Menu
Expat.com

Hey everyone!!!!!

Last activity 22 July 2011 by pinky9x

crolla04

My name is Matt and i will be moveing to Hanoi in the middle of july. Just on here to find some friends and get as much info as possible befor i move. So  any advice is welcome. I hope to hear from you all soon.

Matt

Armand

Hello Matt!

Welcome to Expat.com smile.png

Armand

filmfinder

Matt, welcome to Hanoi.
Pls tell us what kinds of info you want to know?

crolla04

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I looking for some good paces to eat, Where expats like to hange out, Just basicly some good places to meet good people and make friends.

Matt

filmfinder

I specially like drinking Hanoi beer, therefore, I usually call my foreign friends to go to Ta Hien to drink. I can also mention Sword Lake (Ho Guom) where expats like hanging out everytime. For meeting good people, I found it quite hard for me to answer because Hanoian often to be good person, for instance, like me smile.png

Dang Chau

crolla04

I am a big fan of beer and will definatly check out sword lake

filmfinder

I am very happy to hear that, call me if you wanna try the strong taste of Hanoi beer smile.png

Chau

vokimthoa

Hi guys,
I can't drink much beer but I like Hanoi beer, too and want to join. Haha. Is it Ok? :p
Matt, Hanoi is really a great city and u will never regret travelling here ^^. It's very easy to make friend with people here because Vietnamese people is very friendly and full of hospitality.
Come here, find some friends and they'll help you discover everything about Hanoi and Vietnamese culture as well.
Cheers,
Thoa ^^

filmfinder

Thoa, it's nice to meet you smile.png

Châu

vyx

Hi everyone.
I would like to use this opportunity to present myself.
I just arrived to Hanoi 10 days ago. I will stay here for 1 year and a half dor work but I don't know anybody here yet so it would be nice to make some friends foreign or local.
So whenever you guys want to hang out, go to a bar or something, please let me know. i would love to meet you all.

See you.
vyxuyen

_Pandora_

Hello everyone,

I've been here for almost 3 months. I don't know many friends here either sad.png Furthermore, I'm very very shy... so things turn out to be so difficult. Help!!!

filmfinder

It seems necessary for us to have an admin smile.png As a local people living in Hanoi at present, I am very happy to meet you guys. Would you like to go drinking beer? wink.png)

Christine

Welcome to Expat-blog vyxuyen and _Pandora_ ! smile.png

vyx

How about tomorrow night? smile.png

thorny_rose

Hi guys, i want to participate, too. But it's deeply sorry, i'm not in Ha Noi now.roll.png i miss HN, miss my friends so much. Special is Cau Giay dict and ancient streets. Enjoy your life in Ha Noi. ^^

filmfinder

Oh, I'm so sorry Vyx. I was very busy last weekend so I did not read you above reply . I think a Hanoi beer meeting at this friday evening would be so great? What is your opinion, guys?

mun neko

Hi, nice to meet every one!
This the first time I join in here. It funny forum! hihi:D
May we make friends each others?

filmfinder

It's nice to meet you, mun neko smile.png

mun neko

Thank to you! Are you in Ha Noi? Interesting nickname! you like film very much, dont you?cool.png

filmfinder

Yeah, thnks for your share, however I dont have enough time for watching them smile.png

lovelycat87

Hi every body!
Im the new member. I was a language student, so I really want to make friends with any one who speak English. Im quite graceful, lovely and open- hearted. I like coffe, beer,.. (Many thing men like). Im very happy when you contact to me. Yahoo nick: hoamattroi_mthn. Email: vannhi23@gmail.com. Thank so much!

mschi.vn69

Hi, Iam Chi. Nice to meet you all.
^-^

vyx

Hey everyone.

We should try to schedule a meeting together. It would be nice!

Are you guys available next week?
Do you prefer a week day or during weekends?

Making the first step is the most important. Let me know smile.png

mun neko

So kool!
It is enjoyable to meet the others!
I would like to take a beer party not wine. I do not like wine.lol.png
How about every one ?
Let me know the time:cool:

filmfinder

It's great to hear that.

Except tuesday, im almost free next week. It's glad to meet u all smile.png

lovelycat87

I think the best is sunday! I hope we will arrange a meeting soon!

mun neko

I have no ideas!
ooops! Today I have so much trouble to bored with.
This is bad weekend enough. dadada:cool:

tung83http

Hello Matt! My name is Tung, i'm working in Hanoi. If you need my help pls call me when you arrive Hanoi.
My phone number: +84906266645
See you!

jennieokee

Hey Matt, what is bringing you to Hanoi, are you going to be working/teaching/travelling?

I just arrived here 3 days ago, doing a 12 months internship with one other guy named Sam, would be mroe than happy to share what i have learnt n go for a drink when u get here... by mid-July should have quite alot to tell you!

Jen

mun neko

hello, Jen.
What about you ?
How do you feel about my city?cool.png
You are really lovely girl. Nice to talk with you about drink
lol.png

jennieokee

so far i am enjoying hanoi, got a motorbike today so i am happy!!! yes drink would be nice, have you lived here all your life?
Jen

vyx

How much did you pay for your motorbike if I may ask?

I am willing to buy one at a correct price but I don't know anything about it nor do I know how ride one... :p

jennieokee

i am just renting... the guy dropped it off to me today, cost 900,000 D per month!

filmfinder

Hi guys,

It seems hard for us to have a meet, hehe. Iam now working in Hang Trong street, near Sword Lake. Anyone of you who like to have a coffee meet, please call me smile.png

thorny_rose

Hi guys,

There was a meetting happen last week for all you? Im curious to knows about it? big_smile.png

lovelycat87

Im working at hang mam. Hihi, Invite me coffee?

lostsouls

I would love to explore Hanoi too. But I gotta settle down in HCMC 1st.big_smile.pngbig_smile.pngbig_smile.png

chuppi

Hi Matt ^^ Welcome to Ha Noi. Hope you enjoy my city and if you need help or want to know some places to visit you can contact with me "Chuppidoon_2005@yahoo.com"
Have good days in Ha Noi!

Harmonie

Hi chuppi!

Welcome to Expat.com. smile.png

I hope that you will have a lot of nice contacts.

Harmonie. smile.png

chuppi

Thank Harmonie ^^ I hope that I can help every one who want to visit Ha Noi!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Hanoi

• Finding a job in Hanoi
    Finding a job in Hanoi

With Vietnam's new visa regulations, you will need to secure a job before entering the country. Opportunities to ...

• Accommodation in Hanoi
    Accommodation in Hanoi

Historic, beautiful, and full of charm. Phrases like this are all synonymous with the wonderful city of Hanoi. As ...

• Working in Hanoi
    Working in Hanoi

The traditional capital of Vietnam is quickly becoming a professional's paradise. Attracting over 20,000 ...

• The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi
    The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi

Formerly known as Thang Long, Vietnam's present capital city was renamed Hanoi in 1831. This enchanting, ...

• Sports activities in Hanoi
    Sports activities in Hanoi

We know there's a lot of attention on the drinking culture in Hanoi, but what about the options for a healthy ...

• Developing your social circle in Hanoi
    Developing your social circle in Hanoi

Moving to Hanoi can be a challenging venture. After integrating into the culture and trying to understand the ...

• Buying property in Hanoi
    Buying property in Hanoi

With its economy on the rise and a plethora of exciting and innovative projects in the pipeline, Hanoi should be ...

• Student life in Hanoi
    Student life in Hanoi

Enrolling at university is an exciting milestone in any young adult's life. For many prospective students, it ...

All of Hanoi's guide articles