Menu
Expat.com

Working from al khobar to bahrain

Last activity 29 October 2019 by Budz_8

Budz_8

Hi there! New member here. I hope someone who’s knowledgeable about my issue can help me with my enquiry. I am an asian woman staying here in bahrain under my husband’s family visa who is also an asian. So far, my cpr is still on process and i got a job offer from al khobar KSA. My questions:
1. Can i possibly come back weekly during my day off here in bahrain via causeway thru saptco bus? Or in a company-owned car without any hassle or special requirements?
2. What will happen to my family visa here in bahrain once i will get a multiple visa from saudi company?
3. What will be the easiest and friendly transport vehicle to use going back and forth Bahrain saudi weekly in my case that i dont drive.

Thank you so much and i hope you respectable folks can help. 🙏🙏🙏

XTang

On the visa side, I am assuming that your husband works in Bahrain and will continue to do so.  In that case, he can continue to sponsor your family visa and it has absolutely no bearing or connection with your Saudi visa.

For Saudi visa, try to get a proper work visa and Iqama.  Don't work on a visit visa (commercial visit or business visit) as that is illegal - no matter what your company says.

On the commute, lots of people do it on a daily basis.  First of all, forget about the SAPTCO bus on the daily basis.  While cheap, you will waste a LOT of time on the causeway due to customs / immigration procedures - they make all the passengers get off and be checked.   

The only real way to do this is via car - whether driven by you or a driver.   If the car is not in your name then whoever owns the car, has to give an NOC for it to be taken across the border and in the name of the driver of the car (not the passenger - in case you won't drive).   

In terms of options, the ONLY two ways to do this daily IF you want to be cost effective are:

1) Drive yourself
2) Use company car and driver if allowed

Private taxis will charge you SAR 600 per round trip and the SAPTCO bus, as mentioned, will waste 2-3 hours for you on every round trip.

Budz_8

Thank you so much for ur reply!🙏
Actually they need me asap to go there for a personal appearance to meet the big boss( personal interview) but does my husband really needs to accompany me? They said i cant enter saudi by myself ( their driver will come and pick me up and drop me back here in bh) so they are also asking my husband’s passport copy so they can issue a visa too for him. Sure thing i will really ask for iqama and proper work permit before i start but do i need also to process my cpr too here? It will be like : work permit and iqama from saudi, family visa and cpr here in bahrain? Would that be better on my case?
Would there be anymore significant papers we need to bring with us going to saudi for this 1st visit? Thanks a lot! 🙏🙏🙏

XTang

Saudi will issue work visa and then it will be converted to iqama. They only have iqama and the permit is not stamped into the passport. Different from Bahrain.  You can keep family visa and cpr from Bahrain.

The reason your husband needs to come with you is probably they want to make sure visa is issued to a woman below 40 smile.png.  Otherwise its difficult to get a visit visa for a female for business purposes. And probably your nationality doesn't qualify for a tourist visa online.

Budz_8

I see. But when i formally get hired and have iqama can i enter and exit by myself with the company driver without any problem?

XTang

Yes. Another thing that would be needed from your employer would be a multiple entry exit visa when you have gotten your iqama. Unlike Bahrain, in Saudi, you need your employer to give you this as otherwise you can't leave the country.

Budz_8

Very very helpful and informative! Thnk you so much! God bless you! 🙏

Articles to help you in your expat project in Manama

All of Manama's guide articles