Menu
Expat.com

Successes in your career in Saudi Arabia

Last activity 23 June 2018 by GuestPoster69325

Priscilla

Hello,

Becoming an expat means starting over in a new country, and a lot of times that also means starting over in your career as well.

How have your skills and experiences evolved since moving to Saudi Arabia?

What does being successful in your career mean to you?

Can you share some tips about what to do and what to avoid in order to advance in your professional career in Saudi Arabia?

Can you share an inspirational career story with us?

Did you have to change careers or adapt your career to fit the job demands in Saudi Arabia?

How do you balance a successful career with your personal and social life?

What are the benefits of having work experience in different countries?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Engr. Muhammad Wajid Mehmood
Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the jobs section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Alomgir

Everything is well allhumdullah

azfar789

If you are in HR...every day is a challenge to survive... iagree.gif

ravikkanth

The problem with Saudi Arabia is not the work which is a problem but the process you have to undergo to get your permit and salary is so time consuming and will be frustrating for a beginner. There doesn't seem to be any solution and Saudi employers don't care.  Hope I caN receive advice regarding this.

Fazalrehman588

Alhamdulillah everything is good

Syed Azam al hasni

Hi All

I m living in Saudi Arabia for the last 5 years and I wanted to share my experience living in Saudi Arabia.

I worked in small IT company based in riyadh as a technical support engineer, today I would like to share my experience with my work employer.

1)  Firstly I would like to share my experience of being in such a bad company unfortunately.

The current company where I’m working they hired me five year back.
As per my contract they did not fulfill what they promise me in my contract offer letter, when I reached Saudi Arabia the company changed their words and what ever written in contract is not fulfill.

So I suggest everyone who wants to come Saudi Arabia don’t come here unless you have trust for anyone who wants to hire you , I think some people are good but I did not faced anyone like this here no human living here, no one is human here they are animals they treat everyone here as slave and think that if they have money they can buy anything.

Thanks

Naved Yasser

Working in Saudi Arabia since the past 3 years, I have learned a lot about my trade that is electrical engineering.  There are a lot more things I am yet to learn. So, I keep my focus on my profession and keep learning more and more. Benefited with the time I have here, I keep studying, reading technical magazines, searching on google anything and everything concerned with my trade.

Romeo Espiritu

I just want to share my experiences in abroad, particularly in Brunei & Saudi Arabia. Working abroad is a big sacrifice because we will be away from our love ones, but for reasons of our children future specially in their education, we overcome homesickness thinking of their future. Majority of Expat strongly face challenges to face bullies of bosses everynow & then. I have learned & experienced that workers leaved their company due to bad bosses. Usually bosses imposed the principle of "the boss is always right". And I am one of them, I leaved my Company due to bad bosses. If you think you are right, insist and fight for it, even it means your termination. That's it.

Manar Al Rakib

i am in KSA since last two decades. there was many ups and downs in my life. But surely i liked to work with Saudis than with any other foreigners. if we are honest and lucky to have a God-fearing Saudi sponsor, your future will be in safe hands.

Peter Krcmarik

I have spent 5 years in KSA and i cannot complain. If you will find a friendly and smart way how to deal with international working environment and local people you can spend in KSA more years without any problem and you can find a lot of new friends.

GuestPoster69325

Hi! I was saddened upon reading your post and i cant help to wonder why you have let your self locked in for 5 years in that situation. I believe you can always look and apply in other company once your contract is done. Hoping for the best in your career, Clara.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

• Starting a business in Saudi Arabia
    Starting a business in Saudi Arabia

With Saudi businesses increasing by 16 percent in the final quarter of 2023 and a 23% increase in commercial ...

• Working in Saudi Arabia
    Working in Saudi Arabia

Finding a job in Saudi Arabia is mostly done before entering the country. Employment visas are still the most ...

• Working in Jubail
    Working in Jubail

Jubail is a city in the eastern province of Saudi Arabia, and it has a population of around 500,000 people. It is ...

• Working in Riyadh
    Working in Riyadh

As the capital city of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh is one of the biggest urban communities in the country and is home to ...

• Working in Dammam
    Working in Dammam

Dammam, the Eastern province's capital city, is a very dynamic city in Saudi Arabia, almost as much as Khobar. ...

• Working in Jeddah
    Working in Jeddah

Jeddah is the most diverse city in Saudi Arabia. It is home to 3,75 million people and to the largest ...

• Working in Yanbu
    Working in Yanbu

Yanbu, which is found near the Red Sea, is deemed to be a port and industrial city. Situated on the ancient ...

• Internships in Saudi Arabia
    Internships in Saudi Arabia

Performing an internship in Saudi Arabia can be an interesting and enriching experience for young professionals. ...

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles