Menu
Expat.com

Official Vietnam Government Coronavirus (COVID-19) Info Site

Last activity 02 July 2021 by Priscilla

OceanBeach92107

Latest official news about restrictions in Danang beginning to ease at midnight on the 5th.

Confusion with article saying the 4th, but they mean the end of the day on the 4th.

The 5th begins one second later at 12 midnight.

Danang Today official government newspaper in English

Copy of Vietnamese language headline:

fb_img_1598960366010.jpg

OceanBeach92107

Vietnam Confirms 82 new COVID-19 Infections:

news.chinhphu.vn/Home/Viet-Nam-confirms-82-new-COMMUNITY-infection-cases-of-COVID19/20211/42782.vgp

AUStan
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

news.chinhphu.vn/Home/Viet-Nam-confirms-82-new-COMMUNITY-infection-cases-of-COVID19/20211/42782.vgp

Thanks for posting OB, probably vaccine won't kill it....must find another genius to kill this one.

paulmsn
AUStan wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Thanks for posting OB, probably vaccine won't kill it....must find another genius to kill this one.

The consensus is that the current vaccines will work on the UK B.1.1.7 variant.  Some are a little concerned about the Brazilian P.1 variant and a possible reduced ability of antibodies to detect it, but not a lot is known about it, so no one really knows yet. 

In any case, the changes are small enough that it would not be that difficult to adapt current vaccines to function better against the variants if necessary -- they wouldn't have to go completely back to the drawing board.  The main problem, which is becoming more apparent every day, is the increased infectiousness of these variants, which could increase the death rate simply because more people will be infected, especially if health care resources are overwhelmed in some areas.

goodolboy
paulmsn wrote:
AUStan wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

The consensus is that the current vaccines will work on the UK B.1.1.7 variant.  Some are a little concerned about the Brazilian P.1 variant and a possible reduced ability of antibodies to detect it, but not a lot is known about it, so no one really knows yet. 

In any case, the changes are small enough that it would not be that difficult to adapt current vaccines to function better against the variants if necessary -- they wouldn't have to go completely back to the drawing board.  The main problem, which is becoming more apparent every day, is the increased infectiousness of these variants, which could increase the death rate simply because more people will be infected, especially if health care resources are overwhelmed in some areas.

BBC News this morning

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55850352

OceanBeach92107

First COVID-19 vaccine approved for use in Viet Nam

09:50 | 30/01/2021

VGP – The Coronavirus vaccine developed by AstraZeneca and the University of Oxford has been approved for use in urgent situation in Viet Nam, said Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long.

news.chinhphu.vn/Home/First-COVID19-vaccine-approved-for-use-in-Viet-Nam/20211/42816.vgp

OceanBeach92107

American man imports COVID-19 case

COVID-19 update: 28 new cases, eight recoveries

18:20 | 30/01/2021

VGP – Viet Nam confirmed 28 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday afternoon, raising the patient tally to 1,767.

The latest patients include 27 community infection cases (one in Ho Chi Minh City, two in Gia Lai, two in Ha Noi, four in Quang Ninh, and 18 in Hai Duong) and one imported case, according to the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
The imported case is an American man who flew from the U.S. to the Republic of Korea and then took a flight to Ho Chi Minh City on January 28.
Earlier in the morning, the National Committee had reported 34 new local infection cases.
The same day, eight patients were declared free of the virus, taking the total recoveries to 1,456.

news.chinhphu.vn/Home/COVID19-update-28-new-cases-eight-recoveries/20211/42823.vgp

paulmsn

I'm not that worried about imported cases who are quarantined immediately.  This suspected case in HCMC does worry me.

https://vietnaminsider.vn/vietnams-ho-c … -covid-19/

OceanBeach92107
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

American man imports COVID-19 case

COVID-19 update: 28 new cases, eight recoveries

18:20 | 30/01/2021

VGP – Viet Nam confirmed 28 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday afternoon, raising the patient tally to 1,767.

The latest patients include 27 community infection cases (one in Ho Chi Minh City, two in Gia Lai, two in Ha Noi, four in Quang Ninh, and 18 in Hai Duong) and one imported case, according to the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
The imported case is an American man who flew from the U.S. to the Republic of Korea and then took a flight to Ho Chi Minh City on January 28.
Earlier in the morning, the National Committee had reported 34 new local infection cases.
The same day, eight patients were declared free of the virus, taking the total recoveries to 1,456.

news.chinhphu.vn/Home/COVID19-update-28-new-cases-eight-recoveries/20211/42823.vgp

paulmsn wrote:

I'm not that worried about imported cases who are quarantined immediately.  This suspected case in HCMC does worry me.

https://vietnaminsider.vn/vietnams-ho-c … -covid-19/

Not "suspected" officially.

If you had quoted my post you might have noticed it's already a confirmed case (now I've highlighted that too).

In this thread especially (see title) always best to quote from official sources, when possible.

THIGV
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

In this thread especially (see title) always best to quote from official sources, when possible.

I am not saying that is true in this case, but what if ones point is to refute the official numbers?

paulmsn

Why is it, OceanBeach92107, that you are so quick to take offense for innocent posts?  As far as I knew the HCMC case was still in question and I was not trying to put you down in any way.  My intent was only to say that the quickly-isolated imported cases don't worry me much -- why on Earth did you take it as a condemnation of some sort?  It had nothing to do with you.

Dan911

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : Unnecessary.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
jarhead75

Relax. He was trying to educate you.
Try to say anything about China. You will get death threats. I only asked a question.
I once tried to educate the misinformation crowd. They called me names and said I only listen to Fox News.
He is being polite and providing facts.
Do not take offense of someone trying to educate you on their country.
Always remember that the truth is a three edge sword. Your side. Their side. Then the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Ciambella

From MoH today:

"Ba Ria - Vung Tau province has 9 cases, BN 1805-1813, all of them entering TSN from the US from the US on flight VN 417 on January 29."

Damn, damn, damn!

hyagly256

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : false information +conspiracy sites
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
paulmsn
hyagly256 wrote:

Maybe they're just false positives:...

It's possible, but not likely.  Most of your links are to covid deniers.  Grain of salt needed.

hyagly256

[Post under review]

paulmsn
hyagly256 wrote:

Nope, they're all fully documented with references.. Visit and see for yourself. You think the NYT is not a reliable source?

"Deniers" is religious language, not scientific.

The NYT article aside, all the others are from known extreme denial sites.  "Fully documented" means nothing -- they are not scientific sites, but rather they pick and choose tidbits to further what they already believe, and what they believe is very much on the extreme edge.

hyagly256

When someone uses terms like "denier" or "denial" in a scientific debate, it means they are true believers, not people who think rationally. Unfortunately, that's the state of a lot of government and corporate funded science today, amplified in the scaremongering media.

I repeat again, read the articles, don't just dismiss them because they are from known "denier" sites. Check the references. Think for yourself.

Yes, it's not what your TV told you. And as we all know, the TV never lies!

THIGV

So would you have all countries throw open their borders and allow all residents to move about and congregate in large groups without masks?  You either accept the opinion of 99.99% of the medical community or you don't. 

Your Lew Rockwell is an "anarcho-capitalist," (his words, not mine)  and certainly not a medical expert.  He also carries an article about "the Evil Fauci" one of the most trusted men in America.

THIGV
Ciambella wrote:

From MoH today:

"Ba Ria - Vung Tau province has 9 cases, BN 1805-1813, all of them entering TSN from the US from the US on flight VN 417 on January 29."

Damn, damn, damn!

Vietnam has done a great job with the virus, enough so to have attracted favorable international notice.  However, doesn't Vietnam have a system that requires proof of negative testing before boarding flights into the country?  Hawaii has such a program and it is not 100% but works quite well.  It sounds like Vietnam only has testing on arrival.  Hawaii is also considering a testing waiver and entry for people who can provide proof of vaccination.  Perhaps Vietnam could consider both of these ideas.

paulmsn
hyagly256 wrote:

When someone uses terms like "denier" or "denial" in a scientific debate, it means they are true believers, not people who think rationally. Unfortunately, that's the state of a lot of government and corporate funded science today, amplified in the scaremongering media.

I repeat again, read the articles, don't just dismiss them because they are from known "denier" sites. Check the references. Think for yourself.

Yes, it's not what your TV told you. And as we all know, the TV never lies!

What you posted was not scientific -- none of the sources even approach science, although the NYT is straightforward when referencing science.  It appears you're the "true believer" here, and what you believe is nonsense to most people.  References aren't fact -- those trying to prove what they really, really want to believe routinely misstate the articles they quote.  Show where these references agree with what your sources claim.

Ciambella
THIGV wrote:

However, doesn't Vietnam have a system that requires proof of negative testing before boarding flights into the country?  Hawaii has such a program and it is not 100% but works quite well.  It sounds like Vietnam only has testing on arrival.  Hawaii is also considering a testing waiver and entry for people who can provide proof of vaccination.  Perhaps Vietnam could consider both of these ideas.

They do.  My great-niece is returning to VN from Canada on Feb 16 for her gap year.  She's required to have a negative PCR 72 hours before boarding and another PCR upon arrival.  Since Seoul is her transit airport, she'll definitely need a shorter test there too.

It might be that 72 hours after the 1st test, those 9 Vietnamese from the States finally showed the symptoms in the arrival test.  The youngest is 2 and the oldest is 44 so they'll probably recover quickly.

Hooked

On  Jan 28 I had a 3 hour layover in ICN. Temperature check only and some questions.
The hidden powers show how easy it is t is to control the masses who will believe anything on the idiot box.
That said at least some people now wash their hands now  and maybe restaurants are a little cleaner

THIGV

Coincidentally the NY Times ran a story today about the possibility of countries developing "Vaccine Passports" to show at airline and immigration checkpoints.  The article is here.  Of course some people  hmm.png will not be getting such documents as long as they are recalcitrant about vaccination.

OceanBeach92107

I'm not going to quote anybody because there's too many of you doing it including one of our experts.

You totally hijacked a thread that is supposed to be here to provide people official information.

There are people who have subscribed to this thread because they want to get official information.

But now what they get is conspiracy theory stuff, and then people arguing with conspiracy theory stuff, and then other unassociated stuff that spins off from that.

I've been trying to lay off reporting things as off-topic, but you've totally screwed up this whole thread from  its original purpose, just because you can.

Oh yeah, and ignore me because it's just me trying to administer my personal little fiefdom.

Diksha

Hello everyone,

As pointed out by OceanBeach92107, this thread's main purpose is to share information released by the Vietnamese government.

Could we please only stick to that? Any other COVID-19 subject should be discussed by starting a new thread.

Thank you in advance.

Diksha

Fred

As with other threads, it would be lovely if posters would avoid lies, conspiracy theories, links to nut job sites, political rubbish, and general misinformation.
Forget the first amendment - That's in the US

We already know from sad experience how the above stuff kills people, so it would be really nice if you'd stop.

Thank you.

THIGV
Fred wrote:

Forget the first amendment - That's in the US

This reflects a misunderstanding of the First Amendment to the US Constitution that is common with many US citizens let alone citizens of other places.  The amendment only protects against government intrusion on free speech.  Private entities like this forum may censor all they like.

Fred wrote:

..... it would be really nice if you'd stop.

Thank you.

You are way too nice.  mad.png

OceanBeach92107

At least it doesn't say "bãi biển"...

"New Government Guidelines About Where to Wear Masks"

1. Medical facilities, centralized quarantine camps, households and places of residence where residents are isolating or placed under medical surveillance or return from the pandemic-stricken areas.

2, Bars, discotheques, karaoke parlors, massage parlors/spas, fitness clubs, workplaces, industrial parks, factories, production facilities, food and beverage facilities, meetings, conferences, workshops, training sessions.

3. Apartments, schools, railway stations, bus stations, airport terminals, trade centers, supermarkets, wholesale markets, tourist sites, entertainment venues among others.

4. Areas where distance between each other is below two meters.

news.chinhphu.vn/Home/Guidance-on-face-coverings-in-public-places/20212/42909.vgp

goodolboy
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

1. Medical facilities, centralized quarantine camps, households and places of residence where residents are isolating or placed under medical surveillance or return from the pandemic-stricken areas.

