Menu
Expat.com

Information for considering a move to Rotterdam

Last activity 03 December 2020 by Ramses K.

Yevgeny_OP

Hi everyone,

I have some questions to make issues clear for myself.

We are family with 3 childrens ages 6, 3.5, 1.4. I got an offer of 4650EU from company in Rotterdam and now try to investigate if this offer in good enough for family of five with if take care all aspects like accommodations, school, accommodations taxes, insurerses, grocery, public transport (or car), accommodations providers (elec., gas, water, internet, cell phone). If I forget something will glad if you'll share as well
Thank you in advance!

pvida1966

4650EU gross or net? if net you might just struggle barely get by for a family of 5.

Yevgeny_OP

Hi, this is gross amount

pvida1966

try this site it should give you a general idea https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Rotterdam
you can also compare to your current situation too. And if you planning international school for your kids then i see a big problem

Ramses K.

Yes easily.

Yevgeny_OP

Hi, what do you mean easiely? That 4650 gross is ok for family if 5?

Cynic

If that is your monthly salary, it is 3 times more than the Dutch minimum wage; many people live on that salary.  If it's your annual salary (it can't be because it's below minimum wage, so illegal), then don't bother.

Ramses K.
Yevgeny_OP wrote:

Hi, what do you mean easiely? That 4650 gross is ok for family if 5?

Like I already said you can live easily with your family. That said finding a suitable house to live in is going to ask your patience, we have a housing shortage in the Netherlands. Look for housing also in Barendrecht, Vlaardingen, Capelle a/d Ijssel, Krimpen a/d Ijssel en Ouderkerk a/d Ijssel.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Rotterdam

All of Rotterdam's guide articles