Chiang Mai for 7 days!!

Hello everyone,,
my girlfriend and I are heading to Thailand for 3 weeks in August. We have both been before numerous times but mostly arrived in Bangkok and headed south to the islands. It seems you need about a week to do the North any justice so we are heading to Chiang Mai for 7 days, but we really have very little idea about the place.

Can anyone suggest must do's, places to go, eat, and stay? Were late 20's, room budget around 1000 Baht a night, like having fun, new experiences etc etc!

Just looking for a bit of 'on the ground' knowledge really!

Cheers guys

I reccomend to stay in Chiang Mai old town because it will be close by many places, lots of restaurant and easy to go somewhere else. 

The place to visit should be some temple which is around old town, Doi inthanon where the highest spot of Thailand and walking street for local food and many of suvenir.

You will be surprise that athe cost in Chiang Mai is quite cheap compare with Bangkok and other tourism place like Phuket and Koh Samui.

For the budget of 1,000 Baht per night is enough to have resonable hotel there.

Hope you will enjoy Chiang Mai.

Jinny

PetterJhon wrote:

Hello everyone,,
my girlfriend and I are heading to Thailand for 3 weeks in August. We have both been before numerous times but mostly tours in phuket arrived in Bangkok and headed south to the islands. It seems you need about a week to do the North any justice so we are heading to Chiang Mai for 7 days, but we really have very little idea about the place.

Can anyone suggest must do's, places to go, eat, and stay? Were late 20's, room budget around 1000 Baht a night, like having fun, new experiences etc etc!

Just looking for a bit of 'on the ground' knowledge really!

Cheers guys

Thank you my issue has been solved,..

If you are an animal enthusiast I suggest one of the Elephant sanctuaries and a night safari.