2, Bars, discotheques, karaoke parlors, massage parlors/spas, fitness clubs, workplaces, industrial parks, factories, production facilities, food and beverage facilities, meetings, conferences, workshops, training sessions.

3. Apartments, schools, railway stations, bus stations, airport terminals, trade centers, supermarkets, wholesale markets, tourist sites, entertainment venues among others.

news.chinhphu.vn/Home/Guidance-on-face-coverings-in-public-places/20212/42909.vgp

Certainly dont see a massive run on mask wearing out where I am. At least 50% of the Vietnamese out here  in Tan Phu dont wear them even in the apartment elevator & as far as the Beer & BBQ places.....forget it!

OceanBeach92107
goodolboy wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Certainly dont see a massive run on mask wearing out where I am. At least 50% of the Vietnamese out here  in Tan Phu dont wear them even in the apartment elevator & as far as the Beer & BBQ places.....forget it!

Which is almost certainly why the government is now specifically giving guidance about where to wear a mask.

I expect in the near future there will be some crackdowns.

I personally want to be following the government guidance and not following the examples of neighbors who are ignoring the government's guidance.

OceanBeach92107

A new COVID-19 death connected to HCMC and Hà Nội via a Vietnam Airlines flight (see "Urgent Announcement":

news.chinhphu.vn Deceased-Japanese-confirmed-positive-for-COVID19

Deceased Japanese confirmed positive for COVID-19

07:02 | 15/02/2021

VGP – A Japanese man who died at a hotel in Ha Noi was confirmed positive for COVID-19 this morning, raising the patient tally to 2,229.

The man, aged 54, landed in Ho Chi Minh City on January 17, 2020 and was immediately quarantined in Ward 2, Tan Binh District until January 31.

During his concentrated quarantine time, he tested negative for the virus twice (on January 17 and 31).

On February 1, he took a flight to Ha Noi and stayed at a hotel in Tay Ho District until February 13.

At 7:00 pm on February 13, he was found dead at the hotel.

The cause of his death has yet to be confirmed.

Urgent announcement

Earlier on Sunday, Ha Noi Center for Disease Control issued an urgent announcement after the Japanese man tested positive for COVID-19.

Accordingly, those who had travel record to the following places need to immediately contact the nearest medical facilities or call 0969082115, 0949396115 for advise and support

1. Ibis hotel in Ho Chi Minh City on January 31, 2021.

2. Flight VN254 from Ho Chi Minh City to Ha Noi from 11:00-13:20 on February 1, 2021,.

3.  Somerset West Point, No. 2 Tay Ho Road, Quang An Ward, Tay Ho District, Ha Noi from February 1-13, 2021.

4. Sun Red River building, No. 23, Phan Chu Trinh Street, Hoan Kiem District (Room No. 903 and Tokyo Red Grill restaurant from 12:00-13:00 on February 2, 2021).

5.  Hachi ju hachi restaurant,  No. 168 Xuan Dieu Street, Quang An Ward, Tay Ho District from 18:00 to 20:00 on February 3, 2021.

6. Phòng khám bệnh Raffles Medical International Clinic, No. 51, Xuan Dieu Street, Quang An Ward, Tay Ho District, on the morning of February 4, 2021 and on February 8, 2021.

7.  Torikichi restaurant, No. 75 Kim Ma Thuong Street, Ba Dinh District from 19:00-21:00 on February 5, 2021.

OceanBeach92107
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

A new COVID-19 death connected to HCMC and Hà Nội via a Vietnam Airlines flight...

Just a thought...

They aren't saying anything yet about his mode of transportation from his hotel to the SGN airport, and they also aren't saying anything about other people who were in the airport at that time.

Based on previous actions by the government, I would expect that there would be a call for anyone who was in the airport terminal (domestic) during the time that he was in the airport terminal to report for testing.

The previous case that involved a Ho Chi Minh City Airport employee didn't require that type of contact racing because he apparently didn't have contact with the general public at his job.

OceanBeach92107

Official News Regarding Vaccination Priorities

Google Translate app translation of the first part of this article posted by the Ministry of Health through their official Zalo account:

~~~~~

Who are the 11 groups of people who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 in Vietnam?

09:09 23/02/2021

According to the guidance just signed by Deputy Minister of Health Do Xuan Tuyen, there are 11 priority groups to be arranged for the first COVID-19 vaccination in Vietnam.

The Ministry of Health has developed a plan to receive, preserve, distribute and use the 2021-2022 COVID-19 vaccine supported by the COVAX Facility (Global COVID-19 Vaccine Access Solution).

Accordingly, the groups of beneficiaries of COVID-19 vaccination are ranked by priority according to the epidemic situation and in the context of limited supply of vaccine in Vietnam, including: Specifically, 11 groups of subjects including  including:

- Medical staff
  - Employees involved in epidemic prevention (steering committees at all levels, isolation staff, reporters ...)
  - Diplomatic staff, customs officers, immigration officers
  - Army
  - Police force
  - Teacher
  - People over 65 years old
  - Group of essential services: aviation, transportation, tourism, electricity and water service ...
  - People with chronic diseases
  - Persons wishing to go to work, study or work abroad.
  - People in the epidemic zone according to epidemiological indications

(this is only a partial translation of the most pertinent information)

OceanBeach92107
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Official News Regarding Vaccination Priorities

Google Translate app translation of the first part of this article posted by the Ministry of Health through their official Zalo account:

~~~~~

Who are the 11 groups of people who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 in Vietnam?

09:09 23/02/2021

According to the guidance just signed by Deputy Minister of Health Do Xuan Tuyen, there are 11 priority groups to be arranged for the first COVID-19 vaccination in Vietnam.

The Ministry of Health has developed a plan to receive, preserve, distribute and use the 2021-2022 COVID-19 vaccine supported by the COVAX Facility (Global COVID-19 Vaccine Access Solution).

Accordingly, the groups of beneficiaries of COVID-19 vaccination are ranked by priority according to the epidemic situation and in the context of limited supply of vaccine in Vietnam, including: Specifically, 11 groups of subjects including  including:

- Medical staff
  - Employees involved in epidemic prevention (steering committees at all levels, isolation staff, reporters ...)
  - Diplomatic staff, customs officers, immigration officers
  - Army
  - Police force
  - Teacher
  - People over 65 years old
  - Group of essential services: aviation, transportation, tourism, electricity and water service ...
  - People with chronic diseases
  - Persons wishing to go to work, study or work abroad.
  - People in the epidemic zone according to epidemiological indications

(this is only a partial translation of the most pertinent information)

