my passport number and FIN number until last Friday. but after last Friday when I enter my passport number, the site says 'no record found', but my FIN number still works.

Niv81

Hi.

My EP application was submitted by the employer on the 25th February.

on the 8th of March the employer received an email from MOM that they require more time to process the application.

The status on the online system on the employer side changed to “We need inputs from external agencies to process this application. In most cases it takes 4 weeks, some cases it takes longer” not exactly sure when this status changed. The employer only checked on the 17th of March.

Today marks the 8th week since the date of application. The status is still pending.

MOM has confirmed to the employer that they do not require and additional information from the employer or employee and they are waiting for some updates from external agencies. And we’ve been asked to wait for an update from MOM

I am only able to track the application using FIN number. Until last Friday I was able to use both, passport and FIN to track the status.

SV123

Happened to me as well regarding the use of FIN number only to track the application from last Friday.

@Niv81 - hope you get yours soon.

Guesrposter651

@sv123 have u got approval??

Guesrposter651

@SV123 mine also same case as like yours. Employer had applied E pass for me on March 28... Still in pending.

BeeOhDee

Sharing my 3rd EP journey

Applied: 14 April 2023 (Afternoon)

Approved: 19 April 2023 (Checked at 10am)

3 working days (including the submitting day)

workhardpartyharder

Hi,

My employer has applied for EP IPA and its been more than 1month now and MOM is not willing to provide any information. The status shows pending and that's it. Is there any way to find out why the application is pending? All my paperwork is complete including my education certificates verified by MOM assigned agency.

I hold an Indian passport, Can i get any help/pointers on how to move this forward positively?

minzsut

@BeeOhDee That was fast! Congratulations!

To those of you who are still waiting (especially the March batch), please update if you heard any news from your end!

I'm still waiting too.

@workhardpartyharder you should consult with your new HR about this. Most likely would be because MOM needs an external agency to assess. Same as mine and @00DS---

workhardpartyharder

@minzsut Thank you. They did raise concerns and asked to submit degree certificate verification done by 3rd party agency and my HR got the certificates verified in a couple of weeks and submitted a positive report. And it's been 4 weeks now since the report was submitted. Still no update. When HR queries or calls MOM, they just say it's pending and are not willing to share more information.

beppi

@workhardpartyharder One month is still well within the normal processing time of 6 - 8 weeks, so you need to be a bit more patient. MoM never gives more information than "pending" at this stage. If additional documents or clarifications are needed, they will contact the employer.

workhardpartyharder

@beppi My timeline has been:

Application submitted on 29th Feb'23

MOM asked to verify the degree certificate - 7th March'23

HR submitted the report from HireRight - on 22nd March'23

And Since then no update, MOM guys informed HR that it may take up to 3 weeks but it's almost a month now. I hope there is some movement in the coming days.

Niv81

@workhardpartyharder

my application date was 25th Feb 2023

no additional documents were requested.

the status for the employer shows “vetting from 3rd party agencies”

I will be completing 8 weeks of waiting this week.

the Employer hasn’t been able to receive any additional info from MOM and we’ve been told to wait as well.

I’m a Malaysian passport holder.

Niv81

@workhardpartyharder

you mean 28th Feb or 29th March?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Relocating to Singapore
    Relocating to Singapore

Moving to a new geography is an exciting step – new home, new friends, new adventures, but leaving your ...

• Moving with your pet to Singapore
    Moving with your pet to Singapore

If you're moving to Singapore and don't want to leave your pet behind, you'll need to follow some ...

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles