Visa just approved and things moving fast

Hi

We have just had our visas approved, TTS 482 as my partner has a job ready. We have a little boy of 2 and 1 on the way.

I Am looking for any help/advice people can give to help us with the move

We are currently looking at properties to rent but struggling to find furnished accommodation to cover us until our furniture will arrive. Is this something that tends to not be available on oz?

We are looking at areas to live close to CBD on train. Looking at Ramsgate/ kogarah and a few other areas

Also - Medicare? As we won't be covered for the birth on our private insurance as we won't have been in the country long enough. Have I read correctly that medical will cover costs at public hospitals and is it easy enough to register on arrival to oz

Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated

Many many thanks

Hi Kerys Louise,

Welcome to Expat.com
First of all, congratulations for your visas.

Well, i would advise you to have a look at the Living in Australia guide , it may be helpful for you.

Hopefully, other members will be able to share their experience with you as well.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

For a furnished apartment, look (google) for a "serviced apartment", other wise most apartments houses and units are not generally furnished.

I m not sure you already sorted out. You can look into Airbnb website and will be helpful. I m sure there are few furnished.  Insurance is on arrival or you can get online before arrival.

"Also - Medicare? As we won't be covered for the birth on our private insurance as we won't have been in the country long enough. Have I read correctly that medical will cover costs at public hospitals and is it easy enough to register on arrival to oz"

If I read it correctly you are pregnant, congratulations.
I am not 100% sure that you will be covered to give birth in a public hospital.