Menu
Expat.com

Application for AEP

Last activity 06 August 2018 by flex14

CherHow

Hi all,

My girlfriend, a Filipino engaged a firm to help set up a small business here. It is a sole proprietor with my girlfriend as owner. She will be hiring me to help with the business.

The firm helping us did everything for the business set up until the application of AEP. The person representing them told us that my AEP needs an approval from DOJ which includes putting 2 filipinos as understudy to my role. Also, she volunteered herself and my girlfriend to be the understudy.

I read up online and didnt see any requirements for that. When i asked her to show me the requirement, she told me that the latest form from DOLE is not updated. I found it really weird that such a requirement wasnt documented. She continued to tell us that the officer at DOLE claims that my gf's company falls under the negative list B, section 6 which is a domestic entity with less than 200,000 USD capital. This is simply ridiculous since the negative list pertains to firms with foreign equity. My gf is setting up a filipino sole proprietor.

Is my understanding wrong? Did i miss out something?

JHS2

The AEP application needs to be completed and turned into DOLE. Then the position needs to be advertised in the newspaper. If no one qualified applies, then another afternoon is placed states you are being hired.

flex14

The question where is what role or position is your girlfriend's business offering you.

You must know that filipinos come first when it comes to job. So even if the company is owned by your girlfriend, you will still have to go through the legitimate procedure of her hiring you.  i do not know what business it is, but if the position is not something in line with language so that you have an upper hand, and if it is not of high experience that can not be found in the philippines. Then i did say forget it.

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Philippines

All of the Philippines's guide articles