Turk Telekom problem

I am just writing to enquire if anybody else is experiencing internet connection problems.  My apartment in Kozyatağı is connected to Turk Telekom for the last 12 days I have had no service of any kind.  The school that I work for has asked what the problem is only to be answered that, it will be fixed, sometime, it is a big problem, and remember Turkey is still a developing country!   I am going crazy Turk Telekom has not heard of customer service and gives the impression it simply doesn't care...

Thank your lucky stars you are not dealing with Turk Cell.

One of the biggest issues in Turkey is when something goes wrong, for example the fiber is damaged or a communication equipment piece goes out of service, the ordering process takes time and can be a couple of days. In the event of fiber/internet, your best bet is to go to the nearest call center/office and lodge a complaint there. You are more likely to find the true source of the problem there. Take a Turkish speaking native with you and don't leave till you have a satisfactory answer.

I can feel your woes, but this is why it is extremely important to have a backup connection.

Thank you, I will.  I am buying mobile internet for my Christmas

Hello there, Turk Telekom is a major internet provider here in Turkey but they have a poor customer service. You most likely have internet service in your apartment but your modem might not setup properly. PM me, I might be able to help you to setup your modem via email.

Thank you Guvens, the lights came back on my modem yesterday.  You were right the modem did have to be reconfigured.  13 days.  Lucky I guess!

I remember when I first arrived here in August, the apartment block was left without electricity for 24 hours.  12 stories high, I asked what do I do?  What about the old people?  My Turkish colleague advised me ‘buy some candles'.  I think the lesson I will be taking away with me from living in Istanbul is, always be prepared for anything to happen at anytime!  Which with hindsight is not too bad a thing.

:top:

You live in a good area, uptime of services in your area should be %99 unless there is a major work around your building. I guess you are kinda unlucky 13 days without internet and 24 hours black out. I hope you wont face any other problems.

@Guvens hello me too i need help the modem is not working

@Guvens i need help too please if you can

@alyaa abuzid

Hello, please call the customer service of your provider.

Regards

Bhavna

@Guvens For Internet I am not with Turk Telekom (they might be good, I do not know), I am with another provider (100 MB), quite stable and very fine for me (good customir service). EUR 200 per year.

Of course higher speed is possible, but 100 MB is fine for me (us). (Netlix, Audible notably)

@Guvens So many providers

@cdw057 I do not need 4 K