Menu
Expat.com

New members of the Mauritius forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Last activity 18 December 2020 by skjoaheer

Sarthak Bangwal

Hi! Im sarthak
I loove mauritus so far and would love to work there and explore! My friend is studying at a college there and keeps telling me about it. I already know a lot about the country, im just looking for a job in mauritius so i can move there.
Im very fluent in english and have a bachelors degree in mandarin chinese.
Im really excited!
I hope i find a job soon and move to mauritius!

Loïc

Hello Sarthak and welcome big_smile.png

It's really nice to meet you !

Like @Properlee, I would suggest you to have a look to our Living in Mauritius guide and download our Guide for free !

Also you have the Jobs in Mauritius Section that will allow you to browse the different job offers wink.png

Wishing you a great day.

Regards.

Loïc
Expat.com Team

sonyavedwards

Hello everyone,

My name is Sonya and I am looking to move to Mauritius from the US as soon as restrictions are lifted.

Mauricia80

Hi sonya

Are you planning to settle down or to work.  ?

sonyavedwards

Hi and thank you for responding.

I am planning on working.

Do you know which areas most expats live in?  Do they live close to schools?  I have a 5th grader.  What about integrating with locals?

CallumR91

Hello everyone,

im Callum im 28 years old and half Mauritian and new here on Expat. my father is retiring and moving back to mauritius from the UK im also thinking about moving to mauritius is there anyone from the uk (London) living in or around Flic en flac ?

thanks Callum

Jbgeoege

Hello my name is Jochebed. A newbie here based in Nigeria. My family and I are interested in relocating to Mauritius.

StefOlive

Hi Everyone,

My name is Stephanie and i hope to soon call Mauritius my home!
I am currently living in Cape Town and the reason i chose Mauritius is because its said to be a very safe place and thats exactly what i want for my little boy. A safe place to actually be able to play outside!

I am currently looking for work in anything office related (administrative/ PA etc) my husband is a Jack of all trades. He does have a web designing business and he wishes to expand his knowledge. He also has vast knowledge on anything water related (reverse osmosis, desalination, borehole, wellpoint and so on). He built some of the biggest water desalination plants in Cape Town.

Anyhow, i hope to find work for either of us soon to be able to live on this BEAUTIFUL island some of you already call home.

Hope you are all keeping safe during this economic health crisis.

Saradaly92

Hi Expats,
Moved to Mauritius almost a year ago with my 2 year old son and husband. I am originally from Ireland.  We are living in Trianon at the moment.

SergioPaulo

Hello everyone
i'm Paulo and i just signin in here, i'm from Portugal and i hope make good friends here!

Saradaly92

Hey the north is a great area for expats. But anywhere on the island is beautiful. There is a great school called Northfield.

gabbiemokhan01

Hello good morning, can we chat privately please?

Fred
gabbiemokhan01 wrote:

Hello good morning, can we chat privately please?

Open forum discussions are a far better idea as questions and answers might well help a number of people, not just one.
Other than that, posters should take great care who they contact as the world is full of scammers and worse.
Much better (and safer) to stick to the open forums. smile.png

gabbiemokhan01

I would take your ignorant reply, if you want to talk someone be specific... Firstly there will always be private chat, that is why there is private conversation.
Secondly if you feel you've anything with the color of my skin it better you say it out rather than beating around the bush and acting as a racist,  which now I've confirm you're. If not the color of our skin i don't see why a 10th world country like Indonesia that has the poorest economy in the own of Asia will say rubbish to me., chatting someone has different reasons, Private chat are not met for the public.

Jbgeoege

Hello all. Hope staying safe?
Pls what is an innovator's visa to Mauritius? Anything like that?

Fred
gabbiemokhan01 wrote:

I would take your ignorant reply, if you want to talk someone be specific... Firstly there will always be private chat, that is why there is private conversation.
Secondly if you feel you've anything with the color of my skin it better you say it out rather than beating around the bush and acting as a racist,  which now I've confirm you're. If not the color of our skin i don't see why a 10th world country like Indonesia that has the poorest economy in the own of Asia will say rubbish to me., chatting someone has different reasons, Private chat are not met for the public.

The warning was to you in order to protect you in case
you're unaware of what scammers get up to on the internet. As for the colour of your skin, the forum software doesn't show it and I have no clue what it is - nor do I care.

As for your somewhat uninformed, hate filled comments about Indonesia, you're doing worse that what you complained about, except yours is real, not just in your head.

Racism, bigotry, and hate have no place on a forum dedicated to helping people move around the world, so kindly don't engage in such behaviour.

