Menu
Expat.com

Giving Birth in Cairo

Last activity 19 June 2019 by GuestPoster340

EllyAhmedAli

We did IVF here in Cairo (I'm American, husband is Egyptian) and had a great experience with that overall. We're expecting twins after 1 try al7. I'm at 35 weeks and we've had to change doctors 3 times due to insurance changes, so I'm quite nervous as we've only seen our doctor now a few times. I will be having a Ceserean in a few weeks. I really want to hear any experience anyone has giving birth in Egypt. Please tell me how long ago and where and information you feel comfortable giving. We have been advised to use Abdel Kader alFahmy in Nasr City. It's a hospital only for women which is a plus but won't let my husband be with me during surgery. Originally, we we're to go to Queens but we're advised to go here due to their Intensive care unit (for me and babies) and on-site blood bank. Still not 100% comfortable with this choice though. Any feedback or advice is welcomed and appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Weully

Congratulations 🎊 you're very lucky, l I know a friend, when she was having a baby, it was at a hospital in 5th settlement, I don't remember the name but can check for you, but she said it was the easiest thing she can ever remember going to a doctor, the process the preparation was all professional easy and not expensive, plus her husband was in allowed in without a problem.

EllyAhmedAli

Thanks for your reply. Sure, if you can find out the name for me that would be great.

ShiFFo

"Queens" is far better -and cleaner- than "AbdelKader Fahmy".

GuestPoster340

Can I ask where you had your IVF?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Egypt

• Water Safety in Egypt
    Water Safety in Egypt

The government claims the tap water is safe; however, every recommends that you do NOT drink it. It is best to ...

• Healthcare in Egypt
    Healthcare in Egypt

Are expatriates eligible to health care services in Egypt? What are the relating conditions and formalities? Find ...

• Hospitals in Cairo
    Hospitals in Cairo

I've had the unfortunate experience of having to go to the emergency room in Cairo. Below is some advice on ...

• Opening a bank account in Egypt
    Opening a bank account in Egypt

Looking forward to open a bank account in Egypt? Find out how to proceed in this article.

• Leisure in Egypt
    Leisure in Egypt

Wondering what you can do during your leisure time in Egypt? Movies, football, diving, culture and history... Feel ...

• Traveling to Egypt with your pet
    Traveling to Egypt with your pet

Can expatriates travel to Egypt with their pets? What are the relating conditions and formalities? Find out in ...

• Transportation in El Rehab City
    Transportation in El Rehab City

Transportation can seem limited when you live out in Rehab City. Here are a few things I figured out.

• Lifestyle in Egypt
    Lifestyle in Egypt

Find, in this article, all that you need to know about the Egyptian lifestyle: traditions, cuisine, festivals, ...

All of Egypt's guide articles