Horrifying experience from a Mover & packers

I would like to bring to your notice how an Indian run cargo company, ***, has exploited us, in our time of need, when we decided to shift from Muscat to Mumbai for good.

I have shared a detailed account of all of their exploitative practices they committed while carrying out our work.

I have also attached photos of the damaged items, conversations and emails that will serve as evidence of their modus operandi.

However, I have condensed our experience in the following points for easy reference:
Charging us for the insurance but not issuing a policy. Not informing us before the shipping date that an insurance policy hasn't been issued. And informing us only after we followed up with them.
Many items are chipped and broken and we can't claim for it
Making false assurances and misguiding us in terms of how much can a container could hold stuff so they can charges us more for loose items. Filling the containers with dummy boxes to ensure that our cargo items don't fit in.

Demanding an additional payment for the left out 12 items when the assessment from SEA SKY Cargo was faulty

They are holding these items for ransom and not shipping them until we pay them more money
Avoid signing the contract till last day despite multiple reminders, Purposely offering us the wrong contract, changing the terms at the last minute and forcing our hand. Threatening my parents if they didn't agree with the new terms.

Purposely not communicating with us in the period when the cargo was still docked at Muscat when there was enough time to clear things, if any

They need to be held accountable for their action and I am requesting my fellow Indians not to engage this company for your job even if it sounds cheaper than other agencies to avoid horrifying experience we have experienced.

Regards

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Potentially defamatory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I also had similar experience, wherein I was told that cargo is charged at Rial Omani 1.800 per kg. 
However after all the packing was over the guy charged me additional RO 100 as packing charges. They never talk about this additional charge when you enquire about cargo charges.  After packing is over, you can't argue or fight with them, is the trick they adopt.

I called up other packers  and they told packing charges should not be more than RO20.

Because many expats are leaving Oman, packers are fleecing expatriates.

Another issue is false promise of "tracking your cargo".  They promise that you can track your bill on their website.  But when I visited their website, there was no facility to track and was left in the dark about where is my cargo. 

Repeated phone calls and whatsapp messages to the guy who came to pack my things were not answered and finally had to use my friends to go to the office of packers and find the status of the cargo. 

I am however lucky that my items were not damaged during transit.

Please file a case in the court and they will be definitely banned from operating in the country.

Reference to this complaint regarding our company I would like to remind  you some points.
First - As you have mentioned that we didn't share you insurance documents, at the time of sending quotation we have clearly mentioned that insurance was not included in our quote. We have informed you that there will be additional charges for insurance.  We have sent mails to you also regarding this.
At the time packing you have refused to sign the agreement, we have all the records.
Second - Your cargo has loaded in 20ft container and infront of you our crew loaded the container at your door steps. For that also you hadn't paid us the complete agreed amount. You had promised our Mumbai counterpart that you will pay the balance amount after unpacking and fixing. After finished all the work you refused to pay the charges.
Third-  There was no space to accommodate some packages , for that you have promised that you will pay additional charges. After that you are not willing to pay the charges.
We have done everything as we have promised but you didn't honor your commitments. Please do not put this type of false information in social media to mislead people.
If you need I can share the quotation along with all the email conversations from the beginning.