Menu
Expat.com

How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

Last activity 17 October 2024 by Juniar Fajrien

beppi

@Marzipan007 The EPOnline system is no longer acessible for job-seekers.

You should ask your employer to check your status instead!

(The recent changes are explained here: https://www.mom.gov.sg/eservices/servic … s-eservice)

rchlrdc

@Marzipan007 me too!!

Marzipan007

Thanks @beppi. The "Check work pass and application status"  is currently 🔴 undergoing for maintenance. Past few days shows 24/7 🟢Service Online but unable to proceed.

Will check back later @rchlrdc

https://www.mom.gov.sg/eservices/servic … ion-status

rchlrdc

I’ve checked the MOM website today and my spass application was approved!! Waited for 3 business days.

beppi

@rchlrdc Congratulations!

The window of possible work pass processing times is clearly widening: It used to be 2 weeks to two monts, but now we see people like you, who are approved (or rejected) in days, and others are waiting for many months.

Ali Rakhman

Hi, i am currently waiting for my EP..

Pending

Your application is being processed.

it is showing this status since June 25th 24, should i be worry... i keep asking to the HR team and no clear explanation

thanks

rchlrdc

@beppi thank you!! I didn’t expect that it would take days for it to be approved. usually how long would they send the IPA to the employer once it is approved?

Marzipan007

My timeline took 2 weeks for the first submission of application with docs, turned out to be invalid. Appeal was submitted and took 2 days for the approval. Now waiting for IPA docs from HR. All the best to everyone who's waiting 🙏🏼

F4i54L

Hi @Marzipan007..

Did MOM give the reason for invalid submission of your SPass, and what is the reason (if you kind to share in this forum)?

Thanks..

Marzipan007

@F4i54L it was not made known to me explicitly but HR did a revision of salary prior to submitting an appeal.

stardusttattoos

Hi everyone,I'm an EP holder and have accepted a new job with a different employer. The new employer said they have processed my new EP application. However, I don't see the new application in the MOM system https://www.mom.gov.sg/eservices/servic … n-statusIn the past, whenever a new employer applies for a new EP the new application shows in the system almost immediately. Hence my question is: should I be worried that the new employer/their agency have actually not applied yet or the submission didn't go through and I should ask them to re-apply?Thank you! Appreciate the insights.

beppi

@stardusttattoos It takes a few days (up to a week, in busy periods) for a submitted application to be entered into MoM's system. If the application is still not shown after that, the employer should contact MoM to find out what went wrong!

sktskie

@beppi This site also can be seen a status of EP processing. I have been checked "No record" for two weeks but the status was changed to "Pending"  after HR informed your application is pending via email.

jokjokjoko

Wanted to share my experience guys:

EP renewal application: July 29, 2024

MOM ask further documents i.e. certifications, CV and justification letter from HR as the company and I did not meet the required COMPASS points : August 7, 2024

EP Approved for 36 months: September 18, 2024

EP approved after 1 month & 19 days.  Definitely worth the wait and praise God for the approval. Keep praying ☺

stardusttattoos

Hi just wanted to updated here, the reason why my EP application was initially not reflected in the gov site: https://www.mom.gov.sg/eservices/servic … ion-status is because my employer had in fact NOT applied yet. The moment they hit apply, it then became reflected in the gov site and its been pending since then. According to MOM - they will give an updated after 10 business days so I'm still within this period now.For those of you where all is in order in your application (education certificates reverified correctly, your new employer is up to date with MOM in paying levy fees on time, you met COMPASS points, etc) and MOM does not request any additional documents - have any of you gotten the approval within 10 business days or did it drag any longer?Thank you

Nandy01

Hello @jokjokjoko,Good to know that there are chances that we get EP even if we don't get enough COMPASS points (anyway it will varies from company to company though)Just need small info: Are you meeting EP minimum salary limit? (eg: 30yrs non financial service EP qualifying salary: 6750SGD - link for EP salary limit: https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi … ligibility) Thanks

beppi

@stardusttattoos The processing time is 4 - 8 weeks in most cases. Approvals within 10 days are rare.

jokjokjoko

@Nandy01 hi, for the C1 Salary I got 10points but did not reach 20, Total points I got was only 30 as per HR.

Nandy01

@Nandy01 hi, for the C1 Salary I got 10points but did not reach 20, Total points I got was only 30 as per HR.

-@jokjokjoko

Thanks for the info

MsPokemonmaster145

Hi all, company recently applied for EP on around 24 September, then the pending status appeared on 2 October on the website. It hasn't changed since then. For background, am a NUS recent graduate serving the tuition grant.

Will I be notified of the results? I've been checking the website everyday as HR says to monitor from there. Will HR know first or ?

Thanks in advance!

beppi

@MsPokemonmaster145 The employer is the actual applicant for your EP and thus will be informed by MoM.

MsPokemonmaster145

@beppi I see, is it the case that the status might be pending but my employer has already been informed of the results? Or does the online status reflect the actual status?

beppi

@MsPokemonmaster145 The notification to the employer and/or the online status update may be delayed for a few days due to various circumstances.

MsPokemonmaster145

I see, I will try and contact HR since it has already been 2 weeks since the pending status. Really worried here since my start date was already postponed by 2 weeks for the EP.

beppi

@MsPokemonmaster145 The EP processing time is usually 4 - 8 weeks, with some cases taking even longer. You are worrying too early - patience is the key here!

MsPokemonmaster145

Got the EP approved yesterday, thanks god.

- EP applied 1 Oct

- EP results 16 Oct

Looks like similar timings for tuition grant students from my friends' anecdotes. Around 2 -3 weeks.

Juniar Fajrien

@jokjokjoko Hi Mas Joko, happy to hear your EP renewal has been approved for next 36 months and its good to know that there is possibility EP can be approved even its not hit 40 points, anyway may i know your education background got some points or its 0? Thanks.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Relocating to Singapore
    Relocating to Singapore

Moving to a new geography is an exciting step – new home, new friends, new adventures, but leaving your ...

• Moving with your pet to Singapore
    Moving with your pet to Singapore

If you're moving to Singapore and don't want to leave your pet behind, you'll need to follow some ...

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles