Belgium Visa Processing Timeline and Documentation

May i ask if someone also have the status in IBZ web like this what does it mean.¹

Datum beslissing/Status Dossier Dec 8 :

"In afwachting ontvangst van documenten die de visumaanvraag ondersteunen en die door de Belgische diplomatieke/consulaire post per diplomatieke valies verzonden wordt."   

• extra info1:    Het visumdossier wordt slechts behandeld op het ogenblik van ontvangst van de betrokken documenten, ook al werd de visumaanvraag eerder via elektronische weg overgemaakt. Gemiddeld genomen neemt de verzending van de diplomatieke valies één maand in beslag. De behandelingsduur van de visumaanvraag hangt dan af van de complexiteit van het dossier. Indien een dossier nog in behandeling is of indien het dossier nog niet behandeld is omdat gewacht wordt op de verzending per diplomatieke valies van de documenten die de visumaanvraag ondersteunen, verschijnt als datum, de datum waarop de visumaanvraag geregistreerd werd door de Dienst Vreemdelingenzaken.
  • extra info2:    In principe wordt de beslissing verzonden op de dag dat ze getroffen wordt. Het kan echter soms enkele dagen duren voordat de diplomatieke of consulaire post de beslissing effectief ontvangt.

You will be asked for additional information. Check your email if you received an ask for extra documents. If not you will receive soon (a letter or email or communication from VFS).

@Aneesh

Thank you Aneesh

Hello, I would want to seek advice from all of you. I have an Estonia Tourist visa in process through the Belgian consulate in my native country (Nigeria). I've read several stories on here about people's experiences with the long wait and their visa applications being forwarded to the foreigners office, as it is currently happening to me(25days today of Application submission). But my query is; my intended date of arrival in the EU area is in 7 days, but I just received the email of Application transfer to Foreigners Office, which I am sure will take more than a week for their Decision, but the difficulty here is;

My intended date of arrival to the EU territory is in 7days, but I just received the email of Application transfer to Foreigners Office, which I am sure will take more than a week for their decision, but the problem here is that I have paid hotel reservations and sightseeing tickets for the intended date, which should start in 7days time, and I have a grace period to cancel and refund if my travel date changes, but I will not be able for refund again from the first day of the intended arrival. SHOULD I CANCEL THE ITINERARY? Will it have no effect on my decision?

Please What Step should i take ?

Has Anyone recently applied for visa in VFS for family reunion and primary applicant together. I am applying for my wife and minor together with me in VFS. Are the documents checklist same or any additional documents is required? How long it takes to get the visa stamped for all?

@watobiyusuff I would have suggested you cancel but I don't kn if it will affect the process.  But from what I see from different pple the decision has always taken at least 3months

@Chinmoy02 yes the documents are same. It takes at least 3months . When did you apply

@nadeshn I already have WP. i am asking for visa. I need to join work next month end.  Normally we get visa in 3-4 days what i read from everyone.

Do i need to pay adminstrative fees for my wife? i read it if its single application spouse is not required to pay fees. We are applying together for visa.

@Chinmoy02

yes, you need

Has Anyone recently applied for visa in VFS for family reunion and primary applicant together. I am applying for my wife and minor together with me in VFS. Are the documents checklist same or any additional documents is required? How long it takes to get the visa stamped for all?

-@Chinmoy02

I have submitted my application to reunite with my husband since 29th Jan

The the Embassy asked to update my husband's civil status. We cant do it yet until i arrive in Belgium.

After over 3 months, its just sent to the Foreign Affair to examine.

The checklist will be different from each other a bit

@Chinmoy02

can you tell what kind of visa are you applying for you and your wife?

The fees are shown clearly on the ibz website

Hi what does weigering mean they posted this on 3/28/2024 and they havent posted another thing yet

Hi all,

I got an offer in Brussels and I am gathering all the documents to apply for the the single permit.

I have a question related to my bachelor's degree. It was issued outside EU and I translated to Dutch, but the original copy is not with a apostille. Do you think that could be a problem?

Any of you got the single permit with a non-EU degree without apostille?

Thanks!

Hello

I have an offer in Brussels.

My question is regarding the documents for the Work permit.

I see its basically just the Medical Certificate and the PCC.

Does the PCC need to be apostilled for Work Permit or only Visa.

Also, does my degree need to be apostilled?

@shivamgrover21

hi in order to get a d visa to belgium do we need tk wait until we get the annexe 46 to apply for the belgium visa or just the work permit is sufficient

@Doroman297 wait for annexe 46 and then get an appointment in the Belgian embassy in your country to get visa D stamped on your passport.

Thanks