This article seems to go hand-in-hand with that:

~~~~~
From English Language site:

VN may receive 60 million COVID-19 vaccine doses in 2021, Health Minister says

GP – Viet Nam is expected to receive 60 million COVID-19 vaccine doses in 2021, half of which has been committed by the COVID-19 Vaccines Global Access Facility (COVAX) program, Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long said on February 19.

The remaining 30 million doses have been agreed upon by the Health Ministry and the UK-based AstraZeneca company, Long stated during a teleconference with localities on COVID-19 prevention and control in Ha Noi.

The Ministry of Health (MOH) is actively negotiating with other global vaccine developers, such as Pfizer and Moderna (US) to ensure vaccines for all people, he emphasized, noting that in the immediate future, vaccines will be prioritized for the pandemic-hit areas as well as high-risk ones.

According to the minister, the MOH has implemented the vaccine licensing mechanism in emergency conditions, which means all the related processes regarding dossiers, clinical data and vaccine quality, will be performed within only five days to promptly bring vaccines to the people.

He said that the MOH encourages enterprises with vaccine import sources to coordinate with the ministry to bring vaccines to Viet Nam, towards the goal of ensuring access to COVID-19 vaccines for all Vietnamese citizens in 2021.

OceanBeach92107

First official rollout of the Astra-Zenica vaccine today in Việt Nam:

(Article is in the Vietnamese language. English translation is not available on their website yet. A similar article appeared on the official Zalo app account of the Ministry of Health. Google Translation of that follows)

Ministry of Health
Vietnam officially vaccines COVID-19 of AstraZeneca

17:19 March 8, 2021

On the morning of March 8, 2021, the system of immunization centers of VNVC cooperated with the Ministry of Health to organize the first batch of COVID-19 vaccination at epidemic hotspots.

Doctor Du Le Thanh Xuan - Doctor of the Department of Active Rehabilitation against Adult Poisoning, Hospital for Tropical Diseases of Ho Chi Minh City;  midwife Hoang Thi Thu Hang, Department of Surgery - Obstetrics, Central Hospital for Tropical Diseases;  Ms. Nguyen Thi Hue - member of the community COVID group in Tan Viet commune, Hai Duong, was the first 3 people to get COVID-19 vaccine on the morning of March 8.

Dr. Du Le Thanh Xuan, one of the first three Vietnamese citizens, was vaccinated with COVID-19

Doctor Du Le Thanh Xuan - the first citizen of Ho Chi Minh City to be vaccinated with COVID-19 shared: "I was very surprised and pleased to have chosen to be the first person to be vaccinated with COVID-19  in Ho Chi Minh City I am also very proud and thrilled because this vaccination is of great interest to the whole society.

OceanBeach92107

The official government news site confirms that a Japanese man (in quarantine) who arrived in HCMC on March 10th, has tested positive for COVID-19:

news.chinhphu.vn/Home/Japanese-man-confirmed-positive-for-COVID19

OceanBeach92107

If I'm reading the Google Translation correctly and if Google has translated the Ministry of Health webpage correctly, a plan to vaccinate foreigners will be implemented by April, AFTER a plan for implementing "Vaccine Visas/Vaccine Passports" is officially announced.

moh.gov.vn/tin-noi-bat/-/asset_publisher/3Yst7YhbkA5j/content/thuc-hien-visa-vaccine-voi-tinh-than-bao-am-an-toan-tren-het

(Google Translation)

19/03/2021 |  15:59 PM

On the morning of March 19, 2021, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam, Head of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 epidemic control, chaired the Standing meeting of the Steering Committee, listened to reports, discussed some related issues.  deploy vaccination against COVID-19;  the work of preparing technical solutions, implementing policies for "visa vaccine" (also known as "passport vaccine").

Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam, Head of the National Steering Committee for Disease Control COVID-19 chaired the Standing meeting of the Steering Committee on the morning of March 19.  Photo: VGP / Dinh Nam

According to the report of the Ministry of Health, in Hai Duong province, in the last 12 days, there are only 4/12 districts and cities (Hai Duong city, Chi Linh city, Kim Thanh district and Cam Giang district) recorded scatteredly 1  -2 new cases per day, are all quarantined cases.  Provinces and cities that have cases infected in this epidemic are all related to Hai Duong or returning from Hai Duong and localities that have not recorded new cases after 21 days have not been reported.

The Ministry of Health is reviewing and learning from experiences about concentrated isolation work in Hai Duong over the past time, and at the same time, directing Hai Duong province to pay attention to improving testing quality.

In the context that the epidemic can be prolonged and has a great impact on the economy and society, so ministries, branches and localities need to continue strengthening leadership, directing and promoting responsibility for the head of the department.  , anti-epidemic, absolutely not neglect, subjective, caught off guard.  Local leaders must focus on directing and proactively deciding appropriate anti-epidemic measures and take responsibility for epidemic prevention and control in their respective localities. 

When an epidemic threat occurs, priority must be given to the prevention of epidemics, implementing the motto 4 on the spot, proactively responding to various levels of epidemics.  Do not apply a wide gap;  epidemic prevention and control measures should be carefully calculated, ensuring to limit negative impacts on economic, social activities and people's lives.
