Menu
Expat.com

New member of Expat living in Thailand

Last activity 26 June 2011 by thisislina

Thuong Pham

HI Everbody,

Im very happy to know Expat.com. I am a vietnamese living and working in Bangkok for 3 years. 3 years is quite period in a place but still I feel isolated and loenly here without friends or community to share ideas, knowlege. Hope to be your friends all and to be a part of your community.

Cheers!

rabbitholeholly

I hope you find many friends!! smile.png

Harmonie

Hello Thuong Pham and welcome to Expat.com! smile.png

Your discussion has been moved in the Bangkok Forum for better visibility.

I hope that you will make a lot of nice contacts.

PS: welcome to Expat.com too rabbitholeholly.

Good luck,
Harmonie.

Career_Girl

Hi Thuong Pham and Holly,

I'm arriving in Bangkok on 8 August and it would be nice to meet new people too. Send me a private message if you want to meet up. I'm interested in going to the ice-skating rink when I get there, seems like such a novelty after living in 35 degrees for two years (Brunei)! lol

Lots of people on this site have commented on feeling lonely in Bangkok, so weird as there's so many people there, I thought it would be a lot easier? I'm living in sleepy Brunei, so it's rather a chore meeting people here!

Hope to speak to you soon!

CG x

rabbitholeholly

Hello CG,
I plan to be in Chiang Mai hopefully, if I can find a job there. You will be in Bangkok? Funny thing I notice about big cities; people are often more lonely in them than in small towns. I would have liked to get coffee with you, but won't be in the same town. I hope you find some people in Bangkok!!
smile.png
Holly

LuisF

As I have mentioned before I hold big expat meetings every Friday night for networking and to party hard. Been doing this for a few months already and I am glad to say that all the people that have met through me they are no longer alone and they have wonderful friendships with other expats here, all 83 of them - by now -. So when you get to Bangkok, just send me a message that you are here and will gladly send you the invitation for the Friday night out with all the plan for the night.

And again, welcome to expat - blog and soon Welcome to Thailand!

Thuong Pham

Hi CG, Thanks for your reply. Where will you live in Bangkok? L am living and working in suburb Bangkok near Bangna erea. Pls let me know your phone no and erea where you will stay in BKK, hopefully you will stay somewhere near my area smile.png. It is weird,really, to have a lonely feeling in a big city but I it happens true(for me), just can't resist. 

HI Luisf,

Do you have any plan to organize the trip for everyone? A 1 night trip somewhere near BKK shoud be nice.

LuisF

A trip??? what I organize are the meetings every Friday in bars and clubs of Bangkok. I get them to give us nice deals like free entrance, cheap drinks and cheap food. And i do this in return of absolutely nothing but just to know people and have fun.

Thuong Pham

I see. I did read the comments from other regarding the meeting on friday and I think you did great job. Hopefully I can join soon. Just had baby girl for 11 months, so it's abit hard to take her out at night. Anyways, I wil lake her to join you soon.

drtshill

chao em, toi la Terry or Teo as my viet friends call me. Em khoa lam khong? Toi noi mot it tieng viet khong hai lam. Toi xin loi. I am here for one year and only work and go home. I work 7 days without ant free time so is boring. I hope you have time to travel and enjoy life.
teo

Career_Girl

Hi Thuong Pham,

I won't know where I'll be living in BKK until I get there and I haven't got a Thai line yet. I'll keep you posted when I finally arrive; it's been a huge build up!

x

Thuong Pham

Hi Terry or Teo:)nice to know that you can speak and write the language, thought there were some mistakes smile.png, but it was great. Nice to know you and wish you enjoy the life here in BKK.
Take care.

Thuong Pham

Hi CG, no problem. Let me know when you are finally here in BKK.

thisislina

Hi! everyone if you come to Chiang mai , pls let me know..I'm here

Lina

Articles to help you in your expat project in Bangkok

All of Bangkok's guide articles