Menu
Expat.com

Kuwait expats social gathering -Friday (July 27th)

Last activity 05 October 2021 by Rickow

Moo

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to organize a social gathering on next Friday (July 27th).

This gathering is for both new and old Expats in Kuwait, whether you have recently moved to Kuwait or you have only lived here for a while, you are welcome to join us to exchange experiences and socialize in a friendly environment.

Here are my suggestions:

1- Go to a nice cafe for coffee.
2- Breakfast at 8:30 am in Souk Mubarakiya in a traditional restaurant (cost 2 to 3 kd per person).
3-Bowling.

You are more than welcome to make suggestions on where to go and what activities to do as well.

Regards

Anas

Hi Moo,

It would be better if you create an event for this gathering under the Events in Kuwait section.
It will benefit from more visibility and can be of interest to members.

Best of luck.
Anas,
https://www.expat.com team smile.png

Guestposter510

Hi Moo (and All)
The prospect of a social get-together sounds like an excellent idea. It's just the kind of thing the I will be looking for when I arrive in Kuwait from late August. Therefore, I'll miss the one you're organising soon. However, I'll keep an eye open for any further social events that you might organise.
Thanks for starting thing off. I'd very much like to get to a later event.
Best wishes for Friday the 27th.

Moo

Hi Flimsy,

Thank you for your feedback.

Definitely , i will plan to do it on weekly or monthly basis and we will be organizing some events in August too.

I'm looking forward to meet you on August.

Thank you,

Ribosom

Hey Moo, excellent idea, I'm in!

Raazlive

Is this happening ?

Moo

Yes , it's happening:
I need to know which of the following do you like to do:

1- Go to a nice cafe for coffee.
2- Breakfast at 8:30 am in Souk Mubarakiya in a traditional restaurant (cost 2 to 3 kd per person).
3-Bowling.

You are more than welcome to make suggestions on where to go and what activities to do as well.

Regards

Ribosom

For me anything works, and I am in. Mubarakiya sounds good, I love that place.

RAJASRI

Yes pl let me know where this is happening.

Moo

Hello everyone,

I want to confirm our gathering tomorrow :

Time : 9:00 AM
Activity :  Breakfast in small traditional restaurant.

For any questions please send PM and I will share my phone number.

Regards

Moo

Thanks for who came today morning at Souq Mubarakiya and who couldn't make it , you can come in the future gathering.

US_beach_girl

Moo
Hate I joined expats after the event. Please post a new one! Any photos of the 27th?

Moo

Hi US_beach_girl

Unfortunately we forget to take pictures. Definitely we will plan for a new  gathering soon !

RAJASRI

Yes pl let us know. I will come fr sure.

No1 aarya

Ooo i missed this gathering

justfedup

I suggest a gathering be made well into September when most people would be back from vacations. I'd be in too.

Moo

We will do in September too . At moment I'm planning for a new gathering soon.

Jonill

Im in on sept😊

Moo

Hello everyone,

We will do our next gathering on Thursday August 23rd.

Please give your suggestions?

Below are my suggestions:

1- Go to marina mall (morning)
2- have lunch in Kuwaiti traditional restaurant in Salmiya ( afternoon)
3-Go to Bulivard mall.

Moo

Unfortunately due to low attendance we had to Postpone the gathering to next Thursday
( August 30).

the_hurricane

Can we do this again anytime soon? smile.png

Rickow

Someone should setup a whatsapp group.
I'm not smart enough to do this, there were very active Ozzy and Kiwi whatsapp groups in Dubai which was great for information sharing, sports groups etc.
Just a thought.
Rick

Articles to help you in your expat project in Kuwait

• Leisure activities in Kuwait
    Leisure activities in Kuwait

People might assume there isn't much to do in Kuwait as the country is so small, but that would be wrong! The ...

• Banking and finances in Kuwait
    Banking and finances in Kuwait

Soon after arriving in Kuwait, you will likely want to open a Kuwaiti bank account. Opening a bank account can be ...

• How to drive in Kuwait
    How to drive in Kuwait

If you are planning to move to Kuwait, obtaining a driver's license should be at the top of your to-do list! While ...

• Find the best location to live in Kuwait
    Find the best location to live in Kuwait

It is important for us to live in a community that we feel comfortable and secured. I wrote this article for ...

• Phones and internet in Kuwait
    Phones and internet in Kuwait

Staying in touch with friends and family both inside and outside of Kuwait couldn't be easier with today's ...

• Accommodation in Kuwait
    Accommodation in Kuwait

One of the first things you will need to take care of when moving to Kuwait is your accommodation. If you're ...

• The tax system in Kuwait
    The tax system in Kuwait

One of the most attractive features of working in Kuwait for expats is its tax-free personal income environment. ...

• Finding jobs in Kuwait
    Finding jobs in Kuwait

I would like to give you some tips on how to market your skills to stand out from the crowd. I've ...

All of Kuwait's guide articles