Menu
Expat.com

Organic products in Saudi Arabia

Last activity 19 November 2019 by etarek

Bhavna

Hello everyone,

As a consumer in Saudi Arabia, you may seek to maintain a healthy lifestyle by choosing mostly organic products. If you do favour such products, we would like to know more about your consumption habits.

Is it easy to find organic products in Saudi Arabia (cosmetics, food, etc.)? Where can we find them?

Are organic products more or less expensive than in your country of origin? What average monthly budget do you spend on them?

Can we rely on labels on organic products in Saudi Arabia? Are the origins of the products verified by an organization?

Are organic products part of Saudi culture? Have you ever tried to make your own organic products (candles, toothpaste, gardening, food)?

In your opinion, is the consumption of organic products only a fad or does it have real benefits on ones health?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Bhavna

Kaden Ahmed

I am looking for Gym with good price if you could recommend for me.
Thanks,
Ahmed

ssghandour1

I haven’t seen organic products as per say, other than organically grown fruit and veg, but there are companies who offer recycling initiatives:
Riwa Water Co. Ltd. (ELIXIR BPA FREE bottled water) comes with a recycling initiative : Elixir_water on Instagram or www.riwawater.com
Another organic company with a home delivery service would be Mazraatna on Instagram  (organic fruit and veg with home delivery in EP)

I think each of us wants to live a healthy lifestyle and instill in our children the need to protect one’s environment. That feeling of doing one’s part possibly leaves us with a positive feeling which in my view enhances or lives and promotes better well being. Apart from that, why ingest unwanted and harmful chemicals!

Rafiq 1965

Now I am seeking rooibos tea for shopping but it is not a easy thing, and also so costly for me.
Thanking you

etarek

There are more and more organic food products in KSA. At least in Riyadh.
We often buy oil, olives, some vegetables from "Watania" which has many shops.
Also Tamimi Markets have organic vegetables (hydroponoc) and snacks.
For eggs, common vegetables and some fruits, poultry, we buy from Alyan farm (70 km from Riyadh, Makkag road). They deliver at a fee of 50 SAR.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles