Menu
Expat.com

Exit for new born baby info needed.

Last activity 08 August 2023 by Nwangwu Rosemary

Abi1988

Good Morning everyone,

Im blessed with a baby boy this 8th March 2020 and was planning to go back to India on first week of April 2020. Reason: My company doesn't provide family status as my payroll is less than 400 BD. My wife is on seperate visa provided by her company she works for. So eventually no visa for my new born baby. Earlier in January 2020 when enquired in LMRA my newborn was entitled a 45 days grace period of stay in bahrain since birth. (Until April 22nd 2020)

Due to the Covid 19 pandemic situation flights are cancelled since end of march and all paperwork was delayed but fortunately today i have applied for my baby's passport.

Is it considered overstay during this pandemic situation?
Is it possible to get a exit permit for the baby?
Will there be any fines?
How many days is the exit permit valid from the date of issue?

Couldn't find answers for the above. Kindly help.

Thanks in advance.

XTang

Go to LMRA again but as far as I know, they are not counting it as overstay and extending the days.

There is no such thing as exit permit from Bahrain.  You just need a passport or a temporary travelling document from your embassy.

The rest of your questions are covered in my responses already.

Abi1988

Many Thanks for your prompt reply. Advice accepted to visit LMRA.

Found the below on MOH site:

Exit Permit

XTang

Can't see the link yet.

Abi1988

The link leads to the MOH page and mentions as follows;

Exit Permit For Non-Bahrainis Issuance Request
This service is provided by the Nationality, Passports and Residence Affairs to non-Bahraini Individuals wishing to issue an exit permit from the Kingdom of Bahrain, for the following cases:
Loss of passport, or Identity Card for GCC Nationals
New Borns
Expiry of Passport in case there is no local embassy for the issuing country

Required Documents

Loss of Passport, or Identity Card for GCC Nationals:
Application Form
Entry Ticket issued by the embassy of the issuing country

New Born:
Application Form
Birth Certificate issued by the Ministry of Health in the Kingdom of Bahrain
Copy of the Marriage Contract
Copy of the parents’ passports

In case there is no local embassy of the issuing country:
Application Form
Entry ticket and the original expired Passport
GCC eGovernment Portal links

Abi1988

I think the link is visible now

MP_Prabhu

Hi,
I have similar requirement. Can you share your experience in obtaining exit permit for your baby?

Nwangwu Rosemary

@XTang

But please if I may ask...does it takes time for them to put a stamp on the traveling document ?issued from my embassy

Because I ha e already gotten my flight ticket

Nwangwu Rosemary

@Abi1988

Did it takes time to get d exist permit for d new born?

Nwangwu Rosemary

@Abi1988

Please does it takes time to be approad or rather to issue the exist from the bahrain immigration

Articles to help you in your expat project in Manama

• Getting married in Bahrain
    Getting married in Bahrain

Bahrain allows anyone who resides in the country to get married, irrespective of nationality or religion. The ...

• Accommodation in Manama
    Accommodation in Manama

Accommodation in Bahrain can range from cheap apartments to incredibly expensive villas. Most expats will aim for ...

• Working in Manama
    Working in Manama

The opportunities for employment in Bahrain are wide-ranging, although, in recent years, there have been changes ...

• Driving in Bahrain
    Driving in Bahrain

Expats love the freedom and convenience of driving, and many choose to purchase or rent their own car. But, ...

• Opening a bank account in Bahrain
    Opening a bank account in Bahrain

Opening a local bank account is essential for receiving your salary. The Wage Protection System (WPS) is designed ...

• Relocating with your pets to Bahrain
    Relocating with your pets to Bahrain

One of the decisions to make when relocating to a foreign country is what to do about pets. For many expats, there ...

• Starting a business in Bahrain
    Starting a business in Bahrain

According to the World Bank Group report for 2019, Bahrain lies 3rd out of 20 nations, for ease of doing business ...

• Studying in Bahrain
    Studying in Bahrain

The universities and colleges in Bahrain are too numerous to mention. The majority are Bahrain institutions, but ...

All of Manama's guide articles