Menu
Expat.com

Getting retirement pension from Philippines

Last activity 01 November 2020 by Mr. Puravet

Mr. Puravet

My wife has been working over 10 years In the Philippines . We are living In France . When time's come , we wonder how she can get her retirement pension . We have try to get Information on Internet , get on the site of the SSS  , but  we havn't been successful to get Informations .   Of course , I think we could probably get some help In the Philippine Embassy  In Paris , but we are living far away + need an appointment .   The deal would be that , she could apply on line for retirement , then the SSS , would be able to give her retirement pension direct to her bank  account In the Philippines . After , It would be best to transfer the money to a bank account In France ... It would be the best case !  However , I don't think things would work so "simply  " . We have no plan to go to the Philippines .   Anyone  Might have some practical Informations ????

Mr. Puravet

Hi  Mister ,
Thank-you for your Answer . I am not sure you understand the purpose of my comments . We do not went to Invest any money or spend our retirement In the Philippines .  I am retired myself In France , happy to  stay In France and my wife has no intention to spend his retirement In the Philippines, she just plan to stay here with me , just having her Philippine pension money transfer to her bank account .  Thank's anyway .

Soonretired

i think the guy post above you is just a spam trying to get some work, i dont have an answer for you but someone here will i am sure ( :

Mr. Puravet

Thank's

Fil-Am Mom

Search "apply for sss retirement benefits Philippines" on google.

Go to results which link to official SSS sites, i.e., websites with .gov.ph extension.

Here's one result I got by searching google:

https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/appmanager/p … retirement

I think the first step would be to register for an online account, if your wife hasn't yet. Very important: Don't forget the password.

You might also want to check out some of the OFW websites in your google results for practical advice. Take note of when the article was posted / published as some of these may be outdated and might provide you inaccurate info.

FindlayMacD

I'm sure there will be many hoops to jump through to get money out of the Philippines and into a foreign bank account, even if your wife is fully entitled to that money.

Mr. Puravet

Thank's for your answers ; I already try the SSS site , but I end -up to a white page with the message " Not found "  The only way , apparently , Is to give a phone call ... The other thing Is we don't have a code # ...  Another way would be to have someone In the Philippines who goes to an office SSS to get the proper Informations .   Anyway , no rush , we have time .

Enzyte Bob

How much does Philippines SSS pay?

I've heard it needs to be better, way way better, excuse me way way way better.

TeeJay4103

My wife's aunt who was living in Baltimore Maryland, opened an account in the Phil prior to leaving the RP. 
While the rules may have changed in the last few years, she was only able to access the funds through a special power of attorney that gave my wife access to the funds which she would then transfer to the U.S.

Things may have changed since then, but making sure that the bank will allow access to the funds from a country other than the Philippines would be one of the first questions I would ask the bank.

Good luck.

Mr. Puravet

We don't know how much the Philippines retirement will be ,It probably dépend how many years the person has been working...   And once they will pay , It will be to a specific bank . At that Time , we will have to figure a way for money transfer .

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Philippines

All of the Philippines's guide articles