External
Jbgeoege wrote:

Hello all. Hope staying safe?
Pls what is an innovator's visa to Mauritius? Anything like that?

It is not a visa but a permit
FYI: You can learn about Mauritius by reading The Mauritius guide
https://www.expat.com/guides/guide-Maur … nglish.pdf
As far as what you are asking:
https://www.edbmauritius.org/work-and-l … ce-permit/

magnec

Hi everyone. I would like to settle in Mauritius in July 2021. I am a freelance web developer and I wondered if it was easy to find a job in this sector. Thanks for your help.

Jbgeoege

Thank you

boiyan88

Hello, my name is Boiyan, I’m from Massachusetts USA. I moved to Mauritius in January to get married To my Wife who is Mauritian. I’ve been Working as an online  English Teacher and I’m hoping to make some expat friends.  So far the only friends I have are my wife’s family, not saying that’s a problem haha, but meeting new people would be fun.

Sorokio Idoo

Hi Canadians,
Did u arrive as yet in Mauritius, due to  Covid 19.
If u have. Welcome
I am a South African female married to a Mauritian. I am living in The East a town called Flacq

I have been in and out of Mauritius since 2008.
Love Mauritius especially the beach. I am sure I will adjust and adapt well.

Take care
Sorokio Pillay

Sarthak Bangwal

Hello!
I have a couple of questions like when foreign
hiring is going to resume in mauritius.
And what's government doing to cleanup the oilspill iin mauritian reef?

Cheryl

Hello Sarthak Bangwal,

I invite you to post a new topic on the Mauritius forum to ask your specific questions. This will increase your chances of getting answers from the other members.  cheers.png

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

Jazzyfish

Hello Julien and Mauritius Expat Community!

My name is Jasmine, I grew up in Mauritius (age 3 - 12) and am the descendent of my Mauritian father and British Mother.

Im seeking to move back home to Mauritius, and need to apply for my citizenship, NIC and eventually Passport.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Jasmine

MrsKrish

Hello all
Hope you are all safe & well.
My Mauritian husband & I have been married nearly 30yrs & live in UK. We usually get back to Mauritius annually for an extended period of time, Vacoas & Pereybere, unfortunately C-19 has scuppered the plans for this year, but hey they just means staying for a few months longer in 2021 right? wink.png
Best regards to you all

MrsKrish

Hi Jasmine

The details in the previous link sound pretty familiar for the process we undertook last year for our daughter (her dad is Mauritian). She already had passport issued as a child via High Commission in UK but needed an ID card since turning 18. She was only with us 3 weeks in Mauritius so Dad done all the ground work before she arrived, we started the process on day 1 of arrival and she had her ID within the week, so all pretty straightforward if you have all the documents required beforehand. I can check with him anything more specific if you have any questions.
Good luck with it smile.png

Jazzyfish

Thank you for the info!

Pocket Change Apartment

Hello Julien,
Thank you I actually have no idea where to start. I am not a social media FB type of guy,
My name is Christophe, born and raised in Mauritius, left the country during my late 20’s to persue my cooking career, came. back basically for good in 2020 to flourish as an Airbnb Host.

Thank you everyone keep on the good work.
Christophe

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
patrick.clarke

Hi,

My name is Patrick Clarke. Husband to a beautiful south African lady and father to 2 amazing children (Paige & Declan). We are considering immigrating to Mauritius from South Africa. Any useful information that anyone can share on useful sites, immigration policies, visa requirements, getting jobs, etc.

I would appreciate any assistance than may make this transition easier and less stressful.

Regards
Patrick

External

Hi Patrick

Your first steps would be to read this:
https://www.expat.com/en/guide/pdf/21_mauritius/

if you haven't done so already .
Then you can ask questions on areas you will need clarifications.

patrick.clarke

Thank you. Appreciate the prompt guidance. I Will review and get back to you should I have any further specific questions.

Regards
Patrick

Shaun Singh

Hullo everybody My name is Shaun Singh and I am from South Africa.my wife and I woth my two sons are looking at relocating to Mauritius. My wife is a junior accountant and well myself I work for the Road Accident Fund now for 18 years.So we both are interested in getting jobs in lovely Mauritius and making it our home for our family.Please any advice on recruitment agencies and how we can go about this whole process would be highly appreciated.Looking forward to the replies.Hava a lovely day.

LELE AND ASSOCIATES

Hi Julien
I am Prashant from India and have created new post under "work" category. Can I look forward to have your first hand information on my post.
Will look forward to it!! Cheers
Prashant

LELE AND ASSOCIATES
Bhavna wrote:

Hello everyone and welcome to Expat.Com  smile.png

Thank you very much for your introduction. Since you are new to the forum, let me just explain briefly how it works.