In the immediate future, it is necessary to be proactive in a new normal state, both in economic development and ready to prevent epidemics in all sectors, fields and in all agencies, units, organizations and enterprises.  and community;  Ensuring safety from epidemics is the basis for socio-economic development.  The management agency must intensify the inspection, rectification and tightening of the implementation of anti-epidemic measures at each agency, unit, organization, enterprise, and production establishment, especially in places where there are frequent  crowded people, at the same time strictly handled violations.

The Standing Committee of the Steering Committee listened to reports and discussed the preparation of technical solutions, policies guiding the implementation of "visa vaccine".

The Standing Committee of the Steering Committee listened to reports and opinions of Ministries: Information and Communications, Foreign Affairs, Health, Public Security, National Defense, and operators on technical infrastructure preparation;  research, propose policies and specific instructions to implement the policy of "visa vaccine" in the coming time, when conditions permit, with the spirit of "implementing dual goals but ensuring safety first"  .

Accordingly, for people in the country, immunization information will be integrated into the people's electronic health record system, linking with the citizen database, not just to facilitate  It is the most convenient for people in vaccination, but also helps to control traveling and moving in the epidemic situation in a consistent and favorable way.

Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long further information here, when going to vaccination, people have to download electronic records application, re-declare necessary information.  Medical facilities scan QR-codes instead of performing paper operations;  information for people about vaccines, vaccination terms ... After that, people are screened, vaccinated, monitored after vaccination and completed the injection process.

After the COVID-19 vaccination, people were issued a certificate and a QR-Code confirmed.  Besides, health staff can update vaccination results for vaccinated people.  The management agency captures information and data to serve the implementation of the COVID-19 vaccination program and is provided with a tool to monitor information of people who have received the COVID-19 vaccine.

For foreigners, representatives of ministries, major mobile carriers said that the technical infrastructure system will be completed and ready to be deployed from April 2021.

"The technical system must take into account the most complex cases, ready to be deployed immediately after a specific policy on visa vaccine", the Standing Committee noted.

Regarding specific policies and guidelines, the Ministry of Health continues to work with foreign health agencies so that Vietnam can soon participate in the international community's joint efforts to facilitate trade.  Convenient travel for people who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 in other countries.

At the meeting, the representative of the Tourism Advisory Council expressed his agreement with the guideline and motto of the Steering Committee, the Ministry of Health on the issue of "visa vaccine".

Regarding the progress of vaccination against COVID-19 in the country, according to the data of the National Immunization Program, as of 16:00 on March 18, 2021, Vietnam has implemented AstraZeneca vaccination for 27,546 people.

All vaccination sites comply with the Health Ministry's regulations on ensuring vaccination safety.  The post-injection response rate is at the permitted level according to the vaccine manufacturer's recommendation.  A number of grade 2 anaphylaxis cases were detected and promptly handled in accordance with the regulations of the Ministry of Health and their health all recovered./.
Source: Chinhphu.vn

Ciambella
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

If I'm reading the Google Translation correctly and if Google has translated the Ministry of Health webpage correctly, a plan to vaccinate foreigners will be implemented by April, AFTER a plan for implementing "Vaccine Visas/Vaccine Passports" is officially announced.

It's the technology infrastructure required for the vaccine passport that will be implemented when the government decides on the specific form and data for the passport.  There's no date on the actual plan to vaccinate foreigners.

See: Vaccines for expats

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Vietnam

• Dating In Vietnam
    Dating In Vietnam

If you're considering moving to Hanoi, or Ho Chi Minh City, the dating scene may be of interest to you. ...

• Making phone calls in Vietnam
    Making phone calls in Vietnam

The telecommunications sector in Vietnam has flourished throughout the past two decades. Like many foreigners, ...

• Moving to Vietnam with your pet
    Moving to Vietnam with your pet

If you are planning to move to Vietnam with a pet, there are a number of formalities that have to be completed ...

• Getting married in Vietnam
    Getting married in Vietnam

Have you met that perfect someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with? Luckily, getting married in ...

• Driving in Vietnam
    Driving in Vietnam

Vietnam is known for four categories of lush and diverse landscapes, and one of the easiest ways to see firsthand ...

• The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi
    The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi

Formerly known as Thang Long, Vietnam's present capital city was renamed Hanoi in 1831. This enchanting, ...

• Sports activities in Hanoi
    Sports activities in Hanoi

We know there's a lot of attention on the drinking culture in Hanoi, but what about the options for a healthy ...

• Internet in Vietnam
    Internet in Vietnam

Vietnam is currently ranked 39th internationally for internet connection and has an average download speed of ...

All of Vietnam's guide articles