Menu
Expat.com

S pass application rejected.

Last activity 11 November 2020 by beppi

Chemsss

Anyone recently experienced this? Reason indicated that the candidate is not here in Singapore. Applied last Oct 12 and rejected Oct 26.

beppi

As long as entering the country is restricted, it makes sense to not issue new work passes.
Your employer can try again when the situation normalizes.

Chemsss

Sorry I forgot to mention, but I am here currently in Singapore. I never left this year.

GuestPoster302

i have the same experience. My spass was applied on 21 Oct and was rejected earlier today. It says my company can appeal should if I'm currently staying in Singapore. My company appealed just today as well. Please give me an update with your appeal. thanks

indra.racy
ej1123 wrote:

i have the same experience. My spass was applied on 21 Oct and was rejected earlier today. It says my company can appeal should if I'm currently staying in Singapore. My company appealed just today as well. Please give me an update with your appeal. thanks

So, you're not in Singapore.. right?

GuestPoster302

I am here in singapore. I was just about to shift company. My last day on my previous company was on 27 of oct.

indra.racy
ej1123 wrote:

I am here in singapore. I was just about to shift company. My last day on my previous company was on 27 of oct.

Okay.. so, this is a new S-Pass application. Any idea on the reason for rejection? What was mentioned, and appealed?

Chemsss

I think same with me: “Your application is not successful,. If your candidate is currently in Singapore, you may wish to submit an appeal for our consideration “.

GuestPoster302

Yes i received the exact same reason from them. Were u able to make an appeal? My company did just today. Ill update u just in case theres any progress. Please update me as well with the progress of your appeal

Chemsss

Yes they appealed on the sale day it was rejected. Hopefully next week got some results already.

Chemsss

**same

Tif1234

Hello, May I know is there any updates regarding to your appeal? because I'm in a same situation right now and was doubt on how long the process gonna be.

Looking forward for your respond, Thanks! smile.png

Chemsss

Hi all. Just want to update you. My pass has been approved. Hopefully yours too. ❤️

topalli16
Chemsss wrote:

Hi all. Just want to update you. My pass has been approved. Hopefully yours too. ❤️

Good to know!
Good luck smile.png

vpulumat
Chemsss wrote:

Exactly on which date it is approved?

Salle Victorine

Please I want to know if a friend in Singapore can apply an S pass or E pass for me while I'm in my home country?

Chemsss

Only employer/company will be able to apply pass for you. If you have job offers already.. they will apply pass for you

Salle Victorine

Thanks. But I filled up my information in a company who gave job offers. How will I know I'm hired to get an S or E pass. How will the company notify me?

Chemsss

They will contact you via Email. If you pass all the interview and they really want to offer you the job. And ofcourse job opportunities will depend on your line of job.

Salle Victorine

Interview? How can it be done online? Do the employer needs to see my face or what

beppi

Salle Victorine: I am afraid you have unrealistic expectations of company's hiring processes (not only in Singapore). Of course you have to pass interviews, typically several, some of which can be conducted via videocalls, and there will be a stringent selection process (as they will have many applications for each job opening). If you are selected, you will receive an employment contract. Only after you sign and return that, the company will apply for your work pass.
The entire process usually takes several months and you will only be successful if you are a very good fit for the job and employer (which, in Singapore, must be a registered company eligible to hire foreigners, not a "friend").

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

All of Singapore's guide articles