For those who want to know about formalities and how to move to Mauritius, the Living in Mauritius guide will provide you all the primary information.

Those who have already made up their mind and are looking for more personalised answers, i would suggest you do some research on the forum section (most of your queries have already been discussed).

- Mauritius forum (you may browse through the different categories) or use the search tab next to the magnifying glass.

Also, feel free to create your own thread on the forum so that members can reach out and answer your queries. One question per thread please as it will be more convenient.

On a side note, if you are looking for or offering accommodation, job and so on, please drop an advert in the corresponding section

- Housing in Mauritius

- Jobs in Mauritius

Thank you very much and enjoy the forum,
Bhavna

Hi Bhavana
Read your post and thanks for the information.
I have posted my information under the name of LELE AND ASSOCIATES and request you to go through it. If you can help me to undestand the job market for the kind of experience I have it will be great!
Since me and my wife are free now as our children have become independent we both have thought to take up a change and explore new places with work and pleasure.
Will look forward to hear from you.
Thanks
Prashant.

LELE AND ASSOCIATES

Hi Rajiv
I am Prashant from Pune and have plans to move to Mauritius. I am a civil engineer and free lancer at present in Pune. You can have a brief about me from the information I have posted under the name of LELE AND ASSOCIATES on this forum.
If could help me to understand the natue of this industry and the job market in Maritius as a whole for my kind of profile. Let me know in case you require any additional information from my end.
Until then,
Thanks
Prashant.

Neal1

Hello, I am a mauritian, an i'm on expat.com as i am presently in search of ideas about farming. I look forward to start something in that field, and would be glad to hear from people willing to partner., be it from Asia or Africa.

Rico20

Hello there
Originally from Mauritius, left in my early teens and been in England since.  Retired early from a good & enjoyable career in the airline industry.
Been involved in community work overseas during my travels & locally in UK.  Football coaching at amateur & semi pro level with various teams here in England & overseas.
Have an ongoing project with a place in Europe and it's nearly completed.  My wife is Colombian and we are thinking of relocating to Mauritius.  Evaluating possibilities at this stage.
So far it's looking good & favourable.
Look forward to get to know you gradually guys.
Thanks & Best Regards
J/Roland
known as .....Rick

Diksha

Hello Neal1 & Rick,

Welcome to Expat.com smile.png

Thanks for introducing yourselves.

@ Neal1: Please note that we have a part of the website dedicated to finding business partners in Mauritius. It could be useful to place an advert there. smile.png

@ Rick : Feel free to post all your queries related to relocation and more by creating new threads on the Mauritius forum. Looking forward to reading your future posts smile.png

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

FaithInnovation

Hey everyone

Trust all is well during this time!

My names Daniel and I'm from Durban SA, I run a small design and marketing agency.
My dream is to one day be settled on a quiet island with clear blue waters.... And Mauritius has been an island I dreamed of once visiting since a kid.

What would be the procedure should I wish to move to Mauritius and continue my work on the island?

Thanks guys... looking forward to many interesting chats!

Regards
Daniel
Faith Innovation

Rico20

Hi Diksha.
Many thanks for your welcoming mail.
Will post any relevant topic in due course.
Regards
Rick

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Mauritius

• Driver's licence in Mauritius
    Driver's licence in Mauritius

Mauritius has a well-developed public transport network, although the frequency and working hours might not work ...

• Banking services in Mauritius
    Banking services in Mauritius

Opening a bank account in Mauritius can help you in many ways, including receiving your salary, paying your ...

• Emergency numbers in Mauritius
    Emergency numbers in Mauritius

The list below contains emergency numbers in Mauritius, should you be in need for assistance at any ...

• The health system in Mauritius
    The health system in Mauritius

Health is a major issue when moving abroad. Are expats eligible for the Mauritian health system? What are the ...

• Recommended doctors in Mauritius
    Recommended doctors in Mauritius

You might be needing medical assistance during your stay in Mauritius. Expat.com provides you with a list of ...

• Study in Mauritius
    Study in Mauritius

Mauritius is becoming a higher education hub for the region as it offers a great deal of options. Most Mauritian ...

• Buying a property in Mauritius
    Buying a property in Mauritius

The Economic Development Board reminds us that any non-citizen, whether an individual or an investor, is allowed ...

• Education in Mauritius
    Education in Mauritius

The Mauritian school system is based on the Anglo-Saxon model and is divided, as is often the case elsewhere, into ...

All of Mauritius's